CUBA: The Helms-Burton Act

Elephant Tipper

Funny how all this has been ignored here by the I Love Cuba Mafia.

Until your substance free post, no one was commenting. I read a link or two, but the op didn't state a position.

I would hope you are intelligent enough to comprehend that believing a new course of action is a good thing vs the stalemate of the last 50 years does not necessitate any love for Cuba. Please let me know if I'm giving too much credit here.

I would hope you are intelligent enough to comprehend that believing a new course of action is a good thing vs the stalemate of the last 50 years does not necessitate any love for Cuba. Please let me know if I'm giving too much credit here.

A good thing for who, Titan?

A good thing for who, Titan?

We have a whole other thread to discuss the specific merits of a new approach. My point was simply that thinking that opening up relations with Cuba is the right/good thing to do doesn't mean you "love Cuba."

I can't personally state I'm for or against, but I do think it would have been "wise" to work with Congress and hear from the American people before an EO was issued.

I can't personally state I'm for or against, but I do think it would have been "wise" to work with Congress and hear from the American people before an EO was issued.

It would be "wise" to immediately scuttle something that's in the best interests of the Nation? :dunno:

It's not like Congress won't get a crack at keeping or discarding the sanctions. If the POTUS can't excercise his executive authority in the field of foreign relations, where can he?

Should Nixon have taken his idea of opening relations with China to Congress first?

Archived