What happened to OM?

auburn4ever

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They bombed out!

My couple of observations.

1) Bo Wallace is not that good when facing elite defenses.

2) ole miss does not have a top of SEC running game. No real threat in backfield.

3) Laquon Treadwell was most of their offense (obviously) and they become very non threatening.

4) uninspired. No clue why.

5) over-rated?

TCU was for real and they got hosed being left out of the playoff.

Bingo. Bird wins again.

If anything ole miss tanking it in ATL probably helps AU from a recruiting standpoint with the 2016 class. (Barring any catastrophic meltdowns on our behalf tomorrow as well)

Exactly. Can't wait to see the BSPN's of the world spin this one.

TCU is for real

Ole Miss has no offensive line

Ole Miss has no running game

Ole Miss' top 2 WRs out

Ole Miss has QB that is turnover crazy when forced to make plays, and just in general.

All that being said. I still think the Ole Miss defense played well tonight considering their opponent.

THIS, over and over again. I think TCU would have handled uat.

Couldn't agree more. I was shocked when they got left out. If Ohio State lays an egg tomorrow, some folks in Texas are gonna start asking questions.

Yep, and yet again we will be left with a mythical national champion because of it.

Meh ... more like this will start the drumbeat to expand the playoff to 8 (which I wanted to see from the start, btw.)

Yep, and yet again we will be left with a mythical national champion because of it.

Meh ... more like this will start the drumbeat to expand the playoff to 8 (which I wanted to see from the start, btw.)

That drum beat started the day they announced they were going to a 4 team playoff. hate the idea of more teams. There's no way to make everybody happy. Someone will always complain.

You will always get complaints about someone getting left out but I'd rather it be the #9 team bitching about it. We get complaints even about the basketball tournament. I still think we are headed for the superconference model which will pretty much end the discussion anyway.

Exactly. Can't wait to see the BSPN's of the world spin this one.

Did anyone catch Finebaum' comments when the 4 teams in were announced? He said that the committee got it right and OSU deserved to be in the playoff. The announcer then asked him who he felt had the best chance to beat bama. Finebaum said something to the effect of "well the two teams who probably have the best chance aren't in the playoff, Baylor and TCU, so I would have to say Oregon (I think is who he said)".

TCU set out to make a statement; I know many of the Ole Miss players were enjoying the week and Atl night life. They were not focused on playing football and maybe a little hung over. Hope our guys come ready to play and not embarrass themselves.

Yep. And they made a statement today.

Said this ever since they were left out. Bama dodged a bullet

THIS, over and over again. I think TCU would have handled uat.

They really dodged a bullet by not getting TCU.

Archived