Outback Bowl Postgame Thread

PCBAuburnaFan

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You score 30 you should win. In the last two seasons we've lost 4 games after scoring 30 or more. Before that we hadn't done it since the 90s.

Legitimate dumpster fire of a game there. There isn't a soul in an Auburn jersey or coach that doesn't need to look in the mirror. Just ridiculous.

First and foremost, we need a kicker. This kid just doesn't have "it". This isn't Tuscalooser and I don't want to be...our kickers don't suck...either work your butt off and get better or be replaced.

OT offensive series was crap, didn't even give us a chance to win it. Our O tanks sometimes at the worst times and for no apparent reason other than odd play calling.

When it comes right down to it, our defense combines stupid with lack of heart and toughness. It took them 4 qtrs to decide to give a rat's behind. Too little, too late. We've got guys who believe their press clippings. Too busy thinking about NFL bucks to play football.

Why after the louis touchdown did we not go deep the rest of the game?

Bubble screens have to stop. I'm going to snap one day when I see those. It's sad how the commentators kept talking about how predictable we are on offense

Call me a troll if you want but a play that hasn't worked since TXam 2 years ago. That's what u call????? In OT?? Get to the middle of the field .

Sorry to see Nick go out like that. What a great player. He did everything he could and made just about every throw today. Gus should have let him do his thing one last time. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in the NFL. He has a lot of upside if someone can take him on as a project.

The bleeping bubble screen hasn't worked in 2 years.

Amen.

I hate to admit it but I have my doubts about Malzahn. Say what you want but the play calling in overtime was absolutely atrocious. I don't understand how an offensive guru could call a bubble screen followed by a trick throwback to the QB when then the game is on the line......................I am speachless.

Overall, I have been impressed with what Gus has accomplished during his career but I said it when he was hired and I'll say it again................I'm not convinced that he is the coach that can take us to the next level.

Flame me if you want but I am not a fan of Malzahn, at the moment.

Yeah, the D got gashed all night, but anyone wanting to hang the game on them needs to pause. They held for two straight FG to end the game. Gus couldn't get our O in the endzone and our kicker failed at the only job he has--line up and kick a football through the uprights a handful of times a game.

The play calling....wow. Sammie is playing hurt why try a screen with him? Why don't we ever spread the d out with 5 wide or something and then let Nick run....That running counter play where the guard pulls worked every single time we used it this year....Why not use that?

Wisconsin outplayed Auburn in every facet of the game except passing offense. The *only* thing that kept this game close was the 3 INTs from Wisconsin trying to throw the ball. If they had just kept it on the ground, they'd have won by 3 touchdowns.

The Auburn D was terrible. People have jumped on me all year, because I've been pointing to the clear fact that Rodney Garner is a good recruiter but a poor position coach. It all starts up front. It was not a lack of talent on the line, it was coaching failure. Let's hope Muschamp makes the change that is required.

The bleeping bubble screen hasn't worked in 2 years.

It's the easiest play in football to defend unless you are the Auburn defense.

^^^This!!! It drives me nuts how we run that play so ineffectively and opposing teams run it against us so effectively!!!!

People questioning Gus have to be trolls of some sort. Offense scored 31. Would've been a lot more with a mediocre defense, just couldn't grt back on the field. Wisconsin made a couple of plays in OT when we didn't. That's football. It should jave never got to that point.

Im sorry but if you dont think Gus' playcalling has been suspect at times this season idk what to tell you. Repeated screens that havent worked all game, wrap around draw that hasnt worked in years, but yet to no CAP or jet sweep to ricardo that worked?

Not every play works everytime. Screens have worked as often as they have not. Just like a run up the middle. Sometimes for one yard, other times for a huge gain. 31 points should win you a game. How many times did we punt? Maybe 4?. No turnovers either. You can't expect to be a NC contender when you have a defense giving up 33 plus the last 6 games of the year.

You score 30 you should win. In the last two seasons we've lost 4 games after scoring 30 or more. Before that we hadn't done it since the 90s.

No, not at all. This is a team, not individual units and play calling as well as clock management should deflect our deficiencies, not intensify them.

we have a great offense, good qb, wrs. why not throw a pass to the sticks. especially after the 1st down loss. the throwback was a terrible call. that said our d is beyond bad. we have a whole offseason to hope for improved d.

I don't even know what "Auburn Fast" even is other than a myth. We don't seem to play fast and haven't all year. I see lots of teams that play faster than us. Not sure what our offensive identity is really. Just kinda jumbled and hit or miss.

Yeah, the D got gashed all night, but anyone wanting to hang the game on them needs to pause. They held for two straight FG to end the game. Gus couldn't get our O in the endzone and our kicker failed at the only job he has--line up and kick a football through the uprights a handful of times a game.

calm down a little bit there, hes only a freshman. If you remember Josh Vaughn missed 5 or 6 against LSU and by the end of his career was considered one of the best kickers in the country

When it comes right down to it, our defense combines stupid with lack of heart and toughness. It took them 4 qtrs to decide to give a rat's behind. Too little, too late. We've got guys who believe their press clippings. Too busy thinking about NFL bucks to play football.

I forget, what year was it you were an all-SEC linebacker? I remember your heart and dedication on the field and the way you never made a mistake. You are truly an inspiration to us all. You would not say one word of that to anyone on the team including the kickers. It sucks we lost and had a disappointing season but this questioning the heart and toughness of our guys just rubs me wrong.

Horrible defense. No pass rush; couldn't even get to QB when we blitzed. Dline was getting pushed back. Linebackers mediocre. Got some luck on tipped balls but still weak defending against the pass.

Offense was OK but zone-read is no longer in our game plan I guess. Duke being out and Sammy hurt really hurt. Oline was OK but not dominating. Play calling 3rd quarter and in the red zone was very questionable once again. Wish we had Chubb although CAP was fine. But our running game hasn't been as versatile partly because CGM goes with one back.

I am very concerned about a few things; really concerned about our recruiting as the league has more parity. I don't mean to sound like a broken record but our recruiting at the receiver position is a concern. This game showed how weak we are without Sammy and Duke. (Thank goodness Duke is coming back) We need to bring in Burt.

Our D recruiting is horrendous and I'm sorry but that is on RG. Whether he is a good coach or not others can determine but he has not been able to bring i the Dline recruits this year. Hopefully Muschamp can pull in Cowart. We need good SEC caliber linebackers bad. Don't know that Holland is it but may be the only one left we have a chance to land. Our 2015 class is not what it should be and even if we are able to pull in Cowart and Burt, it's still not strong enough to compete against UAT and UGA.

At least we beat them in bowling........ jk... this sucks. Bright side is Mincy is gone. If Muschamp improves this D, he should coach of the year. Just sayin.....

Why after the louis touchdown did we not go deep the rest of the game?

Bubble screens have to stop. I'm going to snap one day when I see those. It's sad how the commentators kept talking about how predictable we are on offense

Coates was just a decoy?

Archived