What happened to OM?

auburn4ever

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Hugh Freeze just get a pay increase where he will make $4 million or more per year? Gus should be making substantially more than Freeze IMHO.

And in breaking news.... Ole Miss & Miss State woke up & remembered that they were ........Ole Miss & Miss State. Guess they can always use the tahd's excuse that they were down cause they weren't playing for the National Championship, LOL

Didn't Hugh Freeze just get a pay increase where he will make $4 million or more per year? Gus should be making substantially more than Freeze IMHO.

It's a joke. Freeze is overpaid. He should have jumped at the Flordia job when he had the chance because he just got demolished today against TCU. Without a running game and a much better QB, Ole Miss won't win anything for the $4 million they're paying Freeze.

TCU was for real and they got hosed being left out of the playoff.

I agree. BIG mistake leaving out the Frogs.

I feel like it's the BIG12's fault they got left out by not having a championship game. I think that's the only reason OSU is in there because they whooped up on Wisky in the conference championship. TCU definitely got hosed and their defense is as good as any I've seen this year in NCAAF.

I feel like it's the BIG12's fault they got left out by not having a championship game. I think that's the only reason OSU is in there because they whooped up on Wisky in the conference championship. TCU definitely got hosed and their defense is as good as any I've seen this year in NCAAF.

I think the lack of a conference championship is just an excuse made up by the talking heads on TV. In the end, it all came down to national brand. If OU or UT had been in TCU or Baylors position, they would have been in the playoff. "The" Ohio State University brand is perceived to be better than the TCU brand. Out of all the teams, I thought TCU had the best chance to beat Oregon. They are probably the most complete team I have seen all year with a very good defense and a dynamic offense. They were motivated to show the world that they got hosed and Ole Miss was the recipient.

I think the lack of a conference championship is just an excuse made up by the talking heads on TV. In the end, it all came down to national brand. If OU or UT had been in TCU or Baylors position, they would have been in the playoff. "The" Ohio State University brand is perceived to be better than the TCU brand. Out of all the teams, I thought TCU had the best chance to beat Oregon. They are probably the most complete team I have seen all year with a very good defense and a dynamic offense. They were motivated to show the world that they got hosed and Ole Miss was the recipient.

So all of the playoff committee members from the SEC, Big 10, Pac 12, etc...were concerned about national brand and wanted TCU left out?

Frankly, I find it hard to believe but what I do believe is that they and the national media were conned by the Power 5 BS and especially by the SEC mystique of superiority. I expect that myth has been thoroughly debunked by now however, and in the future the top SEC teams will not automatically get a bye into the top 5 as most of us did this season.

Meanwhile, who in the SEC thought OM was that good to begin with even before the injuries? Their win over Bama was the only really good win for the season IMO...and MSU? as noted, both Miss. teams back to their normal condition.

No doubt TCU is the real thing but one game does not make a season (or should not) and despite it's play against OM, they barely beat Oklahoma, Kansas and West Virginia (4 points or less) and Baylor hung 60 on them. I think the game tells us more about how bad OM is/was an not necessarily that TCU is the best team in the country as some would have us believe.

So...if AU goes out and lays an egg against Wisky like several other SEC teams have done thus far, what will that mean about the SEC....and the real state of AU football?

No doubt TCU is the real thing but one game does not make a season (or should not) and despite it's play against OM, they barely beat Oklahoma, Kansas and West Virginia (4 points or less) and Baylor hung 60 on them. I think the game tells us more about how bad OM is/was an not necessarily that TCU is the best team in the country as some would have us believe.

The point is, they belong in the conversation more than OSU. The above mentioned teams are better than what OSU faced besides maybe Michigan State and possibly Wisky.

The point is, they belong in the conversation more than OSU. The above mentioned teams are better than what OSU faced besides maybe Michigan State and possibly Wisky.

Possibly but I would have swapped FSU for TCU....so lots of opinions about that. BUT...when OSU slammed Wisky for the conference championship, it was a done deal in my view. So let's see how AU does with Wisky...

Guest jojo1515

What happened to Ole Miss? They got beat down. Simple as that. Beat down by a much better team.

Two words answers the while thead

Bo Wallace

The entire OM fan base is celebrating today that BW will never play another down of organized football.

What happened to Ole Miss? They got beat down. Simple as that. Beat down by a much better team.

Two words answers the while thead

Bo Wallace

The entire OM fan base is celebrating today that BW will never play another down of organized football.

TRue...instead of the "bad Bo"...the "awful Bo" showed up and he was worse than most OM fans could have imagined.

It was awful, and I am celebrating his departure, but fearful of who will replace him.

I think his replacement was to be a guy named Kelly who is out on bail or something...same guy that got booted from Clemson and before he even got going at OM he was in pretty serious trouble. You would think Freeze could attract a good QB with his offensive style but not yet....

It was awful, and I am celebrating his departure, but fearful of who will replace him.

I think his replacement was to be a guy named Kelly who is out on bail or something...same guy that got booted from Clemson and before he even got going at OM he was in pretty serious trouble. You would think Freeze could attract a good QB with his offensive style but not yet....

You would think.

Possibly but I would have swapped FSU for TCU....so lots of opinions about that. BUT...when OSU slammed Wisky for the conference championship, it was a done deal in my view. So let's see how AU does with Wisky...

The undefeated defending national champion is not getting left out.

So all of the playoff committee members from the SEC, Big 10, Pac 12, etc...were concerned about national brand and wanted TCU left out?

Frankly, I find it hard to believe but what I do believe is that they and the national media were conned by the Power 5 BS and especially by the SEC mystique of superiority. I expect that myth has been thoroughly debunked by now however, and in the future the top SEC teams will not automatically get a bye into the top 5 as most of us did this season.

Meanwhile, who in the SEC thought OM was that good to begin with even before the injuries? Their win over Bama was the only really good win for the season IMO...and MSU? as noted, both Miss. teams back to their normal condition.

So...if AU goes out and lays an egg against Wisky like several other SEC teams have done thus far, what will that mean about the SEC....and the real state of AU football?

One of the Dumbest post ever, final score does not indicate that the game was close, just a couple of scores late to make it respectable. With the exception of ku. And very smart to leave the UNDEFEATED defending champ out of the playoffs! Only u can come up with that one, boy I'm glad it's not left up to u

Yep, and yet again we will be left with a mythical national champion because of it.

Meh ... more like this will start the drumbeat to expand the playoff to 8 (which I wanted to see from the start, btw.)

That drum beat started the day they announced they were going to a 4 team playoff. hate the idea of more teams. There's no way to make everybody happy. Someone will always complain.

If we're going to have a playoff then let's have a complete one with all the power 5 champions and 3 at-large teams. Make the Commitee's primary job to determine the 3 best at-large teams & seed them all 1-8. Period. That's the fairest & simplest way to do it. Clearly (this year,) both TCU & Baylor got equally hosed simply because of the number 4.

Sorry WE6....I thought we wanted the four BEST teams....maybe you are correct but FSU has to prove it tonight I'm not so sure they are one of them.

Archived