Duke Williams & Cassanova McKinzy, late arrivers to Outback Bowl

WarEagle10

BREAKING: Auburn WR Dhaquille Williams did not join the team in Tampa for the Outback Bowl, per a source.

@AUBlog

Update:

B50eKRUIcAEx2jW.jpg

Malzahn: Duke Williams and Cassanova McKinzy will be here, "running late"

Malzahn would not say what D'haquille Williams' "illness" was, would not comment on how apparent eye injury happened

Malzahn would not say if D'haquille Williams will play once he does get here

@JamesCrepea

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been wondering about that also..........since he has not been practicing because he has been "sick". Oh well, best of luck to him. He is a tremendous receiver.

Thata fair, Maverick and around4ever. But also his agent most likely gave him a pretty sizeable cash advance, which they usually do. Considering his situation it probably made more sense for him to accept the cash. We just don't know what that is worth to him. It may have been worth more to him than sticking around for another game, which has minimal impact for him personally or for his future.

He made a business decision. I don't fault him one bit. Yes, it didn't end ideally, but we don't know what happened behind the scenes. Remember, Bo Jackson was duped by agents, costing him his baseball eligibility at AU.

Actually, most of the posters who post here are the ones that don't care about the players....

Duke gutted it out in the iron bowl and put on a helluva performance when quite frankly, there was enough tape on him to establish himself as a second round pick prior to the game.

He said he was one and done when he signed on. He was a hired gun that probably prevented Auburn from being 6-6. The aim is to get to the league so you can take care of your family. If the knee is still gimpy, no need to go out there and risk injury and hurt his stock

Actually, most of the posters who post here are the ones that don't care about the players....

Duke gutted it out in the iron bowl and put on a helluva performance when quite frankly, there was enough tape on him to establish himself as a second round pick prior to the game.

He said he was one and done when he signed on. He was a hired gun that probably prevented Auburn from being 6-6. The aim is to get to the league so you can take care of your family. If the knee is still gimpy, no need to go out there and risk injury and hurt his stock

You can still travel with your teammates....

B50eKRUIcAEx2jW.jpg

Malzahn: Duke Williams and Cassanova McKinzy will be here, "running late"

Malzahn would not say what D'haquille Williams' "illness" was, would not comment on how apparent eye injury happened

Malzahn would not say if D'haquille Williams will play once he does get here

@JamesCrepea

B50d1nPIEAMwBPD.jpg

via @fototodd

Malzahn says Duke Williams is "on his way"

@JoelAEricksonAU

Whatever the situation ends up being, JMO but the players have a responsibility to their team mates...and the idea that any player feels it's acceptable to skip a game he considers meaningless just sounds wrong. Kinda sounds like...."I'm not going to block that big LB on a pass that someone else catches"...

I get disgusted with all these "business decision" explanations. Kids sign their LOI and take the scholarship money...that is a business decision too with obligations.

Well, that was a fine, while brief, melt I had. I only left 15 messages on my bookies voice mail. Guess I need to call him back and tell him "just kidding". :laugh:

I get disgusted with all these "business decision" explanations. Kids sign their LOI and take the scholarship money...that is a business decision too with obligations.

Coaches make the same "commitments" when they sign on to a university too, don't they? And how many nowadays are honoring the length of their contract? For better or worse, college football is a business, with a lot of players eyeing the NFL. Universities provide them the resources to get a degree and accomplish that dream. In today's world, like it or not, kids are not committing to a university because they love it. They're committing to a staff/quality team/nationally recognized program to better their game and showcase it to the NFL

Boy, these folks here jump to some serious conclusions. You people who judge a situation before you even know the facts are pretty messed up. Those of you who thought this young had run out on his team need to to do some real apologizing. That is, IF, you got the cahunas.

Mods, please lock this thread or change the title. And I think that we as fans need to take a chill pill- whatever Duke decides to do, remember that he has not taken this decision lightly. There is more going on in his life here than just him wanting to get a paycheck sooner rather than later. Even if he does not play in the bowl game and leaves for the NFL, I honestly can't blame the guy. Injuries happen in an instant, but the effects of them are felt for a lifetime. His family is not very well off, and I can't honestly fault him for wanting to get them into a better situation. If he's got a 1st or 2nd round grade, I'd say go.

Where is any of this "information " coming from?

Archived