***12/29/14 Updates - Outback Bowl***

RunInRed

Talking Duke Williams here ...

Other updates of note from Gus Malzahn's and Barry Alvarez's joint presser:

6_3331569.jpg

via Wade Rackley

Malzahn says OG Chad Slade returned home to attend a funeral. Will not practice but is expected to return to Tampa today.

Malzahn on discipline issues: "If you really look at the last few years, we're probably one of the most disciplined team off the field."

Gus Malzahn on the hiring of Will Muschamp: "The future's very bright on the defensive side of the football (at Auburn)."

Wisconsin's Alvarez: "It was important because the players asked me. That's what we're here for — the players. … I couldn't tell them no."

@AUBlog

Gus Malzahn: "A couple of hours after I heard we would play Wisconsin, I found out they would add a Hall of Fame coach to go with it."

The coaches were asked about both teams wearing white helmets, Malzahn says Auburn won't change things up Thursday simply to avoid confusion

Wisconsin's Barry Alvarez: "I think we've practiced well. After a few days, you start getting ready to play the game. They're anxious."

@wareagleextra

B6COEViIQAAdf_Z.jpg

Gus Malzahn: "I feel like we've had good preparation, good focus." Guys "flipped the switch" Sunday after enjoying off-field festivities

@bmarcello

LBs Cassanova McKinzy and Kris Frost are still weighing their NFL options, according to Malzahn.

@JLeeAU21

It counts: "If you win a bowl game, you have momentum all off-season," said Auburn's Gus Malzahn.

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on running back, and SEC leading rusher, Cameron Artis-Payne: "He's one of those tough guys. He'll be ready to play.

Gus Malzahn on Will Muschamp's evaluation: "Our urgency from our players has been extremely high. They've been trying to impress him."

@AUGoldMine

2016 commit Nate Craig ...

@NateCraig2016: Good to see them Auburn Tigers go after it today at practice with my bros @jay_fresh10 @jjohnson28FLA #WarEagle #BeatWisconsin

@NateCraig2016: Good to see them Auburn Tigers go after it today at practice with my bros @jay_fresh10 @jjohnson28FLA #WarEagle #BeatWisconsin

Do we know who those other Twitter handles belong to? Great work by the way. Awesome pics and updates

Do we know who those other Twitter handles belong to? Great work by the way. Awesome pics and updates

@jjohnson28FLA looks to be Former Purdue and Chargers CB Josh Johnson, he has a picture of the chargers jersey on his page and one of his background pics is of Josh Johnson at Purdue. @jay_fresh10 is Jacob Johnson a senior MLB at Pasco in Dade City, FL according to HUDL. Thats what I could find. Possibility that they are both related and friends with Nate but I have no clue. lol

Barry Alvarez looks like he is 80 years old. He comes across as being very set in his ways with doing things. He seems like the kind of AD that is controlling and micromanages the football program at Wisconsin. I think Jay Jacobs has realized that if he wants to stay the AD, he needs to operate in the far background and let his coaches for all athletics have the latitude to coach without having someone looking over their shoulder.

Archived