No Duke Different Day

AU Ivory_dealer

Lets face it. When he doesn't play we miss points. I've said all year Sammie underperforms when Duke is not producing first downs. We got a lot of talent but a small game plan all season. Stating obvious. Not another Gus bashin thread just thought it looked that way all year.

Feel sorry for CJ, Ray, M. Davis. Good recievers. Just can't get the ball to them more than once every three games. Edit

Lets face it. When he doesn't play we miss points. I've said all year Sammie underperforms when Duke is not producing first downs. We got a lot of talent but a small game plan all season. Stating obvious. Not another Gus bashin thread just thought it looked that way all year. Every pass is tough for us to squeak out and only two receivers can catch them. Sammie needs Duke, Nick needs Duke. Auburn needed Duke. Hope he thinks on this game all off season to become a better team member next year

Feel sorry for CJ, Ray, M. Davis. Good recievers. Just can't get the ball to them more than once every three games.

I appreciate Sammie making the effort for sure. You could tell he was worth about 3 plays. Just too unsure you could see on his face. But Sammie did disappear all season when Duke wasnt tearin it up. It's just a mind thing. There is no reason a supposed "NFL" caliber receiver couldn't take the game at receiver and become a consistent option after Duke went down. Duke is an elite option and a for sure catch. Sammie is a master at catching a ball in coverage deep but does not have the eye-hand to look in every ball across the middle. Or judge deep balls when he is wide open. Emory Blake T-Zac Darvin Adams, Duke,,, our last four complete consistent WRs. NFL didnt treat some our best of those too well. Sammie aside from some deep balls the last two years. I just think he had to have Duke on the field all season for him to compete every play. Weird but just my opinion.

Sammie was playing hurt, this is exactly why he shouldn't have.....

No one here can question Sammies heart. He still performed when called on.

Just another horrible performance on D and questionable play calling by somebody. Like the BCS last year we lost in the 3rd quarter.

D played OK considering what we have....they did enough to win the game....gave the O the ball with chances to score and a chance to win the game in OT. Agree with the second half of the comment about the play calling. Hope this is the young OC and not Gus calling those plays.

Just another horrible performance on D and questionable play calling by somebody. Like the BCS last year we lost in the 3rd quarter.

I just want to see our players making contact as the ball is caught or handed off. We always seem to be caught looking first and acting second.

Will should be able to fix this. Needs to bulk us up and get them to act, not react to the play.

No D wasn't ok. Nobody was ok. But D definitely wasn't

Gus always gets one chance to put up two scores it seems. Other than that we can't pull away from anybody. -The LSU dumpster fire was an exception

Gus always gets one chance to put up two scores it seems. Other than that we can't pull away from anybody. -The LSU dumpster fire was an exception

Ahhh. And we thought there would be no GUS bashing...

Ahhh. And we thought there would be no GUS bashing...

I was talking about the D not allowing our offense to put up multiple scores (cushion) we do go three and out after defensive stops most times it seemed this year. But not Gus bashing necessarily. I understand you blue lighting me due to other Gus bashing posts. I got off topic of my own OP.

Lets face it. When he doesn't play we miss points. I've said all year Sammie underperforms when Duke is not producing first downs. We got a lot of talent but a small game plan all season. Stating obvious. Not another Gus bashin thread just thought it looked that way all year.

Feel sorry for CJ, Ray, M. Davis. Good recievers. Just can't get the ball to them more than once every three games. Edit

That is simply not true and not at all supported by facts. All you have to do is look at 2013. If Sammie under performed without Duke, then he wouldn't have lead the team in catches and yards in 2013 WITHOUT DUKE EVEN ON THE TEAM. His numbers are down a little because Duke was such a great weapon but to say Sammie under performs when Duke isn't in the game is just ridiculous.

Sammie Coates

2013 42 catches - 902 yards 21,5 average per catch

2014 30 catches - 717 yards - 23.9 average per catch

I don't care about statistics in this issue. In 2013 he was clutch but had trouble getting under deep balls. This year he got better with the deep balls. But I am speaking of the offensive stalls. Sammie could not make huge plays the same way he did when Duke was on the field. Sammie just looked like when he got down, his hands went too. When duke was catching slants Sammie played better. I sent it. Maybe we only have two quality receivers, I hope not lol

Sammie is good but Nick had no true option to go to when Duke was out. Am I saying Sammie sucked? No. His IB performance stands out on its own. He just was not productive without #1 on the field THIS YEAR.

What you are saying is Like saying Coates would have produced without Tre Mason on last years O. CAP was not Tre Mason productive this year (no shame in that) but Duke made up for that. To have noProsch, no Mason, and no Duke added to this years team and we would have been a mess.

Duke doesn't play defense, so I don't think him missing the game changes who won. The final may have been 49-42 instead of 34-31 but when you can't stop anything the other guy is trying your chances of winning are slim and none.

Quenton Riggins and Stan White spent much of their radio broadcast ripping on our linebackers, but I suppose there are some here that will still insist that they are both all-SEC quality players.

Duke doesn't play defense, so I don't think him missing the game changes who won. The final may have been 49-42 instead of 34-31 but when you can't stop anything the other guy is trying your chances of winning are slim and none.

Quenton Riggins and Stan White spent much of their radio broadcast ripping on our linebackers, but I suppose there are some here that will still insist that they are both all-SEC quality players.

why i like Mikey. No dancing. Just truth. Yes our O could have played with anyone if we had featured half of a defense on the field week to week.

PS I think QRiggins is a curse on our D lol everytime I hear him say what we are doing right this week we instantly stop doing it. Love'em tho

That is simply not true and not at all supported by facts. All you have to do is look at 2013. If Sammie under performed without Duke, then he wouldn't have lead the team in catches and yards in 2013 WITHOUT DUKE EVEN ON THE TEAM. His numbers are down a little because Duke was such a great weapon but to say Sammie under performs when Duke isn't in the game is just ridiculous.

Sammie Coates

2013 42 catches - 902 yards 21,5 average per catch

2014 30 catches - 717 yards - 23.9 average per catch

I'd be interested to see his yards per target compared to others. Haven't looked at the numbers but most fans are upset because he made crucial drops in bit moments. I will always remember how he played against Bama.

D played OK considering what we have....they did enough to win the game....gave the O the ball with chances to score and a chance to win the game in OT. Agree with the second half of the comment about the play calling. Hope this is the young OC and not Gus calling those plays.

Wow! When you concede giving up 400 rush yards to an opponent is playing ok i'd say that is a MAJOR PROBLEM!

Archived