Concern about our attitude for Outback Bowl

DivisionN

I guess we'll just have to take solace in the fact that Melvin Gordon is also contemplating his NFL future, so obviously he won't be giving 100%, and without him Wisconsin doesn't really have a shot

Melving Gordon has already decided on the NFL. He made the decision early in the season. All his comments have been about beating Auburn.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do students start looking for a job before graduation? do students stop working or caring about their education because they are exploring their options? these playerswill come to win on the 1st. WAR EAGLE

if their career might only last 3-6 years they probably would.

do students start looking for a job before graduation? do students stop working or caring about their education because they are exploring their options? these playerswill come to win on the 1st. WAR EAGLE

if their career might only last 3-6 years they probably would.

Getting their job, generally requires them to keep working to finish their education. Does anyone seriously think these players don't care enough. It isn't like this is like what happened to Alabama last year after losing the IB. After the last half of this season, I believe these guys want to show that they are better than that. I think the defense wants to look good for WM. I know Nick is a competitor and will make every effort to do good and win that game.

I guess we'll just have to take solace in the fact that Melvin Gordon is also contemplating his NFL future, so obviously he won't be giving 100%, and without him Wisconsin doesn't really have a shot

Melving Gordon has already decided on the NFL. He made the decision early in the season. All his comments have been about beating Auburn.

Expect to see Gordon run out of bounds when AU defenders approach. His main goal will be to avoid injury so that his NFL career is not put in jeopardy. :)

Should be an easy AU victory

The title of this thread refers to "our attitude."

The fans I know are eager to see Auburn play well. And as for Auburn players and coaches, unless you are attending practices, you have no clue what their attitude is.

So as for "our attitude," speak for yourself and leave everyone else out of it.

Now I'm worried !

I have no problem with these guys looking at their evaluations and such. they have if memory serves a very short period of time to declare after the bowls. Also, some of these players may have family considerations that have to be taken into account. Just saying I can`t walk in their shoes but if they leave, thank them for what they have helped us achieve as a school and a team and wish them the best. The coaches will help them try to decide but at the end of the day, it is their decision. WDE and good luck to any who choose to leave.

Barrett Jones was asked this subject on WJOX a week or two ago... yep, the same kid who played for you know who.... and was on everyone's scholastic, all-academic, sportsman teams, (Wuerffel Trophy winner) and now in the NFL.

And he, 'Oh, yeah !!!'..... everyone wants to know where they stand. And it's not just for those few wanting to leave early or gauging prospective careers. He said in the report you get back a great deal of knowledge concerning your weaknesses and thing you need to work on... (ie, things you should address). And that he did as a junior (and suggested) it for the candid feed back.

How do you know?

Best way to get an early start on impressing the pro's is play well in your bowl game.

Finish strong or get passed over

or just have a great career

I guarantee you if Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota do completely terrible in their games, that they still won't fall below first round.

Not really worried about the bowl one way or another. Filling out D staff is much more important going forward. I do expect a better effort against Wisky than what we put on the field the last time we played them.

wde

Used to post here as AUIH1, but lost my password and could never get a new one for that username so I finally decided to just create another one.

Tebow and Spears addressed this type of questioning in regards to bowl games the other night.

Spears said it is true, those that are looking to go pro have one focus and that is not to get hurt. Thus in a game that doesn't mean much they will dial it down.

Tebow said in this type of game it comes down to leadership. Someone on the team has to take on a leadership role. Tebow also called out Finbaum on his alabama love which was pretty funny.

A lot of our guys are focused on the loss of a dear friend and teammate .

so true.

As they should, but this is no excuse for a poor performance. Wisconsin's last opponent was dealing with the same thing and look what happened.

A lot of our guys are focused on the loss of a dear friend and teammate .

so true.

As they should, but this is no excuse for a poor performance. Wisconsin's last opponent was dealing with the same thing and look what happened.

I would think the opposite would be the case. I believe they will come out and play well. I have yet to figure out why some among us think they won't.

Guys, having concern about our focus is not a predictor that the team will not play well. But we did see what happened to Bama last year. Each year we have a problem with so many of our guys wanting to jump to the pros early. If we have a BIG bowl game, focus is not a problem but I just have not seen that kind of focus for playing Wisconsin. That being said, Auburn is a lot better team than Wisconsin and Gus usually has the guys ready to go. Hoping the defensive guys will show out for Will.

Archived