Braden Smith

RunInRed

I think I would take my chances with a backup LBer who prefers to do his hitting between the lines.

I agree. Starters then figure out it is hard to get to the NFL sitting on the bench. Behavior Modification.

You will see benching next year from WM. I go back to the first day of practice. He had a look on his face that, to me anyway, showed he realized how much work he had to do. He is going to earn every penny of that salary.

You can't bench your LB when you don't have depth. Defense is weak and shallow.

Yes you can. Sit a star half a game and you may correct the problem. Let them know they are are above the rules and you may loose your last 5 games.

One reason the defense is weak is because they are not Disiplined. Allowing a player to commit late hit after late hit after late hit and cost his team 15yards after 15 yards after 15 yards and then not bench him only makes your defense........ Well.. It makes you what our defense is now. If you want to call it that.

The last half of the 4th quarter of the season is too late to get discipline minded. At that point you must go with your best.

I saw frost get pulled for two plays.

Linebacker unit is garbage, so of course Frost will go back out there. The O line has better depth and Gus could afford to pull Braden Smith.

I feel if this is true, why doesn't this hold to Coleman?

Linebacker unit is garbage, so of course Frost will go back out there. The O line has better depth and Gus could afford to pull Braden Smith.

Good question.

Nobody in the game thread said anything about Smith's mistakes. Before he played though he should take every o lineman we had spot....

His mistakes Were pointed out. That's what started this discussion about being pulled. Smith seems to be the only one held accountable. He actually played well outside his false start.

Maybe Gus just wanted the true freshman to have a critical learning experience. Kind of like Roc getting yanked in the iron bowl.

No individual is greater than the program. Even if it cost a game, which it wouldn't(no defensive player on this team was that valuable) the program going forward must be first priority, The players will learn the boundaries and the program will be better for it.

Maybe Gus just wanted the true freshman to have a critical learning experience. Kind of like Roc getting yanked in the iron bowl.

Could be but you have to wonder about stuff like this...same guys making mistakes all year and nothing appears to happen to them....late hits, dropped passes or whatever....so maybe in the case of Braden it was just a change of plays that did not involve him being on the field. Sometimes we might read too much into the coach's actions.

Archived