Harbaugh Expected to Take Michigan Job

Texan4Auburn

Jason Cole of Bleacher Report is reporting that two San Francisco 49ers staff members and a third NFL source expect Harbaugh to become the next coach at Michigan.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/12/27/report-harbaugh-to-sign-with-michigan/20948481/

Interesting to see if it will go through.

"Sources" are confirming its a done deal ...

@Johnubacon: I just got off the phone with more sources tonight. It's done. Jim Harbaugh is coming to Michigan - and his friends are flying in Monday.

I don't see why Harbaugh wouldn't take the Michigan job. Everyone has known for awhile that he wouldn't be coaching the Niners next year.

I don't see why Harbaugh wouldn't take the Michigan job. Everyone has known for awhile that he wouldn't be coaching the Niners next year.

Certainly better than being "traded" to the Jets...which was the rumor for a while.

Certainly better than being "traded" to the Jets...which was the rumor for a while.

He likes the NFL and I still think, based on things others have said, he would prefer that. He may have demands that some owners are not willing to meet. I think his coaching style is much better suited to the college game. After a while the pro guys started tuning him out. I know some have talked about Kapernick and his regression but I don't really lay that at the coaching. Kapernick was a novelty that defensive coordinators figured out and now he has come back to earth.

I dont really care for the wording " I just got off the phone with more sources tonight". Maybe it was the Muschamp Saga, but seeing people use "sources" constantly just irritates me lol

Well he took San Francisco from a losing franchise to 3 straight NFC championship games with one super bowl appearance. If I were the general manager or AD I would want a coach that could have that kind of success. I would put aside personal differences and not fire him.

Well he took San Francisco from a losing franchise to 3 straight NFC championship games with one super bowl appearance. If I were the general manager or AD I would want a coach that could have that kind of success. I would put aside personal differences and not fire him.

What happened with him at the 49ers? I know he took them to the SB in his first season or two...I don't follow NFL closely enough. Have to be curious how he can go from the top to the bottom in a span of 3 or 4 years.

What happened with him at the 49ers? I know he took them to the SB in his first season or two...I don't follow NFL closely enough. Have to be curious how he can go from the top to the bottom in a span of 3 or 4 years.

Seriously! Where were you with AU from 2010 to 2012?

Injuries to some key starters on both sides of the ball over the past two seasons, plus it appears as if other defensive coordinators have figured out how to contain the dual threat of Colin Kaepernick.

Injuries to some key starters on both sides of the ball over the past two seasons, plus it appears as if other defensive coordinators have figured out how to contain the dual threat of Colin Kaepernick.

^^This^^ especially about Colin Kaepernick

Other than being fairly successful at Stanford, what else has he done to be so highly sought after?

Honest question, I'm ignorant to his accolades.

Well at the University of San Diego he posted a 29-6 record and won two Division I-AA championships during his three years as HC there. That is pretty impressive.

Urban Meyer's job just got a lot tougher. With the resources he'll have at UM, it won't be long before they're an elite team.

Urban Meyer's job just got a lot tougher. With the resources he'll have at UM, it won't be long before they're an elite team.

He's got a lot of work to do to upgrade the talent level. He needs 2 top notch recruiting classes to really be competitive.

Jed York is the dumbest CEO in the NFL.....

Without question...and time will tell if it's stupidity of epic proportions. A painfully crushing blow that burns deep as a 49er fan.

If San Francisco plunges back into another decade or longer of mediocrity, this will rank right up there with Jimmy Johnson being shown the backdoor out of Jerry World.

Jed York is the dumbest CEO in the NFL.....

Without question...and time will tell if it's stupidity of epic proportions. A painfully crushing blow that burns deep as a 49er fan.

If San Francisco plunges back into another decade or longer of mediocrity, this will rank right up there with Jimmy Johnson being shown the backdoor out of Jerry World.

Mike Shanahan is lurking out there. I think he would like to take over that roster. Whether they can agree on terms or the gm would go that direction I don't know.

Archived