2015/16 Starter Prediction

AuCivilEng1

Lol I missed he said the incoming freshman had equal chance. And every qb in the history of the game has physical tools?? Don't think every qb is a legit 6'5" that had enough athleticism to be Mr b ball in the states highest classification and can throw a ball 70 yards and is accurate as well

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys must all owe JJ money. I've never seen a group of people so sure of a guy since my Aggie friends annointed Kenny Hill for the Heisman.

Try answering the question instead of looking like an idiot trying to act smug.

Explain to me how a Junior who has actually played in collegiate games (including SEC), who has been in the system longer, and who also is more physically ready to play ISN'T much more likely to start next season than a Redshirt Freshman who has never taken a snap?

Your direct words were that there is an "EQUAL" opportunity that White starts. It isn't even remotely "EQUAL".

You guys must all owe JJ money. I've never seen a group of people so sure of a guy since my Aggie friends annointed Kenny Hill for the Heisman.

Try answering the question instead of looking like an idiot trying to act smug.

Explain to me how a Junior who has actually played in collegiate games (including SEC), who has been in the system longer, and who also is more physically ready to play ISN'T much more likely to start next season than a Redshirt Freshman who has never taken a snap?

Your direct words were that there is an "EQUAL" opportunity that White starts. It isn't even remotely "EQUAL".

Hhmm, let's see, I thought the analogy was actually spot on. QB with 2 years of game experience, great resume, excelled in a 6-A program, a top 6-A program, in a state 7 times larger than Alabama, lost job to a true Freshman; even after a good showing against what proved to be a second Tier SEC team. But I guess if that is being smug to you; then guilty.

Well, in most programs, the Redshirt Freshman gets a chance to prove themselves like the upper classman in the Spring and early fall practice; and then even every practice after that if the other guy isn't getting the job done. Now, maybe Gus will not give White or the incoming guys snaps and an opportunity...I find that unlikely. I trust the coaching staff then to play the person that produces best...not an upper classman that had a good resume..but an upper classman who has shown he can produce numbers and maybe more importantly one that can lead the team. There are a lot of good upper-classmen QB's riding the pines while FR and SO play. And, the majority of those upper classmen were all stars in big programs in hi school. But hey, what do I know; I just cite real world examples and experience rather than react with irrational loyalty towards a 20 year old that hasn't earned it yet.

If JJ earns it; awesome...I will cheer him and gladly say you guys told me so....JJ is a physical specimen and he does have an outstanding resume. And, I'd prefer that the time and energy put into JJ not turn sour. But selecting QB's to lead a program like Auburn is like negotiating arms deals with the Russians....trust, but verify.

I think JJ has proven he can sling the ball with accuracy in real SEC games. Going into Spring, oh, it will be said that the job is open but that will only be to push JJ. Much in the same way that JJ's competition made Nick better, Sean's competition will make JJ better. We are in the perfect cycle now with a "chosen" backup getting a couple years in the program before it's time for him to take over. You can't have it much better than that at the QB position.

The one thing we won't have going into game 1 next year, will be a QB who has the experience of coming from behind, of winning games under pressure, of willing a team to victory and of successfully leading a team through an entire SEC season. That QB is leaving and nobody knows how any of the QBs on our roster will react to those circumstances. But one thing we do know is that rarely, if ever, are the reins turned over directly to a freshman to start the season. No, imho, this is JJ's team as soon as the clock runs out in the bowl game Thursday afternoon.

I don't think he watched the Arkansas game guys, just bare with him.

He definitely refuses to acknowledge it lol. IMO Kenny hill wasn't a good example at all he made. Kenny hill lost his job because he was suspended....

Depends of course on the 2014 signees, but here is my guess.

QB - Jeremy Johnson

RB - Jovon Robinson/ Roc Thomas

TE/HB - Kamyrn Pettway

WR - Duke Williams

WR - Ricardo Louis

WR - Marcus Davis

T - Austin Golson

G - Alex Kozan

C - X Dampier

G - Avery Young

T - Shon Coleman

DE - Carl Lawson

DT - Monte Adams

DT - Maurice Swain

DE - DeVonte Lambert

LB - Cassinova McKinzy

LB - Kris Frost

LB - Tre Williams

CB - Johnathan Jones

CB - Josh Holsey

S- Rudy Ford

S- Tray Mathews

PK- Daniel Carlson

P- Jimmy Hutchinson

He definitely refuses to acknowledge it lol. IMO Kenny hill wasn't a good example at all he made. Kenny hill lost his job because he was suspended....

Nah just about everybody except Sumlin admits at TAMU that Hill lost it before the suspension. Was just terrible.

i 100% think JJ is easily the starter. if white does win the job, hooray. we kinda know what JJ can do. if white beats him out then white is beyond awesome.

That's because JJ has already proven what type of QB he is where it counts, ON THE FIELD.

There is no guessing with JJ.

i 100% think JJ is easily the starter. if white does win the job, hooray. we kinda know what JJ can do. if white beats him out then white is beyond awesome.

If Johnson doesn't win the starter job he is probably transferring and he should, no fault against anyone.

But the competition is good for JJ

were you in fukushima a few years ago

Sorry Dude...Kenny lost the job; his reaction was to get DnD and then he got suspended.

Why haven't you said anything about the arky game though....there's like 5 posters who mentioned to you and you haven't replied to any.....

Okay, what do we think our record will be next year? (To get the taste of yesterday out of our mouths)

I think we will get 10 wins next year. Just a feeling. Maybe finish the season with a decent bowl at 11-2

Why does everyone think Carl Lawson was a huge contributor last year? He was nowhere near Dee Ford's level and shouldn't be mentioned in the same light. He had some very good plays but wasn't consistently causing problems for offenses like some would lead you to believe. He has the ability to be great, but I just don't think he's there yet. Plus he's coming off ACL surgery he might not even reach his pre-injury potential. Not knocking Lawson because, while we have seen flashes, we haven't seen enough to label him as the DL savior YET. He made a handful of impact plays as a true frosh but so did Gabe Wright and Jeff Whitaker and we felt good about them. He certainly has the ability but I personally need to see more before getting too excited.

I hope he makes me eat these words next season in the worst way!!

Why does everyone think Carl Lawson was a huge contributor last year? He was nowhere near Dee Ford's level and shouldn't be mentioned in the same light. He had some very good plays but wasn't consistently causing problems for offenses like some would lead you to believe. He has the ability to be great, but I just don't think he's there yet. Plus he's coming off ACL surgery he might not even reach his pre-injury potential. Not knocking Lawson because, while we have seen flashes, we haven't seen enough to label him as the DL savior YET. He made a handful of impact plays as a true frosh but so did Gabe Wright and Jeff Whitaker and we felt good about them. He certainly has the ability but I personally need to see more before getting too excited.

He will.

He will.

I hope so. It just seems like he would've had the Nkimdeche type of FR season to warrant this type of hype from AU fans IMO.

Archived