2015 Under Armour & U.S. Army All-American - Commitment Announcements

WarEagleAU

There are some seriously funny posts in this forum. Garner had a couple months to work AUs 1st class under this staff and only ONE year on his second. It seems some here were expecting a magician not just a good recruiter and coach. The guy hasn't suddenly forgotten how to recruit..give him at least a "minute"

So you mean we will be getting a Defensive End this year, after all? After CRG does his magic? That's some much-needed great news! :bananadance: WDE! :wareagle:

I'm so sorry for posting "funny" posts, everybody. Please forgive my lack of faith. (Though you should come to expect that kind of silliness from me as I was one of those Auburn-haters who thought it was time to let CEJ go. I am so glad to have been wrong about that. I really should have listened to you guys. :-\ ) You see, UGA having three (3) 4-star commits at DE so far this year while AU has exactly 0 had me worried... Silly me. When I see our SEC rivals getting their 4-star and 5-star recruiting targets on-board early while Auburn gets their much-better-than-their-ranking-3-stars late, I irrationally overreact. My bad. :slapfh: Clearly, recruiting on the defensive side of the ball has been stellar this year (Here. See for yourself).

Sorry for the hysterics.

Just so you know: Any movement to Auburn by defensive targets can and should be wholly attributed to the Muschamp Effect. I hope it's not too little too late.

Oh, and on Offense: Kerryon Johnson setting up a trip to UAT. I shouldn't give that a second thought, right? Whew! Yeah. Just checking.

You may want to consider changing your name on this site from AURealist to AUPessimist.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under Armour (Friday, Jan. 2, 3:00 p.m. CT)

RB Ronald Jones II - Notre Dame and USC (My pick: USC; Confidence level: 9)

WR Tyron Johnson - Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech (My pick: Oklahoma State; Confidence level: 3)

WR DaVante Phillips - Florida State, Louisville and Miami (My pick: Florida State; Confidence level: 9)

DT Daron Payne - Alabama, Auburn and Miss State (My pick: Alabama; Confidence level: 10)

DT Tim Settle - Oklahoma State, USC, Virginia Tech and Washington State (My pick: Virginia Tech; Confidence level: 7)

ILB Anthony Wheeler - Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma and Texas (My pick: Oklahoma; Confidence level: 6)

CB Kendall Sheffield - Alabama, Florida State, LSU and Texas A&M (My Pick: Alabama; Confidence level: 5)

U.S. Army (Saturday, Jan. 3, 12:00 p.m. CT)

WR Lawrence Cager - Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest (My Pick: Virginia Tech; Confidence level: 1)

TE Devonaire Clarington - Florida, LSU, Miami and Texas (My Pick: Texas; Confidence level: 6)

OT Martez Ivey - Auburn and Florida (My pick: Florida; Confidence level: 4)

DT Neville Gallimore - Auburn, Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC (My Pick: Ohio State; Confidence level: 5)

DE D'Andre Walker - Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee (My Pick: Georgia; Confidence level: 9)

DE Kyle Phillips - LSU, Ole Miss and Tennessee (My Pick: LSU; Confidence level: 8)

OLB Porter Gustin - Arizona State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and USC (My Pick: USC; Confidence level: 10)

S Marvell Tell - Oregon, Texas A&M and USC (My Pick: USC; Confidence level: 6)

ATH Tim Irvin - Florida, Miami and Texas (My pick: Texas; Confidence level: 6)

Thoughts? Let's hear out...

So I guess :) getting a whole new defensive mindset just prior to the dead-zone :( should have already shown some impact* ?

(*and smart kid's aren't waiting to see next year's staff)

Blame previous staff for this one. But things are about to change big time with muschamp and t-rob on board. ( with a few surprise position coaches)!

What I would like to see is Gus out recruiting these top defensive players...and not leaving it to the DC. Saban for example, recruits all of their top candidates and does not leave it to Smart to bring them home. Gus is the HC...not the OC and should be working all the top prospects...yet I rarely hear about him influencing these commitments to play at AU.

FYI, Kirby was at that fiasco last year at the Evans camp, not Nick. Gus was also there and it still didn't do any good. If a position coach is good enough, he can bring that recruit home without the head coach

As for Evans, I expect Nick knew the outcome and saved his money. JMO but it's only after you lose a key recruit that you wonder if the HC could have made a difference. Just sayin'....don't leave any stone unturned in the recruiting battles.

Maybe it's just me, but Garner has not brought in the heavy hitters that people expected....certainly time for AU to come up with a better plan.

Montravious Adams says hello

I'm just impressed that AURealist has already conducted exit interviews with all of our future signees to determine the primary factor for their final, future decisions. His ability to pinpoint it to a single person, regardless of previous contact or recruitment, just goes to show that Auburn University really is shaping the future of America (by creating time machines, of course).

I'm just impressed that AURealist has already conducted exit interviews with all of our future signees to determine the primary factor for their final, future decisions. His ability to pinpoint it to a single person, regardless of previous contact or recruitment, just goes to show that Auburn University really is shaping the future of America (by creating time machines, of course).

Yes. Well, you're welcome. I hope all the guys who didn't give us a second look before we hired CWM turn from Florida and come to Auburn and thereby prove CRG is a great recruiter.

But what about guys like Beckner, Payne, and Holland that were all looking at us before we hired Muschamp? If any of those guys sign, are we also attributing them solely to Muschamp or is this a selective insight you plan to provide?

But what about guys like Beckner, Payne, and Holland that were all looking at us before we hired Muschamp? If any of those guys sign, are we also attributing them solely to Muschamp or is this a selective insight you plan to provide?

Holland is attributed solely to Muschamp because we were out of it without him. The other two aren't coming anyways so it really doesn't matter.

Ah. I didn't realize that Holland would've followed Muschamp to Houston or Tulsa. News to me. Apparently none of the groundwork we laid has no impact on his current decision.

Certainly, Muschamp flipped the momentum and the direction of his recruitment, but it seems incredibly unlikely that Holland would've followed Will to ANY school. He is willing to follow to a school/staff he already liked.

Holland is attributed solely to Muschamp because we were out of it without him. The other two aren't coming anyways so it really doesn't matter.

I don't recall us ever being out of the picture with Holland.

Ah. I didn't realize that Holland would've followed Muschamp to Houston or Tulsa. News to me. Apparently none of the groundwork we laid has no impact on his current decision.

Certainly, Muschamp flipped the momentum and the direction of his recruitment, but it seems incredibly unlikely that Holland would've followed Will to ANY school. He is willing to follow to a school/staff he already liked.

(boom)

We weren't completely out, but Muschamp is the reason we lead.

He wouldn't have gone to Houston or Tulsa, but Auburn wouldn't be leading.

No. No. Don't overstate it. The groundwork Auburn laid has had an enormous impact. It means Coach Muschamp can speak with Holland and others and not be in violation of his Florida non-contact agreement. Kudos to CRG.

Ah. So he would've followed Muschamp to FAU or FIU. I'm positive both schools contacted him so Will could recruit him at either place. That's the only thing that mattered. Nevermind that we've been in his top 3 for the better part of 2 years. I'm sure that did nothing to grease the wheels for Holland to turn his attention from Gainesville to Auburn. 100% attributable to Will Muschamp. Got it.

Boy, to have the exclusive insight you're providing into Jeff Holland's thought process, it's really amazing. That must have been a hell of a detailed conversation you guys had in the last week.

I was going to ask when that happened. We have been in Holland's top three for quite a while.

My point in all this sarcasm is simple. By my best estimation, there are about 21 guys of varying likelihood that we're still recruiting for the 2015 class. For those interested, this is my best estimate list (Ivey, Thompson, Cowart, Jefferson, Beckner, Godwin, T. Johnson, Payne, R. Smith, Gallimore, Holland, Burt, Valentine-Okeke, Slayton, Walker, Merritt, A. Thomas, Norton, Callaway, Gentry, and Justin Martin).

Of that group, only two (Cowart and Jefferson) are really new names following Will coming to Auburn. Of the remaining 19, his arrival swung the direction of the recruitment for two or three guys (Holland and Martin and possibly Thomas, if you believe he's giving us any real thought).

The remaining 16 guys have been on our list for long time, and we'll never know whether Muschamp coming as DC had any impact or how much impact. It probably didn't hurt, but, say we flip Trenton Thompson after 2 years of work by Rodney Garner, you really think Will walking in the door six weeks before signing day was the most significant factor? Of course not.

I'll agree that Cowart and Jefferson were not looking our way. Heck, Cowart said as much the other day. Short of those two, every player on the list had a history with our staff. Holland, Martin, and Thomas have all said Muschamp's arrival made a big difference. I buy that. I don't think that's the case for every guy, and I certainly don't have confirmation of the impact, which means it's positively silly to say Will's arrival is the only, or even primary, reason a guy chooses to sign with us.

Ah. So he would've followed Muschamp to FAU or FIU. I'm positive both schools contacted him so Will could recruit him at either place. That's the only thing that mattered. Nevermind that we've been in his top 3 for the better part of 2 years. I'm sure that did nothing to grease the wheels for Holland to turn his attention from Gainesville to Auburn. 100% attributable to Will Muschamp. Got it.

Boy, to have the exclusive insight you're providing into Jeff Holland's thought process, it's really amazing. That must have been a hell of a detailed conversation you guys had in the last week.

Most kidding aside, Holland is the perfect recruit. He was torn between UFla and AU. Now he can have the best of both. I hope he signs so CRG can get the win.

3335627.JPG

Do you think Kerryon Johnson and D'Anfernee McGriff are working uat commit Adonis Thomas?

It won't do them any good, he's sabanized

Adonis Thomas will sign with us...

Archived