Steve Scalise

AUDub

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accept him ? It's a moot point. The voters of his state / district choose to accept him or not. The issue of acceptance is a red herring here.

Uhhhhhhhh, he is in a House leadership position. So, there, it is not a moot point. Just to you. Tell you what since you are the most adamant Scalise apologist here. Go find me proof that he spoke to a large African American group during the same year and I'll apologize.

"Aides to Boehner and McCarthy still haven’t answered specific questions about what their bosses knew and when they knew it, but perhaps even more troubling for them is that, as the two top House GOP officials rallied around Scalise, more damaging news emerged. It turns out that Scalise’s relationship with Duke’s top political hand, Kenneth Knight, was not just a flash in the pan at one specific event–it was a long-term relationship lasting several years, and involved the top aide to the former KKK head actually campaigning for Scalise on the ground in Louisiana to get him elected to the U.S. Congress. Also, in a twist of fate, by backing up Scalise, they’re actually siding with Duke—the former KKK Grand Wizard—who said Monday evening that he thinks Scalise shouldn’t face consequences like resignation over this.

A top GOP aide with longtime ties to the Louisiana GOP delegation told Breitbart News that rumors about Scalise’s close relationship with Duke’s top aide have been circling the rumor mill at high levels in Louisiana for years. The scandal surrounding Scalise isn’t the one event he spoke at—it’s the fact that he associated for years with people like Knight and Duke, despite knowing their racist backgrounds, and that those people influenced his political thoughts.

Another high-ranking GOP aide said that these developments about Scalise’s years-long relationship with the top official for the ex-KKK Grand Wizard will set back GOP efforts to approach black and minority communities."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/30/boehner-defends-scalise-as-more-ties-to-former-kkk-grand-wizard-emerge/

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said in an interview with Fusion on Monday that not only did House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) speak at a 2002 meeting of a group he led, but that the two of them also met on several occasions. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-duke-steve-scalise-speech

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said in an interview with Fusion on Monday that not only did House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) speak at a 2002 meeting of a group he led, but that the two of them also met on several occasions. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-duke-steve-scalise-speech

LOL. If Duke wants to cover for him he'd do better to shut his trap.

Another potential candidate, state Rep. Steve Scalise ®, said he embraces many of the same “conservative” views as Duke, but is far more viable.

“The novelty of David Duke has worn off,” said Scalise. “The voters in this district are smart enough to realize that they need to get behind someone who not only believes in the issues they care about, but also can get elected. Duke has proven that he can’t get elected, and that’s the first and most important thing.”

http://www3.blogs.rollcall.com/218/scalise-vitter-talked-to-roll-call-about-david-duke-in-1999/

And, Al Sharpton--he, the race-baiting profiteer and who reportedly owes the IRS 4.5 million---that's MILLION--in back taxes, has been to the White House 72 times in the 6 years Barack Obama has been president. Does that make Obama a racist or a tax evader?

And, Al Sharpton--he, the race-baiting profiteer and who reportedly owes the IRS 4.5 million---that's MILLION--in back taxes, has been to the White House 72 times in the 6 years Barack Obama has been president. Does that make Obama a racist or a tax evader?

Got any links for that?

What and who Steve Scalise talked to 12 years ago shouldn't matter one bit unless one can find obvious acts of discrimination by Scalise against any racial minorities in the past 12 years. After all, Barack Obama attended a church in Chicago pastored by none other than Jeremiah Wright, a known racist and anti-American, and attended this church for 22 years. If Scalise is going to be condemned for making one speach to a racist organization, what should be said about Obama?

Nothing! He's Lilly white and has never condoned Wright, Aires, or the others he has spent a few years with. ;)

Who's lily white? Barack Obama? He's 50% white, which does not constitute belng "lily white." If you are saying that Obama never condoned those guys, I don't recall him ever condemning them either. Yes, he quit Wright's church, but only after it was discovered that he attended it on a regular basis for 22 years.

He was speaking figuratively. Lily white as in unsullied.

That's exactly the way I understood it, "lily white" as in innocent. I also took autigeremt's commit as mostly sarcasm because of the "winky" emoticon.

Obama and Rev. Wright ? Bill Ayers ? Robert KKK Byrd even, all " acceptable " to the Left. But praise a person at their birthday party, or dare to speak in front of a group... deeds worse than mass murder.

Personally, while I lean to the left politically, I find none of those three "acceptable" in a political sense and would not vote for them. Of course, I also don't consider it acceptable to stereotype, generalize, or paint all members of a group (e.g., "the Left") with the same brush..

As for Scalise:

If I had a vote (i.e., resided in his Louisiana district), I would not make one speech 12 years ago the sole or most important factor in deciding my vote, but it would certainly be a factor in my decision making. It would also be a factor, and influence my bias, in my appraisal of his actions and/or any agenda behind them once in office. But I wouldn't define or "make or break" him based solely on that single speech or association. His more recent words and actions would be more significant in forming my opinion.

He's done nothing wrong, & you're on a witch hunt to crucify a guy for speaking to a group about TAXES !

Horrors!

Twelve years ago, huh? Thought police going deep these days aren't they? Meanwhile just a few years prior to that, 1995 to be exact, Bill Ayres was holding a fundraiser for Barack Obama. Im not sure that David Duke actually hurt anybody but Bill Ayres and his fellow domestic terrorists, Weathermen, bombed and killed for ideological reasons but you have no problem with that.

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” Young was quoted as saying. “[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”

Chicago-based blogger Maria Warren was also present. She wrote that she remembered watching Obama give a “standard, innocuous little talk” in the Ayers’ home.

“They were launching him,” Warren wrote, “introducing him to the Hyde Park community as the best thing since sliced bread.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/bill-ayers-confirms-what-obama-has-denied/#Rc99CrkAj5A8Gbvb.99

Call me crazy but I would argue that Obama's past associations are more problematic than the ones pointed out in the OP.

Twelve years ago, huh? Thought police going deep these days aren't they? Meanwhile just a few years prior to that, 1995 to be exact, Bill Ayres was holding a fundraiser for Barack Obama. Im not sure that David Duke actually hurt anybody but Bill Ayres and his fellow domestic terrorists, Weathermen, bombed and killed for ideological reasons but you have no problem with that.

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” Young was quoted as saying. “[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”

Chicago-based blogger Maria Warren was also present. She wrote that she remembered watching Obama give a “standard, innocuous little talk” in the Ayers’ home.

“They were launching him,” Warren wrote, “introducing him to the Hyde Park community as the best thing since sliced bread.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/bill-ayers-confirms-what-obama-has-denied/#Rc99CrkAj5A8Gbvb.99

Call me crazy but I would argue that Obama's past associations are more problematic than the ones pointed out in the OP.

Blue defending David Duke. Not surprised.

Anyone ever think that, had he actually said that silly David Duke comment, it would be reported...oh. WHEN IT WAS SAID ???

I call b.s. on this ' reporter '.

Conservatives do not need to agree with every criticism made by black Americans of law enforcement and our justice system, but they do need, at a bare minimum, to consider them. They need to acknowledge that they exist.

They need to listen.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul has listened. He even agrees that black Americanshave a point about racism and our current system. The conservative reaction? Paul has been called “anti-cop,” accused of “pandering” and worse.

So much for minority outreach.

Politics is tribal. The dynamic of conservatives vs. liberals and Republicans vs. Democrats isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

But in the past few months since Ferguson erupted, and the last week in particular, it has felt a lot more like conservatives vs. blacks—that the right thinks African Americans don’t have a point, an argument, or even a side worth considering when it comes to these controversies.

I hope I’m wrong.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-rights-race-deafness/

Just so we are clear on the feeling of the faux conservatives:

Obama panders by visiting with community organizers, Bill Ayers = OMG!!!!!!!!!

Scalise panders by visiting with white supremists group, David Duke = it's all good...

Just so we are clear on the feeling of the faux conservatives:

Obama panders by visiting with community organizers, Bill Ayers = OMG!!!!!!!!!

Scalise panders by visiting with white supremists group, David Duke = it's all good...

Ayers was a violent terrorist. Hell yes, OMG.

Scalise made a grand total of ONE speech, about taxes, to a group.

One.

Obama was in Rev Wright's anti- America church for 22 years.

Much ado about nothing, folks.

And his relationship with David Duke?

That's a plus for Raptor.

There IS no relationship. None.

But thanks for the lie, TT. It's what you do best.

You defend him so vigorously.

You defend him so vigorously.

I'm sorry, but if it's NOT a lie, then post where he supported Duke.

Cite it. right here. Please.

Conservatives do not need to agree with every criticism made by black Americans of law enforcement and our justice system, but they do need, at a bare minimum, to consider them. They need to acknowledge that they exist.

They need to listen.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul has listened. He even agrees that black Americanshave a point about racism and our current system. The conservative reaction? Paul has been called “anti-cop,” accused of “pandering” and worse.

So much for minority outreach.

Politics is tribal. The dynamic of conservatives vs. liberals and Republicans vs. Democrats isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

But in the past few months since Ferguson erupted, and the last week in particular, it has felt a lot more like conservatives vs. blacks—that the right thinks African Americans don’t have a point, an argument, or even a side worth considering when it comes to these controversies.

I hope I’m wrong.

http://www.theameric...-race-deafness/

Appears to be three personal opinions. But somehow they speak for all conservatives?

As to the author's attempt at a hit piece, he is wrong. I just don't buy it. But nice attempt I guess?

TexasTiger - Still waiting for you to show where Scalice supported David Duke. Cites, quotes.. please, provide them.

And while you're at it, back up your claim that anyone supporting Duke would be a plus for me,

Bearing false witness is what you're doing here. And you know it.

Archived