White Father Lists 7 Things He Can Do That His Biracial Son Can’t

DKW 86

I don't have ANY anger whatsoever and I explained to you why I brought up the fbi.....I said my mom who is in her mid 50's said this you're next reply is nobody under the age of 60 could say they experienced this......I reiterate well that's what my mom said you reiterate you're same thoughts.....now no you didn't say your mom is lying verbatim....And if you can't see the difference between how I talk to you and you to me ok, what can I say?

Explaining why you brought up the fbi still doesn't make it relevant to the discussion. Your mom did't experience not being able to sit at a lunch counter at 5 or 6, did she ? She MAY have a early memory of drinking at a segregated water fountain, while possible, my POINT is that anyone younger than her didn't. You want to fuss over the EXACT point in time where that took place, where 1 person did, and everyone else didn't ?

Really?

Fine, you win that, if you feel you must.

But I never called your mom or anyone a liar here. Don't claim I did, mmkay ?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care if you thought it was relevant or not, if you can't see it oh well. How the heck you're going to ask me why I say something then say explaining doesn't make it relevant.....Well why ask me to explain? As far as the other stuff you're the one who took the stance and posted the age if I hear someone's story that contradicts the age you said please don't get mad at me that you were wrong. You're the one who said it, not me. And yeah I'm sure she was the one person that had that experience and everybody else didn't.....

I think we all are...Well let me take that back, those of us that realize it still exists are trying to find ways. The black community needs a leader that everyone in the black community respects. Someone like Denzel Washington who could use his life as an example as far as hard work overcoming obstacles and not settling for excuses but at the same time knows things exists. He is already well off nobody would question his motives, and nobody could attack his character or credibility.

People should stop trying to get over and beat the system and people should stop saying everything is a lie and try to act like there aren't any problems.

I do know NOTHING isn't the thing. I'm confident that those who say that wouldn't feel the same way if they were on the bottom of the totem pole. I'm glad people in the past didn't feel that way or I might be a slave or not even allowed privileges of traveling and worse yet learning and being educated.

Just remember it wasn't just blacks who made it possible for an end to slavery or the passage of the laws passed to turn the tide of the civil rights movement. Also keep in mind that slavery isn't just a black thing. It's a humanity thing.

I believe we need leaders of all Americans and people who believe America should be one nation of all and not a bunch of segregated units.

I don't care if you thought it was relevant or not, if you can't see it oh well. How the heck you're going to ask me why I say something then say explaining doesn't make it relevant.....Well why ask me to explain?

I was keeping and open mind ? And was wondering just how you were gonna tie 1 thing to another. Won't make that mistake again.

As far as the other stuff you're the one who took the stance and posted the age if I hear someone's story that contradicts the age you said please don't get mad at me that you were wrong. You're the one who said it, not me. And yeah I'm sure she was the one person that had that experience and everybody else didn't.....

I'm not wrong. I'm closer to 50 myself, and those things weren't in existence in MY life time. That's not opinion, that' s just fact.

Does that mean RACISM didn't exist ? That's not what I'm saying, so that might be where you're getting confused.

Younger people have no right to act like today is even close to the 1950's and 1960's Civil Rights era. There's more disrespect towards authority coming though the younger generations on both sides and both races.

To act like assaulting a cop, then charging at the cop which results in being killed, is worth marching and protesting over is the same as protesting having equal rights to vote and be a citizen back in the 50's and 60's is absurd. That's where we're at right now in society that it's considered racist that a cop isn't punished for killing a black man who wasn't armed but assaulted the officer and tried to take his gun.

The fact that Michael Brown is seen as some kind of martyr for police abuse is absurd. That tells me how myopic some people's views on injustice are when it comes to race. Regardless of the actions of that same person that contirbuted to the tragedy, that person is now looked at as a victim of police abuse because of the color of their skin. The only reason these cases have been trumped up is because of the color of the deceased. That's why this country is tired of people like Al Sharpton because they incite racial tension, even in cases they are wrong about like in Ferguson and the Duke lacrosse case. All that matters to them are black lives. That's a wrong way to look at things. You don't want to get killed by police? Don't assault them, try to take their gun or point a gun(real or not) at them.

Eric Garner's case is different though. He shouldn't have died. The cop that choked him should have lost his job and probably faced some jail time or at least a trial. There's just cause to question and protest that case. I have no problem with that.

The problem that I see are protesters around the country that still cling to the Michael Brown case and use it as part of the cause. Every time a black person is involved like Michael Brown, it's automatically considered an injustice by the black community. You can't keep jumping on every case that involves a black person who gets killed by police and view it as some kind of injustice and expect everyone to go along with that or else they'll be viewed as not caring about black lives. Racism does exist but some in the black community are trying to conflate cases and instances together just because they want social justice for past racism or their perceived current racism even though some cases aren't an example of it.

People like the mayor of New York and the governor of Missouri are also part of the problem. Instead of trying to have a constructive discussion on issues, both of them decided to give in to the tension and leaned more to the side of the protesters by shaming the whole police departments instead of staying neutral and just calling for both sides to remain peaceful. Instead they used the incidents that are being protested to blame the atmosphere and tension instead of blaming the one's responsible for their own actions like the looters in Ferguson and the gunman in New York who killed the two police officers.

Ok, I think I'll stop rambling now. I'm going to go ahead and end this post....... hahahahaha

Lol. There Auraptor there is like no way on earth you don't have a problem with black people...

And if you go by the definition of racism there is no way a black person can be racist. Now maybe prejudice

A black person can't be racist? Racism = privilege + Power? Who's the most privileged and powerful man in our country right now? This may be the most idiotic mess of s*** I've ever read. All racism is is a BELIEF of superiority which the underlying determining factor is RACE. There is no prerequisite or requirement to racism. Any person from any race can be "racist." Saying that only a white person can be racist is, in fact, RACIST.

I'm more so talking about a society so one position can't really contradict it IMO. And mentioning a position where something like 50 times before everybody was white and one black is in means shows progress but doesn't mean everything is great either. When Jackie Robinson first was allowed in the MLB didn't mean he or other blacks weren't persecuted anymore, I look forward to more progress being made

In the first quote you said "no way a black person...." in the second it was "more so a society..." Which is it? My second point was to your "power + privilege = racism" nonsense. Your response to that just debunked your very own point.

Because you are taking and using your opinion of what you feel racism is. IMO because of how the nation was built up racism is now structural as well as personal

There is a definition of what racism is. It's not an idea or ideology. Racism is a real thing, and just because the history of it has been "one-sided" doesn't mean that it doesn't or can't exist among other races than the white race.

I might add that instead of viewing the current state of race relations through the microscopic view of foxnews, cnn, msnbc, or whatever other news source, (which is NOT a correct representation of our society) look around you, how are your relationships with those of other skin color? News channels will make you think that racism is RAMPANT! They only report tragedy because tragedy gets clicks and views, uplifting stories don't. I have seen story after story on Facebook and other sites about a black kid giving a pair of rare Air Jordan's to a white kid because the white kid wad getting made fun of because of his shoes. Did that uplifting story get put on the news? Why? Because it doesn't fit in the "OUR SOCIETY IS RAMPANTLY RACIST!" story line. What about the story of the white cop in Tarrant that blessed the black lady with food when she stole bread? He could have arrested her, she did break the law, but he didn't. Did that get play on the news? Not enough because it didn't go along with the "RACISM!" story line. Think for yourselves, don't take what those mediots say as gospel.

I might add that instead of viewing the current state of race relations through the microscopic view of foxnews, cnn, msnbc, or whatever other news source, (which is NOT a correct representation of our society) look around you, how are your relationships with those of other skin color? News channels will make you think that racism is RAMPANT! But it isn't. It just isn't. Think for yourselves, don't take what those mediots say as gospel.

But TV would never lie to me, would it ?

Because you are taking and using your opinion of what you feel racism is. IMO because of how the nation was built up racism is now structural as well as personal

That's propaganda, not reality. Sorry.

Well that's YOUR opinion. I respect it but I don't agree with it just like you don't agree with me. No sorry needed

I might add that instead of viewing the current state of race relations through the microscopic view of foxnews, cnn, msnbc, or whatever other news source, (which is NOT a correct representation of our society) look around you, how are your relationships with those of other skin color? News channels will make you think that racism is RAMPANT! They only report tragedy because tragedy gets clicks and views, uplifting stories don't. I have seen story after story on Facebook and other sites about a black kid giving a pair of rare Air Jordan's to a white kid because the white kid wad getting made fun of because of his shoes. Did that uplifting story get put on the news? Why? Because it doesn't fit in the "OUR SOCIETY IS RAMPANTLY RACIST!" story line. What about the story of the white cop in Tarrant that blessed the black lady with food when she stole bread? He could have arrested her, she did break the law, but he didn't. Did that get play on the news? Not enough because it didn't go along with the "RACISM!" story line. Think for yourselves, don't take what those mediots say as gospel.

Actually my views are based on many of my experiences. And on my Facebook I see just as many good cop stories as I do bad, but one thing is funny I have some friends who NEVER speak up on ANYTHING about when somebody is mistreated but had EVERYTHING to say as far as posting things to trivialize racism. Now you guys are hardcore my conservative friends on Facebook just ignore the garner death but you guys justify it but they really go in that Brown case....

Can't change how people feel usually, I would bet that the guys who didn't see a problem with garner also didn't see a problem with Martin's death. Probably argued for the guy that killed the young black dude that be THOUGHT had a gun as well....just how it is, but in the same breath you should also understand my problem with it.

I'm young, I'm black, I'm tall and muscular I can be deemed intimidating....I want to live, I have dreams and goals in life, I don't want to be a martyr or example...I don't want my children to be either when I have them in the future. Yes I'm going to speak out about it, not wait until it happens to me or someone close to me...hell I don't want my children in the future to have the experiences I have had and I was pretty sheltered...

There is a definition of what racism is. It's not an idea or ideology. Racism is a real thing, and just because the history of it has been "one-sided" doesn't mean that it doesn't or can't exist among other races than the white race.

That's your opinion, I agree with part of it but there is a part I don't.

So, black President, black Supreme Court Justice, black Attorney General, black Sec-State, black senators, mayors, members of congress, and yet "racism" is structural ?

CEO's, college Presidents, and yet it's still structural ?

Gee, at what point and time does this imaginary structure collapse ?

I know that you don't agree that other races can be racist. I don't get it and never will. Racist has a very definitive quality and it's definition isn't a "color." Not opinion, it's a fact. However, arguing over who can and can't be racist with someone who doesn't even know how many presidents our great nation has had makes this conversation as irrelevant as any I've ever had pertaining to racism. Some people just believe what they believe.

Actually my views are based on many of my experiences. And on my Facebook I see just as many good cop stories as I do bad, but one thing is funny I have some friends who NEVER speak up on ANYTHING about when somebody is mistreated but had EVERYTHING to say as far as posting things to trivialize racism. Now you guys are hardcore my conservative friends on Facebook just ignore the garner death but you guys justify it but they really go in that Brown case....

Can't change how people feel usually, I would bet that the guys who didn't see a problem with garner also didn't see a problem with Martin's death. Probably argued for the guy that killed the young black dude that be THOUGHT had a gun as well....just how it is, but in the same breath you should also understand my problem with it.

I'm young, I'm black, I'm tall and muscular I can be deemed intimidating....I want to live, I have dreams and goals in life, I don't want to be a martyr or example...I don't want my children to be either when I have them in the future. Yes I'm going to speak out about it, not wait until it happens to me or someone close to me...hell I don't want my children in the future to have the experiences I have had and I was pretty sheltered...

Like I said in another post, you are a well educated, successful man, use that to be a role model for the younger generation. Racism is a learned and taught behavior, not an inherent one. Be the change you want to see.

I know that you don't agree that other races can be racist. I don't get it and never will. Racist has a very definitive quality and it's definition isn't a "color." Not opinion, it's a fact. However, arguing over who can and can't be racist with someone who doesn't even know how many presidents our great nation has had makes this conversation as irrelevant as any I've ever had pertaining to racism. Some people just believe what they believe.

Right like making a claim such as you don't know how many presidents there are what could you know about racism.....But a claim such as you don't experience it how can you tell me about it would drive you up a wall. But if you don't want to talk to me you certainly don't have to...

I don't mind having a logical conversation with anyone as long as it's open minded. My issue is taking a well defined term and associating it with only one group. There's a bit of irony in that in terms of racism. You know nothing about me and know nothing of what I have experienced. I take serious issue with racism, as I do stereotypes, prejudice, generalization and whatever else is synonymous with generalizing, demoralizing and/or looking down an entire group of people as if they are inferior in any way (whatever you want to call it based on your rationalization). Those traits are not limited to any specific race and no race is without specific individuals that do not do these things.

Ok so you took issue of me not agreeing with you, but like I said certain things you said made me think and I agree with but I feel that's it's structural as well, if that upsets you I'm sorry but that's how I feel

Racism isn't specific to the United States. If you feel this is a false statement I'm a little confused.

Lots of yada yada about things in the past but Al Sharpton is in the present and the biggest race monger alive today, hands down.

Happy new year folks, I am leaving for the game now. DE!!!

Lots of yada yada about things in the past but Al Sharpton is in the present and the biggest race monger alive today, hands down.

Happy new year folks, I am leaving for the game now. DE!!!

Nah I'd say rush is right there with him.

Racism isn't specific to the United States. If you feel this is a false statement I'm a little confused.

I'm just talking about here. What I know here. If things were done in a similar way somewhere else I would say the same for that place as well

Archived