2015 Under Armour & U.S. Army All-American - Commitment Announcements

WarEagleAU

3335627.JPG

Do you think Kerryon Johnson and D'Anfernee McGriff are working uat commit Adonis Thomas?

It won't do them any good, he's sabanized

Adonis Thomas will sign with us...

Believe it when I see that he has signed. Nothing against u, but some kids committed to the turds don't always wake up in time

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point in all this sarcasm is simple. By my best estimation, there are about 21 guys of varying likelihood that we're still recruiting for the 2015 class. For those interested, this is my best estimate list (Ivey, Thompson, Cowart, Jefferson, Beckner, Godwin, T. Johnson, Payne, R. Smith, Gallimore, Holland, Burt, Valentine-Okeke, Slayton, Walker, Merritt, A. Thomas, Norton, Callaway, Gentry, and Justin Martin).

Now, do you think we'll sign even five of those guys? I get five maybe's, not a single "fer sure" and several "no way". Then look at the lists the schools we have to beat every year are compiling. It doesn't do us much good to be #12 nationally in recruiting if we're #6 in the SEC at the same time.(Current Rivals rankings)

AURealist is pointing at a definite problem. Tennessee currently has three DE's and three DT's committed. We have no DE's and two DT's. I use Tennessee because they have had exactly the same amount of time to "build relationships" as has the Auburn staff. These are not all in-state players for them either. Fla, Ga, even a 5* DT from Cal are among their recruits. Where are ours? We've had the same amount of time. We may not sign a single DE and if we do it will be because of the unexpected second coming of Muschamp. To say "R-E-L-A-X" and similar things is to ignore what's happening right now under your nose.

Is there time to change things? Yes. Is some big reversal likely at this late stage of the game? Not at all because the numbers of uncommitted kids are much lower than they were even a month ago. We have 28 slots available and have only 19 players committed at this time. Anybody taking bets that we'll get nine, or even six top of the line players between now and signing day? I wouldn't put my money on more than five and five is a stretch.

"THE SKY IS FALLING!" No, the sky isn't falling but the roof is sure as hell leaking.

My point in all this sarcasm is simple. By my best estimation, there are about 21 guys of varying likelihood that we're still recruiting for the 2015 class. For those interested, this is my best estimate list (Ivey, Thompson, Cowart, Jefferson, Beckner, Godwin, T. Johnson, Payne, R. Smith, Gallimore, Holland, Burt, Valentine-Okeke, Slayton, Walker, Merritt, A. Thomas, Norton, Callaway, Gentry, and Justin Martin).

Now, do you think we'll sign even five of those guys? I get five maybe's, not a single "fer sure" and several "no way". Then look at the lists the schools we have to beat every year are compiling. It doesn't do us much good to be #12 nationally in recruiting if we're #6 in the SEC at the same time.(Current Rivals rankings)

AURealist is pointing at a definite problem. Tennessee currently has three DE's and three DT's committed. We have no DE's and two DT's. I use Tennessee because they have had exactly the same amount of time to "build relationships" as has the Auburn staff. These are not all in-state players for them either. Fla, Ga, even a 5* DT from Cal are among their recruits. Where are ours? We've had the same amount of time. We may not sign a single DE and if we do it will be because of the unexpected second coming of Muschamp. To say "R-E-L-A-X" and similar things is to ignore what's happening right now under your nose.

Is there time to change things? Yes. Is some big reversal likely at this late stage of the game? Not at all because the numbers of uncommitted kids are much lower than they were even a month ago. We have 28 slots available and have only 19 players committed at this time. Anybody taking bets that we'll get nine, or even six top of the line players between now and signing day? I wouldn't put my money on more than five and five is a stretch.

"THE SKY IS FALLING!" No, the sky isn't falling but the roof is sure as hell leaking.

Not arguing. So, you are saying that our staff of top notch recruiters are not building the relationships with the HS coaches or the HS athletes? Why would this be happening? Why would these coaches who are known as top recruiters not be building these relationships and trusts? I just find it odd that very good coaches forget how to coach when they get to Auburn and coaches who are very good recruiters forget how to recruit when they get to Auburn.

The d staff doesn't seem to be as was advertised adnauseum over the past 2 years. Hopefully boom 2.0 will clean house on that side of the ball and bring in coaches who can coach and relate to today's kids. Cause the current staff can't.

After reading this whole thread I had a thought. Maybe, just maybe, Garner wasn't getting the kind of recruiting support from his DC this year to close some of these higher profile players.

Boom is going to be a good partner for whoever the defensive coaches turn out to be. A Garner and Boom partnership would be tough to beat when it comes time to close the deal.

After reading this whole thread I had a thought. Maybe, just maybe, Garner wasn't getting the kind of recruiting support from his DC this year to close some of these higher profile players.

Boom is going to be a good partner for whoever the defensive coaches turn out to be. A Garner and Boom partnership would be tough to beat when it comes time to close the deal.

Sounds good. Is it true? Is CWM a great closer? Or was it someone else on his Florida staff? Is anyone on staff, including CGM himself, really a top-notch recruiter? Is CRG a great recruiting asset? UGA's recruiting is better now than when CRG was with them. They are blowing our doors off without him. USCe, aTm and UTenn will probably out-recruit us this year, not to mention that other school which is is recruiting head and shoulders above them.

Clearly, AU has been showing it's serious about having successful sports programs. Should we be cool with having 0 commits declare at the UA and US Army All-American?

Is this best we can do?

cant believe some of you are complaining that we may not have an all star game commitent.. there are probably over 200 other players who are being recruited by power schools who wont be committing at those games. i think we will still be ok.

cant believe some of you are complaining that we may not have an all star game commitent.. there are probably over 200 other players who are being recruited by power schools who wont be committing at those games. i think we will still be ok.

Many, if not most, of those 200 are already committed. The pool of available talent is shrinking. Lucky for us, we do have several guys committed to Auburn that are in the games but our hopes getting another commitment there is looking dim.

Many, if not most, of those 200 are already committed. The pool of available talent is shrinking. Lucky for us, we do have several guys committed to Auburn that are in the games but our hopes getting another commitment there is looking dim.

All I remember about guys committing to AU at one of those games is that a couple of them then ended up somewhere else...so NBD in my view. LOI day is what counts and that is not far off.

Being in someone's top 3 or 5 is a win I guess...looks goods on paper. Question...so do kids commit due to their love for the university or because of their relationship with a coach(s)?

I would ask 64 and Mikey what advice they would give CGM and and his recruiting staff. You think they are sitting on their arse? Sometimes kids just prefer to go elsewhere. They feel more comfortable, or like what other schools are selling. Defensively, AU has not had the on field defensive performance, system or enthusiastic DC to go with it. Ellis was experienced in X's and O's but was not a great recruiter and the game seemed to have passed him by. The good D players brought in were the result of RG and others but one guy can not recruit alone specifically when he can not sell a good product and system to recruits, parents and their coaches. Smart, Pruitt, Jancek, UA, UGA, and UT d coordinators respectively. All very well connected in SEC recruiting lands and all seem to relate better to potential recruits than Ellis did. Although Jancek was new to UT he is very well connected in recruiting the SEC, and added two strong SEC and national recruiters in Thig and Martinez. Will Muschamp will help change the face of AU defensive recruiting. His presence aIone, and the relationships he had with recruits will help AU close on a few this Feb, with a very optimistic look going into 2016 class. Offensively AU recruits very well, proven system, on field results, better relationship among the offensive staff. Under Ellis, the D was bad, on field results not good, and I do not think his staff really brought into his philosophy and scheme. So in reality I am not suprised that the D recruiting is a bit slow this season, but I know it ain't over yet and traditionally when AU closes strong it's on that side of the ball....so let's wait until Feb and see what happens...

Being in someone's top 3 or 5 is a win I guess...looks goods on paper. Question...so do kids commit due to their love for the university or because of their relationship with a coach(s)?

Go back a few pages. This topic is discussed ad nauseum. #WDE

I would ask 64 and Mikey what advice they would give CGM and and his recruiting staff. You think they are sitting on their arse? Sometimes kids just prefer to go elsewhere. They feel more comfortable, or like what other schools are selling. Defensively, AU has not had the on field defensive performance, system or enthusiastic DC to go with it. Ellis was experienced in X's and O's but was not a great recruiter and the game seemed to have passed him by. The good D players brought in were the result of RG and others but one guy can not recruit alone specifically when he can not sell a good product and system to recruits, parents and their coaches. Smart, Pruitt, Jancek, UA, UGA, and UT d coordinators respectively. All very well connected in SEC recruiting lands and all seem to relate better to potential recruits than Ellis did. Although Jancek was new to UT he is very well connected in recruiting the SEC, and added two strong SEC and national recruiters in Thig and Martinez. Will Muschamp will help change the face of AU defensive recruiting. His presence aIone, and the relationships he had with recruits will help AU close on a few this Feb, with a very optimistic look going into 2016 class. Offensively AU recruits very well, proven system, on field results, better relationship among the offensive staff. Under Ellis, the D was bad, on field results not good, and I do not think his staff really brought into his philosophy and scheme. So in reality I am not suprised that the D recruiting is a bit slow this season, but I know it ain't over yet and traditionally when AU closes strong it's on that side of the ball....so let's wait until Feb and see what happens...

I sure don't have any advice except to note that the result is what counts and if you aren't getting the results you should examine the process being used. Just my opinion but seems that recruiting success is based on what the HC is able to do and I can't think of any major HC that depends on his assistants to draw top talent to his school. Sure the coordinators make the contacts and develop the relationships but the HC is the guy who should close the sale on top targets.

The HC is the guy who is supposed to have the vision and the guy who should be able to sell the vision to a recruit. I don't blame EJ for the state of our defensive recruiting and if it does not get better under Boom, well, that's on Gus too. JMO

I sure don't have any advice except to note that the result is what counts and if you aren't getting the results you should examine the process being used. Just my opinion but seems that recruiting success is based on what the HC is able to do and I can't think of any major HC that depends on his assistants to draw top talent to his school. Sure the coordinators make the contacts and develop the relationships but the HC is the guy who should close the sale on top targets.

The HC is the guy who is supposed to have the vision and the guy who should be able to sell the vision to a recruit. I don't blame EJ for the state of our defensive recruiting and if it does not get better under Boom, well, that's on Gus too. JMO

What he said. ^

We all know the HC is the one responsible for everything, it goes without saying. However It seems extremely difficult for a HC to handle that much in recruiting, that's why he has a staff. Gus is an offensive HC he knows what he needs to make his offense go. He hired a DC and gave him the latitude to get the players he needed to make his defense work, take a look at recruiting for the STAR for example..that was a position unique to EJ system, his defense his players a position he targeted recruits for.

The offense looks better because Gus knows what he needs to make it work, IMO he gave Ellis and his staff free reign to recruit that side of the ball and IMO he shoulders some of the blame if not all of it.....anyways as I stated earlier let's get all the hay in the barn and see what AU gets before making final judgements.

We all know the HC is the one responsible for everything, it goes without saying. However It seems extremely difficult for a HC to handle that much in recruiting, that's why he has a staff. Gus is an offensive HC he knows what he needs to make his offense go. He hired a DC and gave him the latitude to get the players he needed to make his defense work, take a look at recruiting for the STAR for example..that was a position unique to EJ system, his defense his players a position he targeted recruits for.

The offense looks better because Gus knows what he needs to make it work, IMO he gave Ellis and his staff free reign to recruit that side of the ball and IMO he shoulders some of the blame if not all of it.....anyways as I stated earlier let's get all the hay in the barn and see what AU gets before making final judgements.

This^^. Most high school recruits saw Johnson as grandpa figure, not coach

I was told that Johnson never got in the players face and yelled at them. Muschamp will not be any grandpa figure,

... not unless it's in a Johnny Knoxville sort of play

What he said. ^

Well sure, the top guy in any organization is responsible for everything, that goes without saying. I'm pretty that is why Gus is making some changes too. He didn't like the results.

He is also smart enough to know if he needs to get more involved with defensive recruiting, he will. My guess is that Boom will be able to do a much better job of setting the table before Gus comes in.

There are some mind blowing, quick triggered, irrational thinking posters on this forum. You do realize it is January 1st, that we are still recruiting some heavy hitters on the defense? That, for the past couple of classes, we always get some surprise d linemen the closer we get to signing day. All this ruckus in early January will have you eating crow in early February. Let's sit back, kick it and enjoy the ride.... whatever will be will be,War Eagle

There are some mind blowing, quick triggered, irrational thinking posters on this forum. You do realize it is January 1st, that we are still recruiting some heavy hitters on the defense? That, for the past couple of classes, we always get some surprise d linemen the closer we get to signing day. All this ruckus in early January will have you eating crow in early February. Let's sit back, kick it and enjoy the ride.... whatever will be will be,War Eagle

Probably wouldn't be so quick triggered if the teams we have to beat on the field weren't loading up on prospects we'd like to have. The guys we have committed at present are good ones but we still have an alarming number of slots to fill.

Nick Saban age 63 born October 31, 1951

Ellis Johnson age 63 born December 21, 1951

So the difference is how much hair color a coach uses?

Nick Saban age 63 born October 31, 1951

Ellis Johnson age 63 born December 21, 1951

So the difference is how much hair color a coach uses?

Like Pete Carroll too - but let's not be facetious...Ellis's personality is like driftwood compared to Saban and Carroll

The lynch mob doesn't want to hear anything to do with reality. They only want to place blame, spew disinformation and for head's to roll.

Archived