FSU vs Oregon

AU64

Jameis is a clown and it was great to see him flame out, esp fumbling the ball resulting in a touchdown. I've lost respect for jimbo for allowing jameis to bark at him through out the year. Anything for a w I guess.

Yep.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't say I liked him.... just that unlike other famous QB from the state.... he didn't hang his head, tuck tail, and immed go for the locker room.

Jameis is gone from FSU but will make big money in the NFL which was his goal anyway I expect.

The guy has an arm and the size for the big league and maybe they can keep him out of trouble although the Browns could not seem to keep a leash on Manziel so who knows.

And meanwhile we learned the folly of putting the "undefeated defending" in the play-offs just because they were the undefeated defending champion. This team barely beat a defenseless AU team for their championship after AU had slipped into the BCS with some timely losses by other teams and a couple miracles in Jordan Hare. Meanwhile, this season FSU managed to pull rabbits out of hats several times against ordinary teams to make it as far as they did to the Rose Bowl.

JMO but the vaunted committee is no better than a room full of computers or media "experts"...made some of the same bad decisions (FSU and TCU) as computers or sports writers would have made.

I can't fault them for letting FSU in. They had some "crappy" wins, but they beat them all. The last one, GT was no slouch at all.

If they had a loss and made it in, that would have been a crime.

With only 4 teams getting in, it's easy to have a coulda, woulda, shoulda in there or left out.

An eight team field would alleviate a lot of that and 16 would pretty much silence it other than some irrational yappers.

I can't fault them for letting FSU in. They had some "crappy" wins, but they beat them all. The last one, GT was no slouch at all.

With only 4 teams getting in, it's easy to have a coulda, woulda, shoulda in there or left out.

An eight team field would alleviate a lot of that and 16 would pretty much silence it other than some irrational yappers.

I just hate to see them keep adding games....the physical toll in big time college football is terrific ....while they play and later in life.

As someone noted the other day, it's getting where games are won by the trainers and doctors rather than the coaches. And that college coach also made the point that comparing FCS football to Div 1, especially power 5 conference is night and day...players at Bama, Ohio State, etc. are much bigger, faster and stronger and the hits they give or receive take a big toll on their bodies. This was a Div 1 coach who was against enlarging the playoff pool.

In his view it was all about the money and those chasing the money were not too concerned about the effect on the players. Some good points IMO.

I just hate to see them keep adding games....the physical toll in big time college football is terrific ....while they play and later in life.

As someone noted the other day, it's getting where games are won by the trainers and doctors rather than the coaches. And that college coach also made the point that comparing FCS football to Div 1, especially power 5 conference is night and day...players at Bama, Ohio State, etc. are much bigger, faster and stronger and the hits they give or receive take a big toll on their bodies. This was a Div 1 coach who was against enlarging the playoff pool.

In his view it was all about the money and those chasing the money were not too concerned about the effect on the players. Some good points IMO.

We can take one game off the regular season. Go back to an 11 game season.

What about the financial impact on the 110 teams that don't get in a playoff? Most schools lose money with 12 games and take one away...not gonna be popular. Right now the tendency is to add games like they did with the BCS and now the championship game which makes 15 for a couple teams.

From a practical and financial standpoint the only way seems to be UP....more games.

What about the financial impact on the 110 teams that don't get in a playoff? Most schools lose money with 12 games and take one away...not gonna be popular. Right now the tendency is to add games like they did with the BCS and now the championship game which makes 15 for a couple teams.

From a practical and financial standpoint the only way seems to be UP....more games.

There is not a perfect solution. I think we are headed for the Superconference model. There will be a super division 1 with four, possibly five, of these and a lower division one as it were. The ones that don't become part of a superconference would likely reduce their expennditures for football and athletics. They are falling behind as it is and nothing is really going to help them out. We're already on the road to that anyway with the oncoming rules for allowing players to collect a stipend and money for their likeness and such.

For years it was a 10 game season.

Well, as much fault as can be tossed on Jameis.... he was man enough to walk across field and shake hands at the end.

He's a special talent. I hate to see anybody with that God given ability waste it. I hope he changes his ways.

The guy is an immature clueless fool, that was reiterated at last night's post game press conference.Good thing he can throw a ball, don't think he would be performing brain surgery anytime soon...

Well, as much fault as can be tossed on Jameis.... he was man enough to walk across field and shake hands at the end.

He's a special talent. I hate to see anybody with that God given ability waste it. I hope he changes his ways.

The guy is an immature clueless fool, that was reiterated at last night's post game press conference.Good thing he can throw a ball, don't think he would be performing brain surgery anytime soon...

He's immature and classless no doubt but he's not unintelligent. Many a sociopath was and is highly intelligent, just evil. Whatever he may or may not have done, I pray he, as I do for everyone, gets their life in order and straigtens up. It's a different world outside of Tallahassee Florida and he's going to get a huge wake up call very soon. We'll see how he handles it.

There is not a perfect solution. I think we are headed for the Superconference model. There will be a super division 1 with four, possibly five, of these and a lower division one as it were. The ones that don't become part of a superconference would likely reduce their expennditures for football and athletics. They are falling behind as it is and nothing is really going to help them out. We're already on the road to that anyway with the oncoming rules for allowing players to collect a stipend and money for their likeness and such.

I agree here...when the "super conference comes to life" a lot of Div 1 and FCS teams are going to be in big financial trouble anyway and the survivors will probably write their own rules. But, there is still some serious objection to extending the season further so there will have to be some creative plans to work the top teams in to some sort of play-off format without playing more games.

Jameis is gone from FSU but will make big money in the NFL which was his goal anyway I expect.

The guy has an arm and the size for the big league and maybe they can keep him out of trouble although the Browns could not seem to keep a leash on Manziel so who knows.

And meanwhile we learned the folly of putting the "undefeated defending" in the play-offs just because they were the undefeated defending champion. This team barely beat a defenseless AU team for their championship after AU had slipped into the BCS with some timely losses by other teams and a couple miracles in Jordan Hare. Meanwhile, this season FSU managed to pull rabbits out of hats several times against ordinary teams to make it as far as they did to the Rose Bowl.

JMO but the vaunted committee is no better than a room full of computers or media "experts"...made some of the same bad decisions (FSU and TCU) as computers or sports writers would have made.

You can't be serious. The outcome of these most recent playoff games does not indicate "folly" of any kind. For all the Houdini-like escapes that FSU managed this year, they absolutely belonged in the final four. What happened last year was last year, but this year they were ACC Champs & undefeated. Can't ignore facts. The overall result of what the playoffs actually indicate is that no team will ever again have a one-shot cakewalk to the title via favorable scheduling & easily fooled sportswriters picking overmatched opponents (can you say uat vs ND?)

He's immature and classless no doubt but he's not unintelligent. Many a sociopath was and is highly intelligent, just evil. Whatever he may or may not have done, I pray he, as I do for everyone, gets their life in order and straigtens up. It's a different world outside of Tallahassee Florida and he's going to get a huge wake up call very soon. We'll see how he handles it.

Maybe I missed something where he demonstrated a modicum of intelligence. Example? The guy opens his mouth and it's a train wreck.

Sorry AUlogger...just don't share your opinion. If we are looking for the 4 Best teams it's not just W-L. Consider that FSU struggled through a schedule with a SOS rated 47th. Seems that the big schools use SOS as an argument when they want to keep a Poise State out of the big bowls or promote the fortunes of a one loss team... but then ignore it now. I know it would not be easy to leave FSU out but the counter argument of leaving Ohio State out in favor of TCU made by so many folks is not looking that great either.

I'm not going to bother and find my post when this system was set up but my view then was that the results of a committee would not be any more widely accepted than the previous BCS calculation. There will always be someone(s) that feels they did not get fair treatment. I can't imagine that many people who follow college football closely were surprised by the Oregon win....the margin, yes, but Oregon almost got a bye to the finals in my view.

Maybe I missed something where he demonstrated a modicum of intelligence. Example? The guy opens his mouth and it's a train wreck.

I don't think he can spell his own name.

Archived