Concern about our attitude for Outback Bowl

DivisionN

I think a part in Alabama's downfall was national championship complacency and lack of leadership. Whether we as the majority would like to admit it or not, Alabama under Saban is used to the big stage. Is that an excuse for losing? no. Could it have been a factor for coming out extremely flat outside of that first drive. yes. Same for Auburn against UGA, once they thought they didn't have nothing to play for, they played like it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With bowl games you never know just ask Nickie Saban from last year.

True but this team, I think, has something to prove. It isn't like we were headed for the playoff and now our season just went down the drain. I hope I am reading this right

I just have not seen that kind of focus for playing Wisconsin.

I'm assuming you have been to their bowl practices. Could you breakdown, where the lack of focus is coming from? Would you say it is a lack of mental focus during drills by the players or more so how the coaches are conducting practices? How do the RS freshman look in practice?

I just have not seen that kind of focus for playing Wisconsin.

I'm assuming you have been to their bowl practices. Could you breakdown, where the lack of focus is coming from? Would you say it is a lack of mental focus during drills by the players or more so how the coaches are conducting practices? How do the RS freshman look in practice?

*crickets*

Guys, having concern about our focus is not a predictor that the team will not play well. But we did see what happened to Bama last year. Each year we have a problem with so many of our guys wanting to jump to the pros early. If we have a BIG bowl game, focus is not a problem but I just have not seen that kind of focus for playing Wisconsin. That being said, Auburn is a lot better team than Wisconsin and Gus usually has the guys ready to go. Hoping the defensive guys will show out for Will.

How many practices have you attended? How many team meetings have you been involved in? How many coaches meetings for bowl preparation have you been included on? ANSWER: ZERO. NADA, NOT ONE. You base this on NOTHING but your constantly negative outlook to everything. You know absolutely NOTHING about the mindset or preparation of this team for the bowl game. NOTHING.

Meanwhile, in the real world, article after article has pointed out the increased intensity in practice. The increased focus and desire to prepare and get better has been reported several times. You are just choosing to ignore anything positive and create a negative fantasy in your head.

This team will be focused and will take it to the cheese crackers. I say after we win the outback Bowl, lets go eat dinner at the nearest Outback in our Auburn gear. This will show support to the team and the company that is making this bowl game possible. This is a great bowl that will be a lot of fun for our brothers and sisters who make the trip to Tampa and the rest of us siting in front of the 65" big screen.

I think a part in Alabama's downfall was national championship complacency and lack of leadership. Whether we as the majority would like to admit it or not, Alabama under Saban is used to the big stage. Is that an excuse for losing? no. Could it have been a factor for coming out extremely flat outside of that first drive. yes. Same for Auburn against UGA, once they thought they didn't have nothing to play for, they played like it.

That's very true and the old saying comes to mind, don't let one game beat you twice. They still had everything to play for in that TAMU game and when they fumbled it away at the end it was a major letdown. Even though they tried, they couldn't put it behind them and it became a self inflicted wound. There would have been a different Auburn team taking the field against Georgia if there had been a differnent ending to the TAMU game. But, it is what it is, you learn from both games and move on.

This team will be focused and will take it to the cheese crackers. I say after we win the outback Bowl, lets go eat dinner at the nearest Outback in our Auburn gear. This will show support to the team and the company that is making this bowl game possible. This is a great bowl that will be a lot of fun for our brothers and sisters who make the trip to Tampa and the rest of us siting in front of the 65" big screen.

Auburn's team is made of manly men who will slay the invading horde of Wisconsin cheese heads and send them back to the frozen tundra of the North with their tails between their legs.

:wareagle:

Auburn's team is made of manly men who will slay the invading horde of Wisconsin cheese heads and send them back to the frozen tundra of the North with their tails between their legs.

:wareagle:

I hope so. The alternative is that Wisky gashes us for 500 yards between the tackles and the best part of the trip is the free breakfast at the hotel! :)

:wareagle:/>

I hope so. The alternative is that Wisky gashes us for 500 yards between the tackles and the best part of the trip is the free breakfast at the hotel! :)/>

Outside the game against the leg humpers, we've done well against the run. They haven't much in the way of a passing attack. That should help considerably.

I hope so. The alternative is that Wisky gashes us for 500 yards between the tackles and the best part of the trip is the free breakfast at the hotel! :)/>

Shame on AU if we don't win this game.

Not only does Wisky have a substitute coach, their assistants are out of jobs at the end of the month

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin-assistants-reapply-jobs-012429837--ncaaf.html

Not only does Wisky have a substitute coach, their assistants are out of jobs at the end of the month

http://sports.yahoo....837--ncaaf.html

True, but, hopefully; the same could be said in terms of assistants as our D staff.

wde

True, but, hopefully; the same could be said in terms of assistants as our D staff.

wde

They are all auditioning for next year, hoping to impress someone enough to hire them. It could be some or even all of them hope WM will want to retain them.

wde

They are all auditioning for next year, hoping to impress someone enough to hire them. It could be some or even all of them hope WM will want to retain them.

Why would want Muschamp to retain them on a simple business/production level?

wde

wde

Why would want Muschamp to retain them on a simple business level?

wde

I didn't say he would. I am simply stating that they might be trying to show him that they are worth keeping. At the very minimum they are auditioning for other coaches around the country. The Wisconsin assistant coaches will be doing the same. I suspect some of them will join Anderson at Oregon State.

wde

wde

I didn't say he would. I am simply stating that they might be trying to show him that they are worth keeping. At the very minimum they are auditioning for other coaches around the country.

10-4. I follow your line of thinking. IMO, it is far too little, too late in terms of the existing D staff remaining on the D staff regardless of the bowl performance.

wde

I guess we'll just have to take solace in the fact that Melvin Gordon is also contemplating his NFL future, so obviously he won't be giving 100%, and without him Wisconsin doesn't really have a shot

Melving Gordon has already decided on the NFL. He made the decision early in the season. All his comments have been about beating Auburn.

"Early in the year" = December 10.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441678/article/wisconsins-melvin-gordon-will-bypass-senior-season-turn-pro

Nice try though.

Yeah, I heard the coaches and some players have been nightly regulars at a Columbus strip club. They just laugh when the dancers ask about the Outback Bowl. No one has seen most of the players since last week. I hope someone shows up for the game. But all they want is the gift bag.

I wonder how many bammers have set up accounts on the badger sites? I guess they are badgemmers.

wde

wde

I didn't say he would. I am simply stating that they might be trying to show him that they are worth keeping. At the very minimum they are auditioning for other coaches around the country. The Wisconsin assistant coaches will be doing the same. I suspect some of them will join Anderson at Oregon State.

What is the longest ongoing quote ever for this site?

Archived