Mike Dyer ruled academically Ineligible

Dual-Threat Rigby

"@SKietz680: As first heard on @ESPN680, Michael Dyer has left the team and will not play in the @belkbowl"

Update: Dyer didn't leave the team he's academically ineligible

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN

Louisville RB Michael Dyer ruled academically ineligible, won’t play in Belk Bowl

From national championship winner to this....very interesting career path he took

As I thought after getting kicked from Ark St, he'd probably have been better sitting, finishing his education, and then working out for some NFL teams. Less chance of another mistake occurring.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so...

I felt this was slightly more thread worthy than why didn't a 70 year old geezer work at DC or our attitude for the irrelevancy bowl.

SLIGHTLY

Well other than you thinking our bowl game is irrelevant I agree with you. It's not irrelevant to those seniors that have busted their asses for this program for 4 or 5 years.

so...

I felt this was slightly more thread worthy than why didn't a 70 year old geezer work at DC or our attitude for the irrelevancy bowl.

SLIGHTLY

Well other than you thinking our bowl game is irrelevant I agree with you. It's not irrelevant to those seniors that have busted their asses for this program for 4 or 5 years.

I guess its not irrelevant, its just relatively small compared to where we should be

Dyer played 4 years under 3 offensive coordinators at 2 different schools. The mess up at Aky State is just that.

If he had stayed at Auburn and tried, he'd be in the NFL right now.

Dyer played 4 years under 3 offensive coordinators at 2 different schools. The mess up at Aky State is just that.

It's hard to knock him for performances at any other schools, because UL wasn't good at run blocking at any point, but it sure seems like he was the next great Auburn back. He succeeded 1. with Cam Newton, Onterio McCalebb, and usually another change of pace back/receiver getting carries 2. in the limited 2011 offense with no real threat at QB for the most part.

But there's a trade off, if he's still going off, we likely never get CAP, Tre never reaches his full potential (I think the 2012 season went a long way in getting him to the guy we seen in 2013) and that's it

He'll still get his shot. It's not going to be an early round pick but someone will take him. It's up to him to make it work.

If Isiah Crowell can find a spot in the league, so can Mike. He's had a lot of issues but he continues to get chances and I think he'll get a shot at least.

I have a hard time harbor ing any ill will toward MD. I got to see him all of 2010 and in Phoenix. I still really like the guy.

To go from this: (

), to skid row is hard to watch. I hope he has success at the combine and that he'll be wearing teal and black this time next year.

I wish him well. But it's a shame that he has made so many mistakes that have affected his future. A college degree would've been a powerful asset when his football days are done. A running back usually doesn't last long in the brutal NFL.

No sympathy for this guy. Very gifted player. But someone in the NFL will give him a shot. I hope it's not the Panthers though.

Is anyone surprised??? He wasted so many opportunities. Waste of a tgread

Why is it a waste of a thread? It's newsworthy, especially considering he was a former Tiger.

Yep, I remember what a great get he was for Auburn. Without him we don't win the BCS. Period.

Another great opportunity for him to learn a hard lesson. I've learned a few myself.

Is anyone surprised??? He wasted so many opportunities. Waste of a tgread

Why is it a waste of a thread? It's newsworthy, especially considering he was a former Tiger.

Yep, I remember what a great get he was for Auburn. Without him we don't win the BCS. Period.

Another great opportunity for him to learn a hard lesson. I've learned a few myself.

Agree ....but if he had not been able to tote a football he would probably already be working 3rd shift at some fast food joint. Ya gotta wonder how many more chances he will get before "real life" hits him. Too bad....

I have a hard time harbor ing any ill will toward MD. I got to see him all of 2010 and in Phoenix. I still really like the guy.

), to skid row is hard to watch. I hope he has success at the combine and that he'll be wearing teal and black this time next year.

The only problem I had with him was his attitude. The gun his girlfriend bought and gave him while he underage was used in the robbery by 4 of teammates. When he was called to testify at one of the trials his additude was apparent. He dropped off the team rather than take a 6 games suspension at auburn. I hope the UL experience has caused him to grow up.

The only problem I had with him was his attitude. The gun his girlfriend bought and gave him while he underage was used in the robbery by 4 of teammates. When he was called to testify at one of the trials his additude was apparent. He dropped off the team rather than take a 6 games suspension at auburn. I hope the UL experience has caused him to grow up.

Dyer was more than old enough to own a handgun. Dyer was 19 when he enrolled at Auburn and in Alabama the legal age is 18 for a handgun ownership.

Dyer was more than old enough to own a handgun. Dyer was 19 when he enrolled at Auburn and in Alabama the legal age is 18 for a handgun ownership.

Umm, you sure about that? I believe the legal age in Alabama is 21. IIRC, you can own a long gun (rifle, shotgun, etc....) but to purchase a handgun, I believe you have to be 21.

Someone check me on that.......

Archived