Visitors for 1/16 weekend

War Eagle77

Regardless of who commits and who doesn't, don't we have to give this staff a ton of credit for even getting a group like this on campus? "Doesn't matter til NSD." There. I said it already, for those who wish to regurgitate it. We all know how a fax machine works. I'm looking for slightly deeper analysis.

I mean, if this guest list actually shows up, would this a historic weekend for Auburn recruiting? Even compared to the BCWs, this seems like something really special. According to 247, that list includes 2 of the top 5 players in the country, 5 of the top 25 and 6 of the top 50.

IMO it doesn't really matter unless we get a couple of those players to sign. They've done a good job being in it with players, but we need to finish on some.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of who commits and who doesn't, don't we have to give this staff a ton of credit for even getting a group like this on campus? "Doesn't matter til NSD." There. I said it already, for those who wish to regurgitate it. We all know how a fax machine works. I'm looking for slightly deeper analysis.

I mean, if this guest list actually shows up, would this a historic weekend for Auburn recruiting? Even compared to the BCWs, this seems like something really special. According to 247, that list includes 2 of the top 5 players in the country, 5 of the top 25 and 6 of the top 50.

IMO it doesn't really matter unless we get a couple of those players to sign. They've done a good job being in it with players, but we need to finish on some.

wow...I guess there really is always one.

Make it two. If some don't sign with us, it's wasted money. Could have just as well sent the staff on a fishing trip to Gulf Shores. We've been "in on" a ton of top players over the past three recruiting cycles but there have been more misses than hits. Doesn't mean squat unless we sign some of them.

Make it two. If some don't sign with us, it's wasted money. Could have just as well sent the staff on a fishing trip to Gulf Shores. We've been "in on" a ton of top players over the past three recruiting cycles but there have been more misses than hits. Doesn't mean squat unless we sign some of them.

Agreed. That being said, when the new staff is in place, I believe that we will get the two to three players this time. I am very confident in Holland and have a good feeling about Cowart.

I feel like the best way to judge this staff's recruiting ability is to look at what we do next year. We will have relationships established as long as other programs with the players coming up then and that's a big deal.

In other news... how about Chavis? I don't know how many battles we're in with LSU/TAMU but does this hurt us or help us more?

It blows me away that the same people that say it's a waste of time to have these guys in if we don't get any of them are the same people that say we are short on talent. Wouldn't the best way to get better talent in be to have as many great players on campus for a weekend like this as possible. It would seem if you don't recruit them then you can't sign them. I don't understand how someone could expect us to get good players if we don't get them in and recruit them. This attitude of if they are not 100% for us then there isn't any use in trying is really getting old. I would really like to hear what the plan is if we don't try to get these guys. Either way you can't complain about not getting these guys if you are not willing to try to get them.

It blows me away that the same people that say it's a waste of time to have these guys in if we don't get any of them are the same people that say we are short on talent. Wouldn't the best way to get better talent in be to have as many great players on campus for a weekend like this as possible. It would seem if you don't recruit them then you can't sign them. I don't understand how someone could expect us to get good players if we don't get them in and recruit them. This attitude of if they are not 100% for us then there isn't any use in trying is really getting old. I would really like to hear what the plan is if we don't try to get these guys. Either way you can't complain about not getting these guys if you are not willing to try to get them.

I think the statement made was if we don't sign some of them it would be a waste of time. Nobody commented on getting none of them and nobody expects to sign all of them. The main discussion about waste of time has been over long-time bammer lock D. Payne and that's in the thread under his name.

I would hope AU will now rescind Payne's invitation. No need to waste time or even more, risk having a negative influence who wull be recruiting for Bama. Of this entire list, we appear to have our best chance at landing Cowart, Holland, and Burt. But even those are long shots. Sorry to beat a dead horse but how many wiffs does RG have now? Until we start winning some recruiting battles, we will not be able to win the SEC. A year from play for the national championship and three yrs from winning it, AU is way behind the competition for players. We can continue to accept it because we are a nice fan base but I'm a little tired of the "we will be just fine" mentality.

I would hope AU will now rescind Payne's invitation. No need to waste time or even more, risk having a negative influence who wull be recruiting for Bama. Of this entire list, we appear to have our best chance at landing Cowart, Holland, and Burt. But even those are long shots. Sorry to beat a dead horse but how many wiffs does RG have now? Until we start winning some recruiting battles, we will not be able to win the SEC. A year from play for the national championship and three yrs from winning it, AU is way behind the competition for players. We can continue to accept it because we are a nice fan base but I'm a little tired of the "we will be just fine" mentality.

I feel the same We have top 10 classes but can't consistently get elite players at positions of need (DL & DB).

We have a great shot at landing Cowart, Holland, Burt and Ivey. It will all depend on how the weekend of 1/16 goes. I will say this, our coach need to cancel Payne's visit for that weekend. He doesn't need to take an official visit to us anymore now that he committed to the turds.

At the end of the game Cowart stated his Fla n Fla St visits and said he was trying to squeeze a visit in to Auburn. He's listed as a Jan 16th visitor but it just sounded like we r 3rd in a 3 team race. Muschamp will definitely earn his money if he pulls him in. Right now my money would be on Fla St.

At the end of the game Cowart stated his Fla n Fla St visits and said he was trying to squeeze a visit in to Auburn. He's listed as a Jan 16th visitor but it just sounded like we r 3rd in a 3 team race. Muschamp will definitely earn his money if he pulls him in. Right now my money would be on Fla St.

He is scheduled and supposedly confirmed for 1/16. I was a little surprised by his comment. I feel sure he will be there. And I know the coaches will be camping on his front porch once the dead period is over.

Did anyone else hear Terry Beckner Jr. say he would visit either Auburn or Oregon on the 16th?

Yeah, that was kind of a surprise. Bring him on in.

So is the list at the beginning still correct? Also, are we getting Tez to visit?

To my knowledge Tez is not visiting but that could change. I know CC is in his ear to come see him.

I guess Payne and Johnson will not show up on the 16th?

Johnson is done with the OVs. Payne might.

If Payne visits on the 16th, Dismukes needs to keep an eye on him.

I guess Payne and Johnson will not show up on the 16th?

Johnson is done with the OVs. Payne might.

If Payne visits on the 16th, Dismukes needs to keep an eye on him.

I'm not even sure why we would want him around those particular recruits on that day, do you ?

Archived