Feel for Adams

AuburnSpider

You are dead on. The amount of times our guys waited till the ball carrier or receiver was past them before making an effort to tackle them was staggering and that goes for the guys at the LOS and the secondary. I am not saying I would have the guts to commit my body to flying around into these guys but then again I'm not a player on the Auburn football team. I think that the defense lacked the attitude necessary to be violent and aggressive which is required of a good defense. I expect that WM will bring that attitude back to our team and Im looking forward to it. Its hard to stomach the performance of the defense this year especially when you are an alum and attended AU from 99 to 03 when we had some GREAT defenses that NO ONE wanted to face. Heck everyone looked forward to padding their stats against us this year!!

One other comment, I remember Cass's first year when he got on the field he might end up in the wrong spot but Ill be damned if he wasn't flying to the ball and laying violent hits/tackles. That attitude and way of playing has been taught out of him or something. Or maybe I'm wrong and he quit playing that way because of the toll it was going to take on his body? Either way, I for one would rather watch that style and attitude of play and accept the missed assignments than whatever it is that Auburn has going now where they still have blown assignments and no edge to them.

Archived