2015/16 Starter Prediction

AuCivilEng1

Andrew Williams needs Muschamp to take a long look at the DEs past Lambert and Lawson (as I think he should) or otherwise, he's gonna have to play the role of "an Auburn man" and just be depth chart filler.

If he couldn't start at DE over two DTs in Wright and Daniel, then there isn't much hope there

So you think every d end on the roster is a bust?

not defending DTR, but the point i made earlier is that i dont expect big things next season by the DEs that redshirted this year. the comment about not starting was not fair, but they didnt even do well enough to take off the redshirt and get on the field at all in our most needed position. to me that says they could be long term developers. by no means busts.

I use busts to describe players who aren't going to reach a certain ceiling, and for Williams to be in the position he is now, its unlikely for him to reach that ceiling. To talk about your posts, it's hard to see him being more than a rotating end, which depending on our formation and the development of other ends on roster could be good or not. Either way, next season, he'll probably be a 3rd stringer. PROBABLY

He was redshirting this year, you dummy.

Redshirting a player isn't a decision made preseason, its made when you're decided that you can't contribute at the time. Great talent can contribute.

Andrew Williams needs Muschamp to take a long look at the DEs past Lambert and Lawson (as I think he should) or otherwise, he's gonna have to play the role of "an Auburn man" and just be depth chart filler.

If he couldn't start at DE over two DTs in Wright and Daniel, then there isn't much hope there

So you think every d end on the roster is a bust?

not defending DTR, but the point i made earlier is that i dont expect big things next season by the DEs that redshirted this year. the comment about not starting was not fair, but they didnt even do well enough to take off the redshirt and get on the field at all in our most needed position. to me that says they could be long term developers. by no means busts.

I use busts to describe players who aren't going to reach a certain ceiling, and for Williams to be in the position he is now, its unlikely for him to reach that ceiling. To talk about your posts, it's hard to see him being more than a rotating end, which depending on our formation and the development of other ends on roster could be good or not. Either way, next season, he'll probably be a 3rd stringer. PROBABLY

He was redshirting this year, you dummy.

Redshirting a player isn't a decision made preseason, its made when you're decided that you can't contribute at the time. Great talent can contribute.

LOL! Two words: Greg Robinson

Redshirts are often decided preseason. And they're also often decided late...by injuries to starters that force the burning of redshirts or other such things that lead to the same outcome.

Malzahn states several times a year that the best talent is gonna get on the field, and even though he gives autonomy over the defense to the coordinator, its still his position to make decisions. Lawson got on the field because he had talent, Adams got on the field because he had talent, Daniel, Ford, even Alexander with not much impact. The thought that players can donate talent, depth, be a change of pace, something is there preseason, so there's no way you could have that, especially THIS YEAR with almost no one that was actually good at DE outside of Lambert. Williams had to be in that process and failed in some way then got removed from the process

Williams may move inside where we had plenty of bodies this year.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defensive line, tackle is probably the most difficult place for a true freshman to crack. Mainly because of the physicality. They have to get bigger, stronger, and get used to playing against talent that is consistently equal or better. Elite talent like Lawson and others often make rotations but rarely dominate the position as freshman. The depth of players ahead of Williams, combined with him being a true freshman it made sense to redshirt him and train him up. RG has coached more DL and DT than anyone here, if he felt the kid was ready he would have played. Hopefully he took advantage of his RS year, trained hard and will contribute in the fall....and by no means is he a "bust" because he did not play as a freshman

Wow.. this has got to be a joke.. Just because you take a redshirt, you obviously don't have the talent to be a major contributor? So you are basically saying,our future QB, Sean White should go ahead and either transfer or quit. If you don't come in and immediately beat out people that are 3-4 years older, with 3-4 more years in a college S&C program and 3-4 more years of experience in the SEC, you are never going to be worth your weight in turds... wow.. troll much? Come back to the football boards when you can claim to know at least 1 thing about football.

Wow.. this has got to be a joke.. Just because you take a redshirt, you obviously don't have the talent to be a major contributor? So you are basically saying,our future QB, Sean White should go ahead and either transfer or quit. If you don't come in and immediately beat out people that are 3-4 years older, with 3-4 more years in a college S&C program and 3-4 more years of experience in the SEC, you are never going to be worth your weight in turds... wow.. troll much? Come back to the football boards when you can claim to know at least 1 thing about football.

I'm not sure where your comprehension of reading stopped in my post but apparently very early. I clearly stated that the DL had nearly no one that could be considered a good DE outside of Lambert. Williams still couldn't get time as even a contributor.

You following me? You understand these words?

At QB, we had two all-SEC QBs that were both better than White and had more experience

Can you read this? I'm assuming so, so I'll continue.

To disagree with my point is one thing, but to completely misconstrue it and then bring up an example that isn't even in the same realm of comparison is ridiculous.

so after reading bout outback practice and seeing recruits postions changed on services my new predictions

QB Johnson,White,Queen

WC J.Smith,Godwin

RB Robinson,Barber

Jet Thomas,Johnson

HB Pettway, Cox

TE Denson,Laye,Harris

WR Ray,Stevens,Walker,McGriff

WR Louis,J.Smith,Burt,Burton

WR Davis,Godwin,Truitt

LT B Smith,Ivey

LG Kozan,Danzey,Harrell

C Golson,Dampeer,Mix,Kim

RG Young,Diamond,Adams

RT Coleman,Leff,Sharp

LE Lawson,Daniel,Kennion,Thorton

DT A Williams,M Swain,Russell

NT Adams,Niles,Payne,Johnson

RE Lambert,Lawerence,Cowart,Walker

LB Frost ,Garrett,Mitchell,Holland

LB T Williams,Davis,D Williams

LB McKinzy,Swain,Harding,Sullivan

CB Holsey,T Davis,Turner,Westry

FS Matthews,Ford,Alexander,Atkinson

SS Moncrief,Boston,Colbert,McBryde

CB Jones,Melton,Bessent

NB Ruffin,Roberts

I assume Harrell and Nero done from injuries. I believe we finish with Terry Godwin,Daron Payne,Jeff Holland,Byron Cowart,DeAndre Walker,Martez Ivey,John Burt.Mostly cuz they were leans to Florida.

Our biggest issue to resolve is QB. I hope JJ comes on strong. I just have not seen what all the hype is about. I think QB spot is wide open and a freshman could win the job. We need a mobile QB that likes to run...that is not JJ and I don't know if it White either.

so after reading bout outback practice and seeing recruits postions changed on services my new predictions

QB Johnson,White,Queen

WC J.Smith,Godwin

RB Robinson,Barber

Jet Thomas,Johnson

HB Pettway, Cox

TE Denson,Laye,Harris

WR Ray,Stevens,Walker,McGriff

WR Louis,J.Smith,Burt,Burton

WR Davis,Godwin,Truitt

LT B Smith,Ivey

LG Kozan,Danzey,Harrell

C Golson,Dampeer,Mix,Kim

RG Young,Diamond,Adams

RT Coleman,Leff,Sharp

LE Lawson,Daniel,Kennion,Thorton

DT A Williams,M Swain,Russell

NT Adams,Niles,Payne,Johnson

RE Lambert,Lawerence,Cowart,Walker

LB Frost ,Garrett,Mitchell,Holland

LB T Williams,Davis,D Williams

LB McKinzy,Swain,Harding,Sullivan

CB Holsey,T Davis,Turner,Westry

FS Matthews,Ford,Alexander,Atkinson

SS Moncrief,Boston,Colbert,McBryde

CB Jones,Melton,Bessent

NB Ruffin,Roberts

I assume Harrell and Nero done from injuries. I believe we finish with Terry Godwin,Daron Payne,Jeff Holland,Byron Cowart,DeAndre Walker,Martez Ivey,John Burt.Mostly cuz they were leans to Florida.

..... and Patrick Miller ?

Our biggest issue to resolve is QB. I hope JJ comes on strong. I just have not seen what all the hype is about. I think QB spot is wide open and a freshman could win the job. We need a mobile QB that likes to run...that is not JJ and I don't know if it White either.

See: Tulsa

we don't need a running QB, and JJ's career stats are 57/78 for 858 with a 9:2 TD:int rate. what does he have to do to impress you?

we don't need a running QB, and JJ's career stats are 57/78 for 858 with a 9:2 TD:int rate. what does he have to do to impress you?

73% completion rate for an average of 15 yards... I will take it.

Against D2 opponents. The only D1 team he has played against was last A-day....that was not too hot. And he is not a runner.

Against D2 opponents. The only D1 team he has played against was last A-day....that was not too hot. And he is not a runner.

Actually, He started the first game this year against an Arkansas defense that ended up not being too bad. In one-half of football against a D-1 defense he put up 250 passing yards, 2 TD's and hit his first 8 passes out of the gate and pretty much got the team to put up 21 points. I'd say that's not too shabby.

20/26 334 2:0 against Arky LSU and Georgia this season. you claim that competition is wide open because JJ is not a runner, but Gus does not need a track star level athlete playing QB to succeed on offense, as we saw his first year at Auburn and while he was at Tulsa. Lastly you seem to be going entirely based on the A-day game from last spring, which is stupid, since JJ was playing against the first team Defense with a bunch of second and third stringers, plus he has succeeded in real competition. At least do some research before you make yourself look bad

Arky's Def. turned out to be pretty good and JJ did really well against them. We should be really loaded on Off. I think we will be even better tan this year. And we will be much improved on Def. as well. I think we have a great chance to make the playoff and if we really gel we could win it all. Some of the teams that were up this year are really going to fall hard next year. MSU is losing almost 75% of there starters. FSU is losing a ton as well. Oregon is probably losing Mariota which will be a big lose for that team. Bama will lose several and Ga. is losing some as well as some good coaches. I feel really good about our chances next year. we will be a little thin on Def. but like I said we should be much, much better. If that is the case when we score 40 next year that might be a blow out rather than a close win or lose.

Well from that perspective many would say we are losing alot as well and I would imagine they wouldn't expect us to be good as well

Well from that perspective many would say we are losing alot as well and I would imagine they wouldn't expect us to be good as well

I guess your right about that, losing all or almost all of your starting skill players on Off. does look pretty bad for us. Something tells me we are not going to surprise anyone though.

Archived