The religion of peace at it again

TheBlueVue

It is rather comical that Obama is more comfortable calling Tea Party folks jihadists than he is Muslims who are ruthlessly killing innocent people world wide.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone with a very basic understanding of the Northwest region of Pakistan knows this wasn't religiously motivated.

Anyone who understands anything about Theocracy knows that the motive of the Taliban is to set up a strict Islamic State. Explain to me how that is not "religiously motivated"

I can explain to you how the Klu Klux Klan is a group of professing "Christians" that use the bible and its words as their motivation.

So in your mind the KKK has been terrorizing people who disagree with them for over a 1000 years now

There are a billion Muslims worldwide, the vast majority of which are illiterate.... A BILLION. If only 5% hijack that religion or pervert it to justify their insanity that means there are potentially 50 million terrorists worldwide. Do you think the KKK is a comparable threat to the civilized world? Quick, tell me the last time the KKK actually killed someone.

"So in your mind the KKK has been terrorizing people who disagree with them for over a 1000 years now"

You have made this assumption in your own mind. I don't see where I made any such claim or even hinted at a time table. I simply used the organization of the KKK as a simple illustration to point that any religion or faith can be hijacked. If you want to quantify it then you must also understand that the KKK has roots and offshoots to this very day. I think 1000 years of terrorizing people by a group of people that feel they are the superior race is a very modest number.

"A BILLION. If only 5% hijack that religion or pervert it to justify their insanity that means there are potentially 50 million terrorists worldwide."

I am afraid this is our disconnect. I am not defending Islam in this topic. I am trying to separate the Taliban from the notion that they are the majority of Islam (which you did quite nicely IMHO). Do you think the "Taliban" has 50 million members? Try less than 100,000. Even inside this number of lower than 100,000 you can find tribes and factions that war against each other. There are even members of the Taliban that denounced the actions of the school murders. The "Taliban" must be viewed as nothing more than what we here in America call gangs and thugs. The problem is these "terrorist thugs" are a lot more literate than you could even imagine. If the bloods or crips had a fraction of the structure and knowledge these... (if I may use your thinking)"illiterate muslims" have, you and I would live in a different world. (and yes, most violent urban gangs in America are terrorists and we have over a million of them)

"Do you think the KKK is a comparable threat to the civilized world?"

The KKK??? No. The driving force behind the KKK is definitely a threat to the civilized world!!! The motivation of having GOD on your side to create a perfect civilized world thru force will always be a threat. Always has and always will be!!!

"Quick, tell me the last time the KKK actually killed someone."

I think you assumed that the KKK only hangs black people. Since you asked, think 2014, Missouri, and Jewish and see if you can answer your own question. If you are good with history then go back a whole 2 years and think Sikh Temple and Wisconsin. This was done by a white, Christian, public schooled, US Army Veteran who targeted some of the most peaceful people in the United States because he thought they were muslim. BUT you want to convince me that we are far superior to the "illiterate muslims".

Anyone with a very basic understanding of the Northwest region of Pakistan knows this wasn't religiously motivated.

Anyone who understands anything about Theocracy knows that the motive of the Taliban is to set up a strict Islamic State. Explain to me how that is not "religiously motivated"

I can explain to you how the Klu Klux Klan is a group of professing "Christians" that use the bible and its words as their motivation.

So in your mind the KKK has been terrorizing people who disagree with them for over a 1000 years now

There are a billion Muslims worldwide, the vast majority of which are illiterate.... A BILLION. If only 5% hijack that religion or pervert it to justify their insanity that means there are potentially 50 million terrorists worldwide. Do you think the KKK is a comparable threat to the civilized world? Quick, tell me the last time the KKK actually killed someone.

"So in your mind the KKK has been terrorizing people who disagree with them for over a 1000 years now"

You have made this assumption in your own mind. I don't see where I made any such claim or even hinted at a time table. I simply used the organization of the KKK as a simple illustration to point that any religion or faith can be hijacked. If you want to quantify it then you must also understand that the KKK has roots and offshoots to this very day. I think 1000 years of terrorizing people by a group of people that feel they are the superior race is a very modest number.

"A BILLION. If only 5% hijack that religion or pervert it to justify their insanity that means there are potentially 50 million terrorists worldwide."

I am afraid this is our disconnect. I am not defending Islam in this topic. I am trying to separate the Taliban from the notion that they are the majority of Islam (which you did quite nicely IMHO). Do you think the "Taliban" has 50 million members? Try less than 100,000. Even inside this number of lower than 100,000 you can find tribes and factions that war against each other. There are even members of the Taliban that denounced the actions of the school murders. The "Taliban" must be viewed as nothing more than what we here in America call gangs and thugs. The problem is these "terrorist thugs" are a lot more literate than you could even imagine. If the bloods or crips had a fraction of the structure and knowledge these... (if I may use your thinking)"illiterate muslims" have, you and I would live in a different world. (and yes, most violent urban gangs in America are terrorists and we have over a million of them)

"Do you think the KKK is a comparable threat to the civilized world?"

The KKK??? No. The driving force behind the KKK is definitely a threat to the civilized world!!! The motivation of having GOD on your side to create a perfect civilized world thru force will always be a threat. Always has and always will be!!!

"Quick, tell me the last time the KKK actually killed someone."

I think you assumed that the KKK only hangs black people. Since you asked, think 2014, Missouri, and Jewish and see if you can answer your own question. If you are good with history then go back a whole 2 years and think Sikh Temple and Wisconsin. This was done by a white, Christian, public schooled, US Army Veteran who targeted some of the most peaceful people in the United States because he thought they were muslim. BUT you want to convince me that we are far superior to the "illiterate muslims".

Good for you, you found an isolated incident, done by a "white Christian" How does that compare to global mayhem driven by religious extremism.? You are to be commended. You certainly seem to be defending the acts of Islamic terrorists by pointing out the sins of others but thats just my take on it. The Taliban killed 130 children just yesterday after making them watch some of their teachers burn to death. Many of the children were beheaded as well. In reality, the KKK is utterly irrelevant as it relates to the magnitude of evil that radical Islam represents and really dont think that's even debatable. But if it makes you fell smart or better, you can wring your hands about the evils of the KKK while the world burns at the hands of psychopathic killers whose ambition is to declare a worldwide caliphate. Unless they are stopped that is exactly what they are going to do and you can count on that.

PS. The Taliban is ONE sect of radical Islam....ONE. Be advised, there are dozens of others

Actually, you guys are the ones implying all Muslims are terrorists when that is obviously not true.

And I fail to see how this has anything to do with moral relativism. This is about making sweeping generalizations.

Of all the religious terrorism that's occurring in the world today, 95% of it, or more, is what religion?

Take a guess.

You have made this assumption in your own mind. I don't see where I made any such claim or even hinted at a time table....

Fabricating a straw man is his main MO. He can't muster a valid response to your post, so he "re-states" it into something you didn't say.

It is rather comical that Obama is more comfortable calling Tea Party folks jihadists than he is Muslims who are ruthlessly killing innocent people world wide.

When did Obama say that?

Good for you, you found an isolated incident. You are to be commended. You certainly seem to be defending the acts of Islamic terrorists by pointing out the sins of others but thats just my take on it. The Taliban killed 130 children just yesterday after making them watch some of their teachers burn to death. Many of the children were beheaded as well. In reality, the KKK is utterly irrelevant as it relates to the magnitude of evil that radical Islam represents and really dont think that's even debatable. But if it makes you fell smart or better, you can wring your hands about the evils of the KKK while the world burns at the hands of psychopathic killers whose ambition is to declare a worldwide caliphate. Unless they are stopped that is exactly what they are going to do and you can count on that.

I can assure you one thing, THERE WILL NEVER EVER BE A WORLDWIDE CALIPHATE. Thugs don't work that way. Try to put all Christians under the Pope again and tell me how that works out for you.

The dung that committed this act are dead. I pray that every worm that had any knowledge of this plan receives beyond the justice deserved. PERIOD!!!

Your views of blending thugs with all muslims, behind the veil of patriotism, is what scares me worse than anything the KKK has ever dreamed of doing.

The title of this thread just reminds me too much of the ignorant war cry..."just nuke them all !!!"

Actually, you guys are the ones implying all Muslims are terrorists when that is obviously not true.

And I fail to see how this has anything to do with moral relativism. This is about making sweeping generalizations.

Of all the religious terrorism that's occurring in the world today, 95% of it, or more, is what religion?

Take a guess.

What has that got to do with the fact that Islamic extremists are not representative of Islam as a whole?

Take a guess.

What has that got to do with the fact that Islamic extremists are not representative of Islam as a whole?

I don't know. Ask that of those who died in Beslan. Or Pakistan. Or in both WTC towers. Or those who had their heads sawed off on video. Or US Embassies in Africa. Or a night club in Bali. Or a shopping mall in Africa. Or Ft Hood.

All completely unrelated incidents, huh?

Take a guess.

I don't know. Ask that of those who died in Beslan. Or Pakistan. Or in both WTC towers. Or those who had their heads sawed off on video. Or US Embassies in Africa. Or a night club in Bali. Or a shopping mall in Africa. Or Ft Hood.

That's a specious, illogical, red herring response.

Translation: Dammit, I've got no response to that one.

Translation: Dammit, I've got no response to that one.

Congratulations, you have discovered my weakness. I never respond to specious, illogical, red herring posts. :-\

One thing that is an absolute LIE in this thread is that these atrocities are being committed by any certain "religion".

I find it sad that you ALL have fallen into this trap of blaming any religion or belief system for these crimes.

These crimes aren't committed by Christians or Muslims, they are committed by human beings that are consumed by Satan. Yes, I just judged people in a huge way, and I do not and will not apologize for it.

If you are a person that believes that Jesus Christ or allah told you to kill, I have news for you, YOU ARE NOT A BORN AGAIN FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST, NOR ARE YOU SAVED, AND YOU HAVE BOUGHT INTO AN ABSOLUTE LIE FROM SATAN HIMSELF. As far as islam, I am ignorant of their beliefs so I can't comment intelligently on those.

Please stop saying that Christians have killed millions of people throughout history. That is an absolute lie and simply IS NOT TRUE.

One thing that is an absolute LIE in this thread is that these atrocities are being committed by any certain "religion".

I find it sad that you ALL have fallen into this trap of blaming any religion or belief system for these crimes.

These crimes aren't committed by Christians or Muslims, they are committed by human beings that are consumed by Satan. Yes, I just judged people in a huge way, and I do not and will not apologize for it.

If you are a person that believes that Jesus Christ or allah told you to kill, I have news for you, YOU ARE NOT A BORN AGAIN FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST, NOR ARE YOU SAVED, AND YOU HAVE BOUGHT INTO AN ABSOLUTE LIE FROM SATAN HIMSELF. As far as islam, I am ignorant of their beliefs so I can't comment intelligently on those.

Please stop saying that Christians have killed millions of people throughout history. That is an absolute lie and simply IS NOT TRUE.

Good points, all.

But just to clarify, if I claim people have been murdered in the name of Christianity, I don't mean the people doing so were actually Christians. Obviously they were not.

The point is that any religion can be hijacked or used by evil people. And the fact that there are so many evil people doing exactly that in the name of Islam does not make Islam itself evil.

Good points, all.

But just to clarify, if I claim people have been murdered in the name of Christianity, I don't mean the people doing so were actually Christians. Obviously they were not.

The point is that any religion can be hijacked or used by evil people. And the fact that there are so many evil people doing exactly that in the name of Islam does not make Islam itself evil.

I concur...

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a born again believer in Yeshua (aka Jesus) that believes the LAW given to Moses was never abolished and feel loved when called a Christian.

I get your point weegle and will try to phrase my points better. I pray that you did not read my words as malicious toward any GOD loving Christian.

With that, I stand corrected and thank you for it Weegle.

Take a guess.

Now where does the Rwandan Genocide fit on the "terrorism" definition scale? Bosnia comes to mind as well.

Can we include Communism in this discussion since the ultimate point is heartless killing of innocents?

I can't confirm this quote but I think the number gives light to the subject.

"The ongoing conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan have taken a tremendous toll on the people of those countries. At the very least, 174,000 civilians have been determined to have died violent deaths as a result of the war as of April 2014. The actual number of deaths, direct and indirect, as a result of the wars are many times higher than this figure."

Take a guess.

What makes you think they are not? I'm still waiting for the throngs of Moslems that abhor terrorism to step forward and say so. When do those Moslems that are "representative of the whole" start marching, protesting, taking some action? Any action? Until they do some renouncing they are giving tacit approval to the actions of the murderers.

Question (not aimed at anyone in particular)......I'm a Christian. If I am a soldier in Iraq serving my country during a war and I kill an Iraqi, does that mean I am not a born again believer in Jesus Christ?

Take a guess.

What makes you think they are not? I'm still waiting for the throngs of Moslems that abhor terrorism to step forward and say so. When do those Moslems that are "representative of the whole" start marching, protesting, taking some action? Any action? Until they do some renouncing they are giving tacit approval to the actions of the murderers.

Now let us view ourselves thru the same microscope you just proposed...

How many more Auburn student deaths will it take for the same level of response you expect from others?

The question is flawed from the beginning and with all respect Mikey, shows the ignorance of thinking it's the world against Muslims.

The school murders were "muslims"(Taliban) killing "muslims" (Pakistani Civilians) in retaliation of the Pakistani government "muslims" standing up and targeting terrorists who just happen to be "muslim".

Do I need to tell you who is staring down the barrels of rifles aimed at ISIS "muslim" terrorists? "muslims"

Afghanistan is at war with the Taliban at this very moment.

There are "muslims" in aircrafts right beside Americans trying to kill ISIS "muslims".

Question (not aimed at anyone in particular)......I'm a Christian. If I am a soldier in Iraq serving my country during a war and I kill an Iraqi, does that mean I am not a born again believer in Jesus Christ?

The answer will depend on how one first defines sin and if a sin is judged to have been committed how they view "once saved always saved".

I my opinion the question would more accurately be directed at GRACE. Not my area to judge though.

p.s. Mods might get us for talking religion this way in this forum

...p.s. Mods might get us for talking religion this way in this forum

It's never been a problem before. Talk away.

...p.s. Mods might get us for talking religion this way in this forum

It's never been a problem before. Talk away.

shhhhh....

I am not ready to be crucified or beheaded just yet

Take a guess.

What makes you think they are not?

Common sense.

Good points, all.

I know where you are coming from, and I agree.

Good points, all.

I concur...

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a born again believer in Yeshua (aka Jesus) that believes the LAW given to Moses was never abolished and feel loved when called a Christian.

I get your point weegle and will try to phrase my points better. I pray that you did not read my words as malicious toward any GOD loving Christian.

With that, I stand corrected and thank you for it Weegle.

I didn't at all my friend.

Archived