Steve Scalise

AUDub

Sharpton and Jackson also blackmail large corporations into giving them boat loads of money, under the threats of protest , negative PR and boycotts. They literally act like the mafia as they shake down legitimate businesses. for protection $. Why do you think that lady from SONY went running to Sharpton as soon as her e-mails were released ? She wanted shelter.

Link?

Be less vague.

Link. Cite. Or retract. PROVE IT !

I will say, this isn't a view Raptor came up with on his own. Jackson and Sharpton have long been accused of privately threatening big, public racial boycotts that suddenly disappear with a "contribution" to their organizations:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2001-03-31/news/0103300813_1_citizenship-education-fund-jesse-jackson-rev-jackson

http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21NVBorelliJackson90708.html

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/jesse-jackson-accused-shaking-down-toyota

http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2006/jackson-report.pdf

So we'd agree my thoughts about rush Limbaugh didn't just come from me as well right? But you don't know what raptor has been doing, I'm exposing him if this was something to refute his view he would merely now say this is from people with biased views go to Jesse Jackson.com and show me something from his cite or it's not true....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deflecting not to cite? That's funny, but when all the deflecting is done...prove it, provide a link, cite it, or retract.

It's been proven. Links provided above. No retraction forthcoming.

Next.

You shut up for a day that was good enough, and I really don't care about Sharpton or Jackson point is it's easy to get on this board and do you and demand everybody for references when you can't do so for yourself but I will be demanding them from now on. If you can post Sharpton is the biggest racist without links don't ask me for links if I say Rush Limbaugh is. Period.

I never called Sharpton the biggest racist. You called Rush that, with less than zero evidence.

And you exposed nothing. The cite you gave per Rush was unsupported. I exposed YOU, & you're still oblivious to the facts.

Off topic - Just had some home made Ethiopian food, dinner w/ my neighbors. Very nice couple. Great stuff, no utensils, just used our hands.. Lamb, some really fluffy tortilla like bread, and home made cheese... amazing. Anyone who gets the opportunity to try some authentic home made dishes, by all means, don't miss the opportunity.

Ted Kennedy worked w/ the Commie Russians to subvert Reagan.

All this guy did was meet, once, w/ this group. There's nothing else to suggest he's " associated " with them, is there ?

Loser Dems are grasping at any straw they can find.

Nothing more.

True. Still punch drunk from the spanking in last election.

• 2 weeks later...

"Six years before he spoke to a white supremacist group, while he was a state legislator, House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) voted against a resolution apologizing for slavery, according to a 1996 article from New Orleans's Times-Picayune.

Scalise later backed a watered-down version that expressed “regret” for slavery. But the article identifies him as one of two lawmakers on the Louisiana House and Governmental Affairs Committee who tried to kill the original resolution, which apologized to African-Americans for the state’s role “in the establishment and maintenance of the institution of slavery.” http://thehill.com/homenews/house/229309-scalise-voted-against-apology-for-slavery-in-1996

Ok..... for similar actions, statements and outright violations of the law, let's kick Scalise out along with Menendez, Rangel, et., and get Sharpton out of the WH as an advisor, Heck let's impeach Obama for all his lies and Holder for not enforcing the law and perjury. Shoot let's just clean house in the VA, IRS, etc.

Ok..... for similar actions, statements and outright violations of the law, let's kick Scalise out along with Menendez, Rangel, et., and get Sharpton out of the WH as an advisor, Heck let's impeach Obama for all his lies and Holder for not enforcing the law and perjury. Shoot let's just clean house in the VA, IRS, etc.

You are like a hamster on a wheel. Lots of words that go nowhere. None of those people mentioned are Republicans.

And I worry about a Navy guy who can't read. Where did I say they were Republicans. Isn't what's good for the gander (Scalise) good for the geese (the guys I mentioned.)

• 3 weeks later...

David Duke Says He Might Run For Congress Against “Sell Out” Steve Scalise:

Now Duke, who initially was supportive of Scalise, calling him a “nice guy” to the Washington Post, says he is a “sellout” for apologizing for speaking to the group over a decade ago.

“Steve Scalise, let me tell you something, this is the way I view it now: I mean this guy is a sellout. I mean he’s a sellout. He’s not David. He used to say that he was David Duke of course without the baggage, whatever that means,” Duke told Louisiana radio host Jim Engster of the Jim Engster Show Wednesday.

“The New York Times admitted that the Republican Party won office and got control of the United States House of Representatives, essentially on my political issues. Opposed to the massive illegal immigration, the issues of welfare reform, so many other issues that I’ve talked about, and but the difference is with someone like me Steve Scalise, or David Vitter, you know the prostitution king. The difference between myself and those guys is that I did not sellout. I’ve never sold out…” http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/david-duke-says-he-might-run-for-congress-against-sell-out-s?utm_term=.pnyxnDrY7#.hsraBeR77

• 4 weeks later...

Scalise says he'll go to Selma 'next year'

scalisesteve_010715francisrivera.jpg?itok=KLFu99MO

Francis Rivera

By Mike Lillis and Scott Wong - 02/26/15 07:03 PM EST

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise has declined entreaties from black lawmakers to attend next week's civil rights ceremonies in Selma, Ala.

Leaders of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) had urged the Louisiana Republican to participate in the events commemorating the watershed 1965 march as a way to mend fences following news that he'd given a speech before a white supremacist group as a state lawmaker in 2002.

But Scalise said Thursday that, while he's made”"no final decisions,” he likely won't be making the trip.

“We've talked to them about going,” he told The Hill. “We're definitely going next year.”

The news has frustrated CBC leaders, who saw Scalise's participation this year as a public gesture of atonement and camaraderie with the black community in the wake of past missteps.

Scalise churned headlines in December after a Louisiana-based blogger reported that, as a state lawmaker 12 years earlier, the No. 3 House Republican had addressed the European-American Unity and Rights Organization, a racist group founded by former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke.

Subsequent reports uncovered earlier votes he'd made against resolutions apologizing for slavery and creating the Martin Luther King, Jr., holiday.

Scalise issued a statement saying the speech was a “mistake I regret,” but he's been largely silent on the topic since then.

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) said he was “disappointed” that Scalise won't attend the event, which marks the 50th anniversary of the famous march, in which Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) took part.

“I think it would have been good for him to come to demonstrate, for optics more than anything else, his commitment to equality and that he has no racial hostilities,” Cleaver, who formerly headed the CBC, said Thursday.

Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) echoed that message, arguing that Scalise “needs to do a lot of things” to repair his image in the eyes of minorities. A visit to Selma, Thompson said, would be a good start.

“He has significant relationship-building [to do], especially with the black community,” Thompson said. “Anything that he can show that will paint him in a different light can only be positive for him.”

Scalise is not alone among GOP leaders, as Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.), head of the House Republican Conference, will also not attend the events in Selma next week.

CBC Chairman G.K. Butterfield (D-N.C.), who had also urged Scalise to attend the Selma events, said 22 Republicans have committed to the trip. He's holding out hope that GOP leaders will still decide to join the group.

“Hopefully they’re still trying to arrange their schedules so they can attend,” Butterfield told The Hill this week.

The March 7, 1965, march in Selma marked a watershed moment in the civil rights movement after the participants, en route to Montgomery to protest black inequality at the polls, were attacked by state police and other opponents of their cause. Lewis, now a 15-term congressman, was beaten savagely.

Dubbed “Bloody Sunday,” the march catalyzed the passage of the landmark Voting Rights Act just months later.

Some CBC members, noting the connection between Selma and voting rights, argued that those lawmakers traveling to Alabama for next week's ceremonies should be ready to vote in support of broader voting rights when they return to Congress.

“I disagree with people who would go and use this solemn occasion to simply perform a photo-op and try to make political hay out of it,” Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) said Thursday, “but then come back here and refuse to vote for the Voting Rights Act of 2015.”

Archived