Questions for cole256

Proud Tiger

cole256...... I could have asked this in a couple of other threads but they had become too long. Two questions:

1. Do you think racial feelings between blacks and whites has taken a turn for the worse in the last few months?

2. If you answer yes, why do you feel that way and who/what do you think has caused it?

I can only speak for what I seen and myself, as far as my personal relationships no. But I fear for my safety more than I ever have from policemen. Don't trust being pulled over by them. Don't trust them walking behind me.

Now just judging from this board no I don't think some of you feel like a black person's life is as important as a white persons. But that's from reading these threads

I can only speak for what I seen and myself, as far as my personal relationships no. But I fear for my safety more than I ever have from policemen. Don't trust being pulled over by them. Don't trust them walking behind me.

Now just judging from this board no I don't think some of you feel like a black person's life is as important as a white persons. But that's from reading these threads

If you don't mind, please ponder another question. Do you think the Brown and/or Garner incidents were racially motivated crimes?

I truly hate you feel as you do. An innocent man should never fear police. I know I don't but, I'm not black.

With regards to this forum, I've seen crude remarks. I don't think the intent was racist in nature, but rather disgust for the manner in which these two high profile cases have been handled.

I don't think they were hate crimes just looking for a black person to mistreat but as far as garner I don't think he'd been the same way if he was a different race and different size. My main thing about him was he didn't swing or show any aggression with those cops. I think they could have talked to him more and handheld it different and even if that's not the case that guy that waved at the camera kept that choke hold on him when he was done. He had given up. So what's the point of the choke hold when you have three guys backing you up the guy is on his side and his hands are stretched out? He wasn't trying to get back up. And if I was an officer I'd be devastated any time somebody lost their life, especially a situation like that but smile and wave at the camera? That's just wrong IMO

And well I'm not really too political, I'm not educated enough about it and I'm ashamed as I know it's time I should be, but I don't understand why it's so this side of the fence or the other side. It's like every conservative on here can't say the police could have handled this situation a little better

I don't think they were hate crimes just looking for a black person to mistreat but as far as garner I don't think he'd been the same way if he was a different race and different size. My main thing about him was he didn't swing or show any aggression with those cops. I think they could have talked to him more and handheld it different and even if that's not the case that guy that waved at the camera kept that choke hold on him when he was done. He had given up. So what's the point of the choke hold when you have three guys backing you up the guy is on his side and his hands are stretched out? He wasn't trying to get back up. And if I was an officer I'd be devastated any time somebody lost their life, especially a situation like that but smile and wave at the camera? That's just wrong IMO

I agree with the bulk of your post. On the last point, I don't. Had he known Garner was dead, I suspect he'd shown remorse. One would hope anyway.

And well I'm not really too political, I'm not educated enough about it and I'm ashamed as I know it's time I should be, but I don't understand why it's so this side of the fence or the other side. It's like every conservative on here can't say the police could have handled this situation a little better

Don't be ashamed to come on here and learn. I appreciate your civil conversation. That is commendable.

If you'll go to the initial thread on the Garner incident, I think you'll find most conservatives and liberals alike found some fault with how the whole thing transpired.

Got to hit the sack dude. Enjoyed the conversation and hope we can share more.

If I may chime in just on the original question asked to you.

I am white but work with mainly black men and woman.

This is what I have seen.

#1 The people (blacks and whites) that don't have hatred based racial views see thru different microscopes on these cases which causes the initial disagreement. You have blacks and whites for the officers and vice versa. The disagreements are between what should have and what should have not happened. This may sound funny but it actually brought some people closer. They listened (sometimes loudly and with fingers) to each others points which only allowed the opposite to see life thru the others eyes. Everyone is formed by our environment in one way or another and any person that does not live with hate or fear(ignorance) can see past this.

#2 Now to another group (blacks and whites). These were just looking for anything to show off their true colors. I want go into details but you can take two skunks paint one purple and one green. The first loud noise and they both still smell the same.

#3 Then you have the third group that is hard to figure out. I know that I will not do this justice in explaining but I will try. There are some whites that seemed to side with the victims just because they were black and it came off sort of like a pity stance on black men. Then you had the black people that were siding with officers because they perceived this was only about race. They just wanted to stand against "being black"(for whatever that's worth).

Then you're not reading very carefully, or seeing what's actually being said . I can't put it any more plain as that. Nor do I know what I'm suppose to do to some how ensure YOUR importance.

The issues aren't a matter of race, what so ever. It's about deeds and actions. Punching an officer and trying to take his gun isn't a 'black ' thing. Telling a cop, forcefully that you'll not be arrested, even as you're standing there selling illegal merchandise, tell me, how the hell is that " racial " in nature ?

I didn't just speak to one incident, so don't try to use that as some sort of excuse.

Ill perceived and misplaced feelings of fear based on a false understanding of whats taking place .. i don't know how anyone else is suppose to deal w/ that except you.

With the killing of the Hispanic man and Asian man, now race relations are going to get worse across the board.

Naw. They were WHITE Hispanic & Asian .

Then you're not reading very carefully, or seeing what's actually being said . I can't put it any planer than that. Nor do I know what I'm suppose to do to some how ensure YOUR importance.

The issues aren't a matter of race, what so ever. It's about deeds and actions. Punching an officer and trying to take his gun isn't a 'black ' thing. Telling a cop, forcefully that you'll not be arrested, even as you're standing there selling illegal merchandise, tell me, how the hell is that " racial " in nature ?

I didn't just speak to one incident, so don't try to use that as some sort of excuse.

Ill perceived and misplaced feelings of fear based on a false understanding of whats taking place .. i don't know how anyone else is suppose to deal w/ that except you.

You could be driving in your car and pulled over for let's say texting on your phone, when you're pulled over you go through protocol with license and insurance or whatnot, let's say the officer ask you to get out of the car and you ask what's the problem? I do not feel like he should drag you out of your car throw you on the ground and place his knee on the back of your knock, and depending on your health this could prove to be more detrimental to your physical state. I would agree that when he told you to get out of the car you should have done so but that doesn't mean the officer had to handle it that way. You can see in the video the man was not a threat, also you can see once multiple officers came he was scared. Lastly you can see the guy kept applying that choke hold long after he was subdued. Yeah if he had laid on the concrete and lost a little of his pride he may be alive. But to me it's so cold hearted to say he'd be alive if he had not tired to plead his case of being arrested for a disturbance he wasn't part of (they didn't come arresting him for cigarettes of course the media had to report something wrong he was doing)

Cops acting thuggishly ? I'll listen to that pov.

Saying it was BECAUSE of a persons skin color , in the examples listed above? Sorry, you'll lose me unless you can show me more.

Funny how everyone on this particular board I talk to have been convos I'd say somewhat diplomatic and we all haven't agreed yet your tone is combative and sarcastic.

And further more my experience with policemen in the cities of Florence, Madison, Cullman, Chattanooga, Alexander City, and Montgomery leads to my overall trust of policemen. Then seeing some black guys get murdered and every excuse is made as to why it's not a race problem makes me feel like I can be murdered by a policeman and there would be a group just as sure as day make it right.

But on the other hand it was my experience at Auburn and my meeting my eventual room mates that gives me hope with people as well. They were cool and why they could be a holes (lol) their parents (both roommates) opened my heart to trust people because they were the sweetest people in the world to me when they definitely didn't have to be. And I saw how my mom just instantly clicked with them and they act as if they knew each other from the first time they met and I just knew that's how it's supposed to be.

Saying it was BECAUSE of a persons skin color , in the examples listed above? Sorry, you'll lose me unless you can show me more.

Here's the interesting and great thing about your point of view, NOTHING is ever because of skin color, because NOTHING can ever be proven to be because of skin color unless it's said so by that person. So in your world I could get followed around a store because someone could feel I may steal and they are doing their job. I could get pulled over for a tag light but end up in the back of a car, and that can be protocol. I can go in a local restaurant and they come out ready to take an order see it's me and say they're closing 40 minutes early. It's their business their right I guess. If I'm being mistreated you naturally don't believe me and it's up t to me to prove.....But if a person is smart it really can go on and not be proven.

Then the worse thing is if I see the problem and try to express it I'm a race baiter....

You think they handle a white lady the same way?

You think they handle a white lady the same way?

Never seen the tv show ' cops ' ? Ever seen a vocal, uncooperative white lady get taken down by cops? I have. Happens plenty, if the person ignores the cop, yells, is confrontational .

Yeah I seen a couple of episodes of the show, I've never seen a white lady taken down though. I've also seen video of a white lady (sticking up for a black man who works for her) come get the black man as police question him tell the police to leave him alone and tell them to go away they don't need them to corrupt their peaceful neighborhood.....And the police let her walk away with the man

Once again I see you really don't want to try to enlighten one another you want to try to be very sarcastic. I could do the same but what would that prove.....But I doubt anybody would agree to being aggressive and throwing the lady down and cuffing her and if she had a heart attack oh well

cole256....good morning. I went to bed soon after asking you the questions to start this thread so I have just finished reading the thread. Thanks for giving honest answers abut your feelings. Although I don't agree with a lot of what you say, it helps me to calibrate where you are coming from. We say things here we wouldn't likely say to each other face to face, at least not in the same tone so keep that in mind as you judge posters here. When I was still with NASA here in Huntsville I helped start a predominantly black, minority owned company. The owner just wanted a small company of about 10 people. Today the successor company has locations across the country and nearly 900 employees, mostly black. When I retired from NASA, I went to work with them for a few years. It was a great experience. The owner was a guy you might have heard of.........John Stallworth who has three Super Bowl rings with the Pittsburgh Steelers. John is a super guy and will always be a friend. My point in all this is to say I am not a racist but on the contrary I do despise the like of Al Sharpton and the hate he spews. No doubt in my mind he has set race relations back 20 years in the last month. JMHO.

Got to run now. Back later.

I say I'll give you that cops can escalate to physical answers too often, but when I point to facts that SHOW it's not race based, you'll have nothing of it. I find that to be telling.

I'm not to fond of him myself and I was thinking about trying to work for NASA. Just received my degree in nuclear engineering not too long ago. I don't think or at least want to think anybody is racist on here just hate the if he had listened he wouldn't be dead thinking. I could understand if he hadn't attacked them train of thought but it just seem so oh well about this man's life.....

But good morning to you as well and have a good day my man. I just happen to be in Madison myself!

I say I'll give you that cops can escalate to physical answers too often, but when I point to facts that SHOW it's not race based, you'll have nothing of it. I find that to be telling.

Well I must have missed it because I felt you were coming off trying to make me seen unintelligent I'm open though what do you feel are facts that show? Because I'll be honest I want to believe in the heart of a man not the other way around. I'm hoping there is some logic to this man's death

Archived