***12/16/14 Updates - Bowl Prep Continues***

RunInRed

Rhett Lashlee met the media tonight ...

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee: "Really good today, guys really flew around — the younger guys and the older guys. … We got the rust off."

Lashlee on Will Muschamp: "You can tell what he's doing. It's in everything he says."

Lashlee with a non-answer on Tulsa report: "I've been out recruiting every day. You saw everything out in the media. I haven't missed a day"

Lashlee says new RB Jovon Robinson scored a TD yesterday, was robbed by another when def. GA called him out when he wasn't.

Lashlee on loss of Jakell Mitchell: "The younger guys it's hit them at a different level than the older guys, … it was little better today."

Lashlee said the team has "experimented" with fr. RB Kamryn Pettway at H-back. Not a done deal though.

Lashlee credited freshman WR Myron Burton Jr. with his toughness: "I just like his attitude."

Lashlee on Duke Williams and his decision to turn pro: "He's not quite sure yet, … it hasn't been decided yet." Sammie Coates was more sure.

Lashlee says Dhaquille Williams missed practice today: "He's sick."

Lashlee on losing Jakell Mitchell: "It's been tough like it's been with every one. It's a 2 a.m. phone call you don't want to ever get."

Lashlee on who will replace Dismukes at center: "Coach Grimes & I are kind of bouncing some ideas. … Probably too early to give names."

@AUBlog

Looking to be a HC? Lashlee: "No, not looking. When teams or an offense have success, those things happen."

@bmarcello

Lashlee said "we're not going to take any chances" with injured offensive linemen Alex Kozan and Jordan Diamond in bowl practices.

Lashlee on WR Tony Stevens: "He's long and can run...he's got all that ability in the world."

@JFergusonAU

Jeremy Johnson “will have a leg up” in the QB race next spring, but Lashlee says Sean White will get his chances.

Lashlee says if a player’s a first or second-round pick, especially a first-round pick, they’d be crazy not to go.

@JoelAEricksonAU

Archived