Concern about our attitude for Outback Bowl

DivisionN

I was reading comments from Wisconsin about the bowl. Their players were expressing excitement and how much a win over Auburn would mean to their team. All I see from Auburn is a bunch of guys wanting to jump ship to the pros. I get the same feeling Apollo Creed's trainer got watching Rocky punch ribs in the meat house. Auburn seems to be a team concerned about everything except the game.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I seem to hear is about is the new intensity on defense. I would think that our guys will want to get a big win and go out in style, even those who may be leaning toward an early departure for the NFL. I'm glad we're playing early on the 1st. I'm looking for a great day of college football, starting with an impressive victory by AU, followed by a big win for Oregon and finished off by an upset win by Ohio State, GO BUCS.

The players concerned about their future is way more important than the deep fried banana bowl. Our guys will be fine. They will be focused

Well as usual the OP finds the one negative aspect to something and jumps all over it to question the attitude of the players. The reality is of course totally opposite to that ridiculous notion.

Lots of guys out there taking their first steps to earn starting slots next year....and the ones leaving have one more good chance to impress some NFL teams. I'm not worried about their intensity.

Now Avery Young checking out his draft stock as well. Let's stop being negative Nancy and understand that neither Gus or Will will allow that to happen under their watch. Give our players a little more credit than that.

It's not unusual for underclassmen to turn their name if for a draft evaluation. Just because they do doesn't mean they will leave early.

As Auburn fans, we have the right to be concerned if our guys are thinking about laving early more so than wining the final game of the year. There's nothing wrong with leaving early, but please stay focused on the Outback bowl.The other things will come in due time.

do students start looking for a job before graduation? do students stop working or caring about their education because they are exploring their options? these playerswill come to win on the 1st. WAR EAGLE

I don't have any worries about the guys who have asked for evaluation. All of those give 100% every play. The ones I worry about are on the DL. They have wallowed around all year and you want a reason why we are in Outback Bowl rather than the playoff look no further than that group of seniors on the DL. If RG will light a fire under the their behinds we beat the Badgers easily.

To op have you talked to one player? How bout a coach? Been around any practices to gauge the team accurately? Or are you butt hurt a player made a decision to pursue his dreams after getting a degree. A player that fought for you during good and bad times? Selfish guys like you are hilarious. If he came back and hurt himself and couldn't go to the nfl after bashing him from dropping a ball I guess he'd served his purpose in life after getting the proverbial message board pat on the back from you....

I was reading comments from Wisconsin about the bowl. Their players were expressing excitement and how much a win over Auburn would mean to their team. All I see from Auburn is a bunch of guys wanting to jump ship to the pros. I get the same feeling Apollo Creed's trainer got watching Rocky punch ribs in the meat house. Auburn seems to be a team concerned about everything except the game.

Try reading the daily updates. RIR has posted them right here for your ease and convenience. When you get these irrational worries, try falling back on actual information.

As Auburn fans, we have the right to be concerned if our guys are thinking about laving early more so than wining the final game of the year. There's nothing wrong with leaving early, but please stay focused on the Outback bowl.The other things will come in due time.

As Auburn fans we should be classy and intelligent enough to know we couldn't possibly know enough info to even question that. Also as a "family" if there was a question we would think the best of our players as opposed to looking like an idiot speaking negatively about our leaders and best players

I think you are way off of the mark. Every team has players that leave early for the NFL. I am sure Wisconsin has a few of their own. This team will be ready to play and will take it to the Badgers. This is Auburn football; mark by word, we will win this game in good fashion.

Wisky got punked 59-0 in their conf title game, and then lost their head coach.

A O.B. bowl victory over a former top 5 team in Auburn had better excite them.

I have no idea what our team's attitude is. I trust Gus will do what he can to get their attention, and Boom , coaching or not , won't be satisfied if his D just coasts through bowl prep and mails it in.

But we'll see.

I guess we'll just have to take solace in the fact that Melvin Gordon is also contemplating his NFL future, so obviously he won't be giving 100%, and without him Wisconsin doesn't really have a shot

The 2 or 3 JRs we have that are actual draft prospects are top round picks so naturally they are gonna care more about their future than the worthless who cares bowl. this game doesn't affect what they've done or been through in anyway

Archived