Duke Williams & Cassanova McKinzy, late arrivers to Outback Bowl

WarEagle10

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish people would wait before they spoke.....but the interweb has changed society and how to properly vet information.

If Cassanova goes pro early that would be really poor decision making from a football standpoint. If he needs to go to help his family I understand.

But he could help his family a lot more if he improves his game and his draft stock.

Boy, these folks here jump to some serious conclusions. You people who judge a situation before you even know the facts are pretty messed up. Those of you who thought this young had run out on his team need to to do some real apologizing. That is, IF, you got the cahunas.

Yep, the first part of this thread is a perfect example of why people should not speculate and/or judge players until they know what is going on. A few people need to seriously consider deleting their posts in the beginning of this thread.

If he met with an agent he would automatically be ineligible, to my understanding, could not travel or participate with the team. So there would be no point in saying he was running late. AND I thought one of the rules on this board NO RUMORS ---LOL.

If he met with an agent he would automatically be ineligible, to my understanding, could not travel or participate with the team. So there would be no point in saying he was running late. AND I thought one of the rules on this board NO RUMORS ---LOL.

This is incorrect. You become ineligible if you sign with an and/or start receiving benefits from an agent. You can meet with agents all day long.

Does anyone else find it weird that the team didn't travel together, especially on a long trip to Tampa. I can understand allowing some players who might live close by who are already in the area for the holidays but I think its strange to have these players driving that far. I would think AU would fly them down.

Shon Coleman posted a pic of him driving down the interstate heading from Memphis to Tampa last night.

Does anyone else find it weird that the team didn't travel together, especially on a long trip to Tampa. I can understand allowing some players who might live close by who are already in the area for the holidays but I think its strange to have these players driving that far. I would think AU would fly them down.

Shon Coleman posted a pic of him driving down the interstate heading from Memphis to Tampa last night.

I believe Auburn is allowed pay for their airfare. Players sometimes cash in their tickets and drive together.

No, because they spent Christmas at their respective homes.

I believe Auburn is allowed pay for their airfare. Players sometimes cash in their tickets and drive together.

If that's true, I would be doing the same thing. Although it kind of sounds like it wouldn't be permitted by the NCAA...

If that's true, I would be doing the same thing. Although it kind of sounds like it wouldn't be permitted by the NCAA...

Players are allowed to sell their game tickets for face value. This is no different. Players often exchange their bowl airfare and then just pitch in for gas money and drive to the game. There is nothing illegal about it..........as long as they don't exchange their airfare for more than the tickets are worth.

Players are allowed to sell their game tickets for face value. This is no different. Players often exchange their bowl airfare and then just pitch in for gas money and drive to the game. There is nothing illegal about it..........as long as they don't exchange their airfare for more than the tickets are worth.

Forgot about the game ticket deal they have.

Players, at least it used to be this way, get so much $$ to travel from their home to the bowl game, they can use it to purchase a flight, or drive…that is why many 'carpool' they will have more $$

Lol lost respect for saying screw it for a meaningless bowl game when his knee is already half torn up...how many downs did you play this year, around4ever?

Do I wish I could've seen him play one more time? Hell yeah. But I understand the circumstances. He wouldn't be able to boost his stock with this game very much. The potential pitfalls outweigh the potential positives IMO.

These kind of posts are just sad. His knee is "half torn up"? Really? "Meaningless" bowl game. Really? Does how much football another poster has played make a significant point? Really? Totally screwed up post. If you are part of a team, the team comes first. I suggest you rent, "When the Game Stands Tall". Maybe you will understand.

Archived