2015/16 Starter Prediction

AuCivilEng1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm miffed at how little people say Andrew Williams. He was a stud recruit coming in, and I haven't seen much about his progress. Is he going to be a rush end? What's up?

as bad as we needed help there this season and these guys redshirted it doesn't look very promising for next year. Seems like they could be 2 or 3 years out.

Andrew Williams needs Muschamp to take a long look at the DEs past Lambert and Lawson (as I think he should) or otherwise, he's gonna have to play the role of "an Auburn man" and just be depth chart filler.

If he couldn't start at DE over two DTs in Wright and Daniel, then there isn't much hope there

Andrew Williams needs Muschamp to take a long look at the DEs past Lambert and Lawson (as I think he should) or otherwise, he's gonna have to play the role of "an Auburn man" and just be depth chart filler.

If he couldn't start at DE over two DTs in Wright and Daniel, then there isn't much hope there

He was a freshman... Are you serious?

Ikr....a lot of crazy armchair coaching analysis in this thread...lol

Ikr....a lot of crazy armchair coaching analysis in this thread on this board...lol

FIFW

Another brilliant observation. Glad we didn't write off Dee Ford, Kevin Greene, Ron Stallworth and Aundray Bruce when they failed to start as freshmen.

So you think every d end on the roster is a bust?

no, he just doesn't think period.

not defending DTR, but the point i made earlier is that i dont expect big things next season by the DEs that redshirted this year. the comment about not starting was not fair, but they didnt even do well enough to take off the redshirt and get on the field at all in our most needed position. to me that says they could be long term developers. by no means busts.

not defending DTR, but the point i made earlier is that i dont expect big things next season by the DEs that redshirted this year. the comment about not starting was not fair, but they didnt even do well enough to take off the redshirt and get on the field at all in our most needed position. to me that says they could be long term developers. by no means busts.

I use busts to describe players who aren't going to reach a certain ceiling, and for Williams to be in the position he is now, its unlikely for him to reach that ceiling. To talk about your posts, it's hard to see him being more than a rotating end, which depending on our formation and the development of other ends on roster could be good or not. Either way, next season, he'll probably be a 3rd stringer. PROBABLY

I use busts to describe players who aren't going to reach a certain ceiling, and for Williams to be in the position he is now, its unlikely for him to reach that ceiling. To talk about your posts, it's hard to see him being more than a rotating end, which depending on our formation and the development of other ends on roster could be good or not. Either way, next season, he'll probably be a 3rd stringer. PROBABLY

Lololololololololoolol.

He was redshirting this year, you dummy.

Guest jojo1515

You dudes trip me out. Ranking dudes you haven't even seen play. Dudes that sat the bench over a guy that have up a sack to a future top ten pick.....Smh, actually I take that back I'm not surprised

Take it to pms ladies ;)

Redshirting a player isn't a decision made preseason, its made when you're decided that you can't contribute at the time. Great talent can contribute.

Redshirting a player isn't a decision made preseason, its made when you're decided that you can't contribute at the time. Great talent can contribute.

LOL! Two words: Greg Robinson

Redshirts are often decided preseason. And they're also often decided late...by injuries to starters that force the burning of redshirts or other such things that lead to the same outcome.

Williams completely got lost. I had to look him up because I couldn't for the life of me remember who he even was. As far as the redshirt discussion goes, that was Chiz's decision to redshirt G-Rob. I think Malzahn knows that if a player can contribute early, you have to play him. Unfortunately for Williams, if he wasn't able to break into the rotation this year, it doesn't look good for him moving forward....He's still young though, so he could still develop into a great player. You just never know.

LOL! Two words: Greg Robinson

Redshirts are often decided preseason. And they're also often decided late...by injuries to starters that force the burning of redshirts or other such things that lead to the same outcome.

Malzahn states several times a year that the best talent is gonna get on the field, and even though he gives autonomy over the defense to the coordinator, its still his position to make decisions. Lawson got on the field because he had talent, Adams got on the field because he had talent, Daniel, Ford, even Alexander with not much impact. The thought that players can donate talent, depth, be a change of pace, something is there preseason, so there's no way you could have that, especially THIS YEAR with almost no one that was actually good at DE outside of Lambert. Williams had to be in that process and failed in some way then got removed from the process

Archived