Visitors for 1/16 weekend

War Eagle77

According to 247, Payne and Johnson won't be visiting the weekend of the 16th. Payne is visiting Bama, and Johnson OK State. Hope we can get Ivey in for a visit that weekend.

So we replaced a 6'1 190 5* WR we didn't have a chance to sign with a 6'4 190 5* WR we probably don't have a chance to sign. I'm okay with that.

It's a shame about Payne. But if his heart's set, then it's set. Would love to hear of another big time DT sliding into his spot.

he may prove me wrong, but I doubt it, but I think payne will have his day on signing day and that will be his claim to fame......I have seen him play twice and I am unimpressed.....he's lazy, undisciplined, and will turn into a very disappointing 5* bust.....give me a kid wiwth some "want to" like the gentry kid over someone like payne, any, and every day

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to 247, Payne and Johnson won't be visiting the weekend of the 16th. Payne is visiting Bama, and Johnson OK State. Hope we can get Ivey in for a visit that weekend.

So we replaced a 6'1 190 5* WR we didn't have a chance to sign with a 6'4 190 5* WR we probably don't have a chance to sign. I'm okay with that.

It's a shame about Payne. But if his heart's set, then it's set. Would love to hear of another big time DT sliding into his spot.

he may prove me wrong, but I doubt it, but I think payne will have his day on signing day and that will be his claim to fame......I have seen him play twice and I am unimpressed.....he's lazy, undisciplined, and will turn into a very disappointing 5* bust.....give me a kid wiwth some "want to" like the gentry kid over someone like payne, any, and every day

You may be right but Saban & Cristobol told Payne mid way through the season he needed to lose weight. He has now lost 25 lbs since then and has improved his quickness & motion. His problem is weight and if he keeps it down he can be a force.

You may be right but Saban & Cristobol told Payne mid way through the season he needed to lose weight. He has now lost 25 lbs since then and has improved his quickness & motion. His problem is weight and if he keeps it down he can be a force.

I don't believe for a second that he has lost 25 pounds since October. Rivals had him listed at 335 pounds on their profile. The Under Armour folks who weighed and measured last week had him listed at 348 pounds. I've watched him play several times this season. He has not lost any weight.

who is the 6'4 190 5* you're referring to? I'm a bit out of the loop

who is the 6'4 190 5* you're referring to? I'm a bit out of the loop

Preston Williams. He is currently committed to the Vols.

Make it two. If some don't sign with us, it's wasted money. Could have just as well sent the staff on a fishing trip to Gulf Shores. We've been "in on" a ton of top players over the past three recruiting cycles but there have been more misses than hits. Doesn't mean squat unless we sign some of them.

So.... :) when did getting the pretty girl to go on a first date.... stop being part of the plan ?

When she goes on national TV and says she's going to the dance with somebody else and all of her friends tell you that yes, she does really mean it.

Huh. Didn't realize all of the visitors that weekend were already committed elsewhere.

The subject of the moment was D. Payne. Try to keep up, please.

No, it wasn't. Sigh. All you have to do is look at the brief, highlighted parts of the conversation, Mikey. Damn. The malleable nature your arguing has taken on is a bummer. The smugness and attempts at insult on top of being mistaken are embarrassing.

Oh yes Payne was the subject of the moment. Payne was mentioned or alluded or his name was quoted in posts numbered 84,85,86,87,88,89,91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99 and 100. FHeal's post that I responded to was post number 101. You yourself discussed Payne in several of those posts.

You tried to highlight a few comments and make it look like Payne was not the subject but that didn't succeed. The next time you make an effort at being disingenuous you should work harder. Did you really think people wouldn't go back and read prior posts?

^^^ Actually ^^^^ (not that ancient history matters....)

... by date-stamp this referenced way back to post 45. Where the current flavor of that moment was not Payne. but rather guessing who TT was. And the satirical questioning was more about the red lines.. . Make it two. If some don't sign with us, it's wasted money. .... Doesn't mean squat unless we sign some of them.... which was talking about more than one guy,

it originally went...

Regardless of who commits and who doesn't, don't we have to give this staff a ton of credit for even getting a group like this on campus? "Doesn't matter til NSD." There. I said it already, for those who wish to regurgitate it. We all know how a fax machine works. I'm looking for slightly deeper analysis.

I mean, if this guest list actually shows up, would this a historic weekend for Auburn recruiting? Even compared to the BCWs, this seems like something really special. According to 247, that list includes 2 of the top 5 players in the country, 5 of the top 25 and 6 of the top 50.

IMO it doesn't really matter unless we get a couple of those players to sign. They've done a good job being in it with players, but we need to finish on some.

wow...I guess there really is always one.

Make it two. If some don't sign with us, it's wasted money. Could have just as well sent the staff on a fishing trip to Gulf Shores. We've been "in on" a ton of top players over the past three recruiting cycles but there have been more misses than hits. Doesn't mean squat unless we sign some of them.

So.... :) when did getting the pretty girl to go on a first date.... stop being part of the plan ?

and you nicely (and unusual for most people this week) responded with a rather logical

When she goes on national TV and says she's going to the dance with somebody else and all of her friends tell you that yes, she does really mean it.

So let me rephrase....In order to get what you want (and assuming it's not a one night stand) does it matter were it all began? I'm mean once it's hand in hand, does it really matter when that first little moment was? Does it matter if it was the prom or some lesser dance from three weeks before? We just care that she saw our moves were better.... than the clown with whom she first hoped to score.

I'm just glad to see so many are going to take a good look.... AND.... just maybe it's good not to be the very last week, as it'll give everyone a chance to do a little courting before the license is signed.

You tried to highlight a few comments and make it look like Payne was not the subject but that didn't succeed. The next time you make an effort at being disingenuous you should work harder. Did you really think people wouldn't go back and read prior posts?

Lord, no, I didn't. Thankfully somebody did, though. Just to reiterate:

I didn't highlight anything, Mikey. I'm often wrong, and I admit it when I am. This is not one of those times.

In the Atkinson thread, it was reported that he is also visiting that weekend. Do we have any confirmation of that? Knowledgeable folks- Mikey included- have said that he's important, so if he's unsure, I hope he'll be there and get the reassurance he needs to keep his commitment. "We have a bunch of 5*s and you here, Montavious" seems like a pretty good sales pitch.

Please added on the list.

AU targets:

WR Ryan Davis

LB Jeffrey Holland

CB Javarius Davis

AU commits:

RB Kerryon Johnson

ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

TE Jalen Harris

OG Marquel Harrell

DT Jauntavius Johnson

LB Darrell Williams

LB Richard McBryde

LB Montavious Atkinson

LB Elijah Sullivan

CB Chris Westry

S Jordan Colbert

P Ian Shannon

7 EEs (Queen, Smith, Robinson, Cox, Carr, Sharp and Swain) will be there as well.

Not sure about OC Kaleb Kim but will get back with that.

Please added on the list.

AU targets:

WR Ryan Davis

DT Kendrick Norton

LB Jeffrey Holland

CB Javarius Davis

AU commits:

RB Kerryon Johnson

ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

TE Jalen Harris

OG Marquel Harrell

DT Jauntavius Johnson

LB Darrell Williams

LB Richard McBryde

LB Montavious Atkinson

LB Elijah Sullivan

CB Chris Westry

S Jordan Colbert

P Ian Shannon

7 EEs (Queen, Smith, Robinson, Cox, Carr, Sharp and Swain) will be there as well.

Not sure about OC Kaleb Kim but will get back with that.

This is what I've been hoping to see. Thanks much for passing along.

ATH Torrance Gibson might visit AU on 16th. We'll see.

wow

Hmm.. wouldn't have expected that one. My only thought is maybe there is a T-Rob connection? I know he's wanting to play QB or WR but maybe there's a Miami are connection or something. Just spitballing here.

wow

Hmm.. wouldn't have expected that one. My only thought is maybe there is a T-Rob connection? I know he's wanting to play QB or WR but maybe there's a Miami are connection or something. Just spitballing here.

I'm all for it. He's a big time talent. I'd love it if he landed on the roster.

He's got an OV scheduled for LSU, also. That miiiiiiiight suggest that he is open to playing WR.

wow

I'm all for it. He's a big time talent. I'd love it if he landed on the roster.

He's got an OV scheduled for LSU, also. That miiiiiiiight suggest that he is open to playing WR.

Yeah, he's always been one of my favorites. If we really like him at WR, I don't see why offering him a shot at QB should be a deal breaker for us. Worst case scenario he doesn't win the job and moves to WR anyway.

Is Arden Key visiting the 16th or 30th? An al.com article on Arden Key stated he is taking an OV to Auburn on 1/30 with Byron Cowart. Does this mean Cowart is visiting both 1/16 and 1/30?

Is Arden Key visiting the 16th or 30th? An al.com article on Arden Key stated he is taking an OV to Auburn on 1/30 with Byron Cowart. Does this mean Cowart is visiting both 1/16 and 1/30?

Yes that's what it seems like. I wouldn't put anything into that just yet. While I feel good about Cowart to AU, I won't say anything until he visits on the 16th.

Yes that's what it seems like. I wouldn't put anything into that just yet. While I feel good about Cowart to AU, I won't say anything until he visits on the 16th.

Cowart was going to take an UOV to AU on the 30th with Key taking his OV.

Cowart was going to take an UOV to AU on the 30th with Key taking his OV.

247 says that he's visiting FSU that weekend.

Archived