Men vs. Xavier - Post-game thread

InfernoOrangeSS

I think this was a program defining win! We played the toughest team that we've played all year, and Bruce finally got this team to fight back and close it out down the stretch.

We still have plenty of things that we need to work on. But if we can continue to attack the basket instead of settling for 3's and get better from the free throw line, then we're going to be a very dangerous team!

You are right. Once Cim fouled out I just knew we were going to lose by 3 or 4 in the second OT. Canada and Reed stepped up big, however, and I think we hit a turning point tonight.

This is what's it going to be as Pearl gets the team to establish consistency and teach them how to win. It will be ups and downs. We should remember these are the same players when they struggle as well.

Oh wow the hustle, the will, and yes finally the teamwork. Bruce had them in this spot to win several times, this time they BELIEVED they could win. I think the crowd gave them that courage to try. Awesome game some of the best basketball played in a while. I agree lots to work on, but the freshman will be special, he has been with the team a week. I think that will be the signature win for Bruce turning this program around and helping open recruits eyes to the fact that he still has it.

Crowd was definitely the loudest I've heard in awhile...the DJ is a nice touch that really keeps the noise coming.

Canada played well but Reed was huge even making a few much needed free throws.

I noticed Pearl went with basically 4 guards most of the second half and that may have been the difference as it forced Xavier to keep their bigs on the bench and allowed us to consistently drive to the hole. Great adjustment!

Great game and even better win............................oh and the crowd was great tonight

Wait till the students return.

It was very cool the team went to the main entry and did selfies and poses with the kids. Parents loved it and added tons of unselfish Auburn Family PR for the team. Pearl knows how to market, oh yeah, and he coached a bit too.

By the way, went to St X's boards for kicks - whoa! Bama scale melt down.

I saw the game on the SEC network last night. Got to admit, SECN is nice for football, but will be a real boon for basketball, baseball and other sports that have lots of games during the week.

I saw the game on the SEC network last night. Got to admit, SECN is nice for football, but will be a real boon for basketball, baseball and other sports that have lots of games during the week.

You gotta think that is big for SEC teams in recruiting against ACC, Big 12, and other schools outside the SEC and Big 10.

If it's a Duke or UNC they know they will be on TV regardless. But if choosing between say, AU or GT, you gotta think the additional TV games could sway some recruits our way.

Archived