Outback Bowl Postgame Thread

PCBAuburnaFan

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muschamp walked into a bad situation.

That is why he is paid well. How much worse is this situation than any others he could have taken? He know AU, now he know what we need. I expect great improvement next year.

People questioning Gus have to be trolls of some sort. Offense scored 31. Would've been a lot more with a mediocre defense, just couldn't grt back on the field. Wisconsin made a couple of plays in OT when we didn't. That's football. It should jave never got to that point.

Im sorry but if you dont think Gus' playcalling has been suspect at times this season idk what to tell you. Repeated screens that havent worked all game, wrap around draw that hasnt worked in years, but yet to no CAP or jet sweep to ricardo that worked?

Not every play works everytime. Screens have worked as often as they have not. Just like a run up the middle. Sometimes for one yard, other times for a huge gain. 31 points should win you a game. How many times did we punt? Maybe 4?. No turnovers either. You can't expect to be a NC contender when you have a defense giving up 33 plus the last 6 games of the year.

The bubble screen has worked this year? I think I missed that..... to say the WR screens have worked out as often as they have not is absurd.

You miss a lot. It's ok though. There are reasons we do bubble screens. If you need that to be explained I dont have time. If you feel the need to question an offense that had over 400yds and 31 points I can't help you.

lol yea ok, sorry that I feel that this was a team loss, not just one phase. Sorry you cant understand that

Nope, I can't. I accept your apology though. What I cant understand is giving up over 400yds rushing. WE

It's just sad to me when the sideline reporter says wisky is fired up and Auburn is not.This was the deference in the game.The desire to win they had it, we didn't.

Yeah, the D got gashed all night, but anyone wanting to hang the game on them needs to pause. They held for two straight FG to end the game. Gus couldn't get our O in the endzone and our sorry kicker failed at the only job he has--line up and kick a football through the uprights a handful of times a game.

calm down a little bit there, hes only a freshman. If you remember Josh Vaughn missed 5 or 6 against LSU and by the end of his career was considered one of the best kickers in the country

Being a freshman gets you a pass?

He kicked one head height vs A&M...that cost us a 10 point swing and led to a loss.

Blows two today...and we lose in OT.

Is what it is. He's and heck of a lot better than I am, but kicking at a 75% clip isn't Auburn-esque.

He needs some serious work...

Some forget he was the only special teams kicker we had that was worth a dang this year....

A&M O doesnt make two dumb mistakes we dont lose that game, Defense shows up we dont lose that game.

you also act like they were two horrible misses when they werent. Hes going to be a good one by the time hes done.

Sorry he was 17-21 coming into this game as a true freshman

It's just sad to me when the sideline reporter says wisky is fired up and Auburn is not.This was the deference in the game.The desire to win they had it, we didn't.

All boils down to this

Gus has said several times after more than one game that his play calling was too conservative..he didn't particularly use the term "cute". The throwback to Nick had no chance and it was not time to be cute. All I can say is I want to be optimistic that maybe with a new QB to build his offense around, there will be less trickery and more straightforward play calling and coaching.

People questioning Gus have to be trolls of some sort. Offense scored 31. Would've been a lot more with a mediocre defense, just couldn't grt back on the field. Wisconsin made a couple of plays in OT when we didn't. That's football. It should jave never got to that point.

Im sorry but if you dont think Gus' playcalling has been suspect at times this season idk what to tell you. Repeated screens that havent worked all game, wrap around draw that hasnt worked in years, but yet to no CAP or jet sweep to ricardo that worked?

Not every play works everytime. Screens have worked as often as they have not. Just like a run up the middle. Sometimes for one yard, other times for a huge gain. 31 points should win you a game. How many times did we punt? Maybe 4?. No turnovers either. You can't expect to be a NC contender when you have a defense giving up 33 plus the last 6 games of the year.

The bubble screen has worked this year? I think I missed that..... to say the WR screens have worked out as often as they have not is absurd.

You miss a lot. It's ok though. There are reasons we do bubble screens. If you need that to be explained I dont have time. If you feel the need to question an offense that had over 400yds and 31 points I can't help you.

lol yea ok, sorry that I feel that this was a team loss, not just one phase. Sorry you cant understand that

Nope, I can't. I accept your apology though. What I cant understand is giving up over 400yds rushing. WE

Sorry its a team game bud. Thats why there are 3 phases not 1, WE

Only marginal improvement and Boom looks like a freaking D genius....and goodness knows....it couldn't be any worse than it has been..

Best thing I can say?

Mercifully, it is over..

Best wishes to all, thanks for the efforts, look forward to brighter days , soon.

We will be lucky to be ranked in top twenty preseason

who cares. We can finish in the top 4.

that is the thing with Auburn. We haven't been able to do well when we have high expectations. Next year we won't be discussed as a contender so who knows.

Yeah, the D got gashed all night, but anyone wanting to hang the game on them needs to pause. They held for two straight FG to end the game. Gus couldn't get our O in the endzone and our kicker failed at the only job he has--line up and kick a football through the uprights a handful of times a game.

calm down a little bit there, hes only a freshman. If you remember Josh Vaughn missed 5 or 6 against LSU and by the end of his career was considered one of the best kickers in the country

He kicked one head height vs A&M...that cost us a 10 point swing and led to a loss.

Is what it is. He's and heck of a lot better than I am, but kicking at a 75% clip isn't Auburn-esque.

Some forget he was the only special teams kicker we had that was worth a dang this year....

A&M O doesnt make two dumb mistakes we dont lose that game, Defense shows up we dont lose that game.

you also act like they were two horrible misses when they werent. Hes going to be a good one by the time hes done.

Sorry he was 17-21 coming into this game as a true freshman

Tell me the difference between a horrible miss and a close miss? Neither put points on the board

Just how overrated is Gus. Some of the most ridiculous play calling in overtime I've ever seen. Down goes another SECw team.

Overrated...

Carlson is a dam fine kicker. Team loss. From coaches to players to fans . We all suck today

This isn't an insult by any means, but where does this statement come from? The one "damn fine" game he had was vs Alabama.

Sorry its a team game bud. Thats why there are 3 phases not 1, WE

It is a team game. One phase did their job. The side CGM has the most influence over. I just think it's idiotic to question him at this time. Not going to blame Carlson, but we all know what we have had on defense all year

Context: Ohio State beat Wisconsin 59-0 with their 3rd string quarterback. We might be farther away from competing for championships than anyone realizes.

Yeah, the D got gashed all night, but anyone wanting to hang the game on them needs to pause. They held for two straight FG to end the game. Gus couldn't get our O in the endzone and our kicker failed at the only job he has--line up and kick a football through the uprights a handful of times a game.

So do you. Quit calling players "sorry."

Context: Ohio State beat Wisconsin 59-0 with their 3rd string quarterback. We might be farther away from competing for championships than anyone realizes.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. This was one of the worst performances defensively all year that I have ever seen. We couldn't blitz, couldn't tackle, poor pursuit lanes .... the only saving grace was the random times we were in place that we intercepted the ball. If Harbaugh was the defensive coordinator, then we obviously found where the problem was to begin with. I don't want to believe we didn't have the talent, but the lack of pass rush the whole game was just a microcosme of the issues we have had all year.

We have enough offense to win every game. We need the other two phases of the game to come up to standard.

I don't know if I agree with that too much anymore. We gotta stop saying this statement as if our offense doesn't perform like trash from time to time in EVERY game. For several quarters in a game sometime we'll just do absolutely nothing. There's a problem there too.

Archived