Sobering fact

JamesG

Positive fact. Won't have to worry about saying War Eagle to someone in Auburn stuff at the airport, then have to explain to them what War Eagle is and why I said it.

Who knows what all the issues are with this team.....discipline, coaching relations or whatever but with about 25+ players graduating and a new defensive staff, it is back to the drawing board for Gus and Muschamp. Might as well forget this season and put any kind of "chemistry" problems behind them and set new goals.

Spring practice will be interesting....

We also wear orange and blue and have AU logos on our helmets.

I want to know who your source is..

Positive fact. Barry Sanders will probably be a huge Auburn fan since Gordon didn't break his record.

I was greatly disappointed in the loss today, but on some level I expected it. This team has been discombobulated since the Miss. State game. I have heard rumor after rumor of issues clouding this team all year from the team mailing it in when Whitehead was suspended to Nick Marshall being protected by Gus and not taken to task for some of his transgressions. I have heard that Williams was suspended for the Outback Bowl because he had been causing problems on the team. I don't know what has been the cause, but it is easy to see the result. We played up to expectations against Alabama, but in the end the defense mailed it in and let Alabama get the best of us. The game today was just going through the motions. I feared that those who were leaving the team for the NFL would be playing not to get hurt instead of playing to win. I was hoping if that was the case that Gus would put in Jeremy and a host of younger players and give them a chance. Instead we kept doing what cost us the prior losses this year. This has been a very disappointing season, not because we lost games, but because of how we lost. We are now doomed to an off season of concern and a depressed outlook instead of excitement about the future. It will be made worse if the Updykes win another NC. I am disappointed but still an Auburn man.

I heard if your Aunt had testicles, she'd be your uncle... Who, what, where, why, how? I hear a lot of things. On message boards. Not from anyone that knows. No offense, meant, but the difference in the old AU Eagle site and this one is that you had to have sources and facts to post on the old site. I really want to know what happened, but I bet I never do.

Auburn last two national championship appearances resulted in an 8-5 season the following year.

So next year should be 3-9, using that logic. I'll take some of that, if you're a betting man.

Positive fact. Barry Sanders will probably be a huge Auburn fan since Gordon didn't break his record.

Auburn fan cause he knows good guys always wear orange and the bad guys always wear red.

Here's another sobering fact, for all of the posts about the attitudes of our players and staff, most of the "fans" are much worse, and don't put in the long hours, blood, swear and tears but bitch about "deserving more".

Here's another sobering fact, for all of the posts about the attitudes of our players and staff, most of the "fans" are much worse, and don't put in the long hours, blood, swear and tears but bitch about "deserving more".

So true!

So true!

Yep

So true!

Easy....they will call you a sunshine pumper....lol

War Damn! I've seen much worse and the defense will get better. Excluding one loss (UGA) the offense did well enough to win 10, 11 games. I'm fine with being an underdog next season. We do best when we come in under the radar.

So true!

Easy....they will call you a sunshine pumper....lol

War Damn! I've seen much worse and the defense will get better. Excluding one loss (UGA) the offense did well enough to win 10, 11 games. I'm fine with being an underdog next season. We do best when we come in under the radar.

yes we do and that fact bugs me. I really want to see Auburn take that next step and be able to handle having the target on their back. Consistency is what is needed.

We lost to TWO teams who were beaten 59-0 this season. No way thats ever happened before. Embarrasing.

Not so much a sobering fact as a meaningless factoid. It's right up there with comparative scores in meaninglessness. Every game is different.

Archived