Duke Williams & Cassanova McKinzy, late arrivers to Outback Bowl

WarEagle10

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no rumors here. no link no post

http://www.oanow.com...2821aa8bbf.html

Alex Byington: "Williams, who led Auburn with 45 catches, 730 receiving yards and five touchdowns in his first season on the Plains, posted a picture of himself with a bloodshot left eye and a large bruise on his left cheek to Instagram on Monday, a picture which has since been deleted."

Also stated by Brandon Marcello on AL.com: "Williams missed Auburn's entire first week of bowl practices, which stretched through Sunday. Williams, Auburn's top receiver, also posted a photo of himself with what appeared to be an injured eye on Instagram. He later deleted the picture."

http://www.al.com/au...lle_will_2.html

Alex Byington: "Williams, who led Auburn with 45 catches, 730 receiving yards and five touchdowns in his first season on the Plains, posted a picture of himself with a bloodshot left eye and a large bruise on his left cheek to Instagram on Monday, a picture which has since been deleted."

Also stated by Brandon Marcello on AL.com: "Williams missed Auburn's entire first week of bowl practices, which stretched through Sunday. Williams, Auburn's top receiver, also posted a photo of himself with what appeared to be an injured eye on Instagram. He later deleted the picture."

The picture i saw on his instagram his eye was a lot more red than that picture. It is was a different picture than the one that's going around now. The other picture was very close up and his eye was very red. He took that picture down as well. Didn't see any bruising so i assumed it was pink eye at the time thus why he possibly missed practice. The entire situation/rumors has gotten out of hand. My thinking was that if one was to had gotten into a fight....would they be posting a picture of a black eye on instagram but hey...can't put anything past people today. It will be interesting to see if he does play...that may help to answer the question of he was really sick or was in a fight. We shall see.

The picture i saw on his instagram his eye was a lot more red than that picture. It is was a different picture than the one that's going around now. The other picture was very close up and his eye was very red. He took that picture down as well. Didn't see any bruising so i assumed it was pink eye at the time thus why he possibly missed practice. The entire situation/rumors has gotten out of hand. My thinking was that if one was to had gotten into a fight....would they be posting a picture of a black eye on instagram but hey...can't put anything past people today. It will be interesting to see if he does play...that may help to answer the question of he was really sick or was in a fight. We shall see.

This^^. Plus the "pink eye" is very contagious

This^^. Plus the "pink eye" is very contagious

That was just my initial thoughts when i saw the picture. I've been in holiday lazy mode with family and kids so i'm just now learning about the other rumors. Just ready for the the game....no matter what his status may be.

What happened to around4ever's earlier post where he makes a conditional apology to Duke and this board for his statements earlier in this thread?

I wish people would wait before they spoke.....but the interweb has changed society and how to properly vet information.

Yeah! It's bad enough on the Political Forum. We sure as hell don't need it on the Football Forum! ;D

I wish people would wait before they spoke.....but the interweb has changed society and how to properly vet information.

Yeah! It's bad enough on the Political Forum. We sure as hell don't need it on the Football Forum! ;D

It is societal.

it would be fine with me not to know what was wrong. gus said he was sick and i can live with that. he is here, will likely play so i will move on. hope he returns next year but totally expect he won't. either way he owes nothing.

it would be fine with me not to know what was wrong. gus said he was sick and i can live with that. he is here, will likely play so i will move on. hope he returns next year but totally expect he won't. either way he owes nothing.

Yours is probably the prevalent view now but I'm starting to get the feeling that many SEC teams (including AU) resemble a mercenary army....with hired "professional soldiers" for the duration of the task and then they leave when the job is done...or before if that's what they decide to do...soldiers with no obligation except to themselves.

I guess many players consider it to be a business now and not so much a sport as it once was....makes me sad for college football. But....there is always Div III.

Yours is probably the prevalent view now but I'm starting to get the feeling that many SEC teams (including AU) resemble a mercenary army....with hired "professional soldiers" for the duration of the task and then they leave when the job is done...or before if that's what they decide to do...soldiers with no obligation except to themselves.

I guess many players consider it to be a business now and not so much a sport as it once was....makes me sad for college football. But....there is always Div III.

Players.... many not often see it as an opportunity to get their prospective careers to the next level. If their career goal is football, then I have no problem with it - leave early if you like, play one season; it's a partnerships between the school and the athlete. You play football for us, we pay for your education. Plain and simple. Also at this point Duke has not said he is leaving and until then I expect him to return, regardless I am sure CGM has a hold on it and knows more than we do...

Considering that only 4 to 5 on the team in any given year have any real shot at playing in the NFL, I wouldn't say SEC teams resemble a mercenary army with hired professional soldiers. 95% of the team will be finishing their education and moving on into a field other than football... and even those that do get drafted, a very small percentage ever end up with a career in the NFL and will eventually have to move on to a different field of work to pay the bills.

Have I missed something where there was a discipline problem at all? People all seem mad and seem to think Duke's been doing something wrong... conjecture or is there fire with this smoke?

As the season (and this thread) draws to a end:

help in overcoming addiction

Step One: accepting that this human life will bring suffering
    Step Two: seeing how we create extra suffering in our lives
    Step Three: embracing impermanence to show us that our suffering can end
    Step Four: being willing to step onto the path of recovery and discover freedom
    Step Five: transforming our speech, actions, and livelihood
    Step Six: placing positive values at the centre of our lives
    Step Seven: making every effort to stay on the path of recovery
    Step Eight: helping others by sharing the benefits we have gained.

(From: www.ddictiontoday.org)

Have I missed something where there was a discipline problem at all? People all seem mad and seem to think Duke's been doing something wrong... conjecture or is there fire with this smoke?

There's a certain segment of the fanbase who believes that players forfeit their rights to any kind of a personal life- or any of the needs or problems that would entail- the moment they accept a football scholarship.

I'm sure this will get deleted so read it while you can. Word is Duke got into a fight at SkyBar and it wasn't his first altercation since arriving on campus...or his second. Gus is being hush hush because he's trying to determine whether or not Duke will be allowed to play. TIFWIW

Players.... many not often see it as an opportunity to get their prospective careers to the next level. If their career goal is football, then I have no problem with it - leave early if you like, play one season; it's a partnerships between the school and the athlete. You play football for us, we pay for your education. Plain and simple. Also at this point Duke has not said he is leaving and until then I expect him to return, regardless I am sure CGM has a hold on it and knows more than we do...

I hear you..but one year is not an "education" ...and in times past the deal was reversed....Auburn gives the kid a chance for a college education (like 4 years) in exchange for him playing football. Lots of kids see that way....look at all the walk-ons who have almost zero shot at the NFL but the show up, hoping to play and mostly taking advantage of the educational opportunities at AU. And maybe I was wrong but seemed the education part used to be more important....but perhaps not? :dunno: Maybe has always been this way and I did not realize it.

I hear you..but one year is not an "education" ...and in times past the deal was reversed....Auburn gives the kid a chance for a college education (like 4 years) in exchange for him playing football. Lots of kids see that way....look at all the walk-ons who have almost zero shot at the NFL but the show up, hoping to play and mostly taking advantage of the educational opportunities at AU. And maybe I was wrong but seemed the education part used to be more important....but perhaps not? :dunno: Maybe has always been this way and I did not realize it.

"Always", maybe not. But it's been that way for decades. The elite players have been majoring in football since at least as far back as the late 70s and early 80s. SMU received the death penalty in '86, and that was only after years of rampant pay-for-play activity in the SWC.

Archived