Mike Dyer ruled academically Ineligible

Dual-Threat Rigby

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking just the other day about Dyer, Marcus Lattimore, and Lache Seastrunk.

They were the big three RB recruits out of high school the same year. Auburn at one time was seriously in the running for each and there was even talk that we might get 2 of the 3. All three showed flashes of brilliance in the college game, but none quite lived up to recruiting expectations (IMHO). We know about Dyer's issues. Lattimore was plagued by injuries. And while Seastrunk had a couple of good years after transferring to Baylor, he never was a serious Heisman contender or among the top 3-4 college RB's during his college years..

Fate certainly can be unpredictable.

I was thinking just the other day about Dyer, Marcus Lattimore, and Lache Seastrunk.

They were the big three RB recruits out of high school the same year. Auburn at one time was seriously in the running for each and there was even talk that we might get 2 of the 3. All three showed flashes of brilliance in the college game, but none quite lived up to recruiting expectations (IMHO). We know about Dyer's issues. Lattimore was plagued by injuries. And while Seastrunk had a couple of good years after transferring to Baylor, he never was a serious Heisman contender or among the top 3-4 college RB's during his college years..

Fate certainly can be unpredictable.

i think lattimore absolutely lived up to expectations. Even with the severe injuries SF used a round 3 pick on him. Seastrunk took longer to develop but did very well. Dyer was the least talented and most troubled and still managed 2000 plus yds in two seasons..imo not too bad.

I think Lattimore did as well as expected. The other two definitely failed to live up to their hype.

Archived