Recruit reaction to Outback loss

AUnMS

For those of you that follow social media, has there been any feedback or reaction from recruits from the loss in the Outback bowl? Just curious.

has been all year. I think CWM will turn this around quickly on the field, regardless of our new class

Great opportunity for defensive recruits to step in and get immediate playing time.

Yep - If ever there was place for a top notch guy wanting to play 3 and move on.

Defensive recruits should be chomping at the bits.

Huge chip on AU's shoulder and as the annoucers rightly said, I bet Auburn fans cannot wait for Will Muschamp to take over.

Huge chip on AU's shoulder and as the annoucers rightly said, I bet Auburn fans cannot wait for Will Muschamp to take over.

Yes. The only thing is we are not giving him much to work with.

We have some talent, they just need to be coached in a scheme that works. CWM has a knack for pulling that out of players.

SHHHHH! You are supposed to blame it all on the coaching! The players are "just fine". It's that 4-2-5 defense that caused all the trouble. You know, that awful defense that TCU runs. Oh wait.....

SHHHHH! You are supposed to blame it all on the coaching! The players are "just fine". It's that 4-2-5 defense that caused all the trouble. You know, that awful defense that TCU runs. Oh wait.....

That was humorous.

We have talent, and CWM is in charge of getting the guys he needs to win with. Let's just accept it and move on. WDE

"An examination of Auburn's past four recruiting classes -- the seasons that primarily made up the Tigers' 2014 defense -- reveals that Muschamp's biggest task may be more directly tied to lack of development than an inability to recruit."

"I know one thing, they've recruited a bunch of good players here," Muschamp, who put together those Florida classes, said. "There's a bunch of guys that we were recruiting."

"According to the 247Sports' Composite rankings, which averages the rankings by the main recruiting sites, Auburn should be in good shape on the defensive side of the ball. Of the 42 defensive players on scholarship in 2014, the Tigers have three 5-stars, 19 4-stars and 20 3-star recruits."

"Muschamp's task, then, is to unlock the potential so many saw in Auburn's defenders when they were being recruited out of high school."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/will_muschamp_trying_to_rebuil.html#incart_related_stories

:dunno:

Consider who is running it at TCU how long he has ran it, the continuity of players developed in his system, and to a degree the competition they face. Ellis was out of touch with players and a poor motivator. I feel 100% confident saying that Will can get more out of this existing defensive roster than Ellis ever could, not to mention recruiting will be better because you now have a more dynamic defensive leader instead of a piece of driftwood in Ellis. Could there be more talent...uhh yes, but I think every school could use more talented players. Sure Alabama would like an extra Ragland, Cooper, Collins, etc. Definitiely could have used some extra talent last night. If they don't choose to come to AU, then you gotta go with what you get, put them in a proven system, coach them up, and motivate them to be the best.

Consider who is running it at TCU how long he has ran it, the continuity of players developed in his system, and to a degree the competition they face. Ellis was out of touch with players and a poor motivator. I feel 100% confident saying that Will can get more out of this existing defensive roster than Ellis ever could, not to mention recruiting will be better because you now have a more dynamic defensive leader instead of a piece of driftwood in Ellis. Could there be more talent...uhh yes, but I think every school could use more talented players. Sure Alabama would like an extra Ragland, Cooper, Collins, etc. Definitiely could have used some extra talent last night. If they don't choose to come to AU, then you gotta go with what you get, put them in a proven system, coach them up, and motivate them to be the best.

Your right Ellis coached a terrible game and poorly motivated the players in the Wisconsin game..........

Your right Ellis coached a terrible game and poorly motivated the players in the Wisconsin game..........

It wasn't CWM either. It was a coach already on staff who probably won't be on staff much longer. I don't really understand the point here. CEJ didn't do a very good job recruiting or improving the Def. so he was fired. Until CWM proves he can or can't make the Def. better there isn't much use in beating a dead horse. We will find out where the problem lies next year but until then we can't know.

As far as players go, Auburn can certainly use a few more players on defense but its not like the cupboard is completely bare. Even WM said he knows there is talent on this team because he recruited a lot of those players and would have loved to have signed them.

It wasn't CWM either. It was a coach already on staff who probably won't be on staff much longer. I don't really understand the point here. CEJ didn't do a very good job recruiting or improving the Def. so he was fired. Until CWM proves he can or can't make the Def. better there isn't much use in beating a dead horse. We will find out where the problem lies next year but until then we can't know.

Doesn't Ole Miss run 4 2 5 scheme also?

There is good talent on defense. You can't tell anyone anything different. We have more talent then Ole Miss, Miss St, TCU AND K STATE. The difference is coaching. Since CGC was the head coach our defense has gotten worse. His lack of development created bad habits in the young men that currently play on the field. Old habits die hard, old instincts always rear their head.

To minimize the importance of good coaching/player development is not appropriate.

Ole Miss runs the 4-2-5 but it's a little different. They run something like a nickel a lot. Plus they flex a down lineman to create odd fronts more than we did. But bottom line, yes, they have a 4-2-5 base.

It was not the scheme. That scheme is run successfully by other good teams. I agree that Ellis was not exactly Mr Dynamo in terms of motivating players and Muschamp will be a big upgrade in that department. But IMO the greatest fault lands right in the lap of position coaches who did not provide players with the tools to succeed. Auburn has plenty of talent on defense.

Imagine our season if we didn't have more than 20 interceptions. Until last night I had no idea we had that many and that we apparently might have led the SEC. It's just crazy that we could do that and still be as bad in the secondary as we were.

Imagine our season if we didn't have more than 20 interceptions. Until last night I had no idea we had that many and that we apparently might have led the SEC. It's just crazy that we could do that and still be as bad in the secondary as we were.

It helps prove that the number of interceptions you have has no relation to the fact that wideouts can also run rampantly open in the same secondary that produced said int's. :)

It was not the scheme. That scheme is run successfully by other good teams. I agree that Ellis was not exactly Mr Dynamo in terms of motivating players and Muschamp will be a big upgrade in that department. But IMO the greatest fault lands right in the lap of position coaches who did not provide players with the tools to succeed. Auburn has plenty of talent on defense.

It was the scheme but the scheme is not the 4-2-5 defense.

The philosophy or base is the 4-2-5 which is derived from the 44 defense. The same is said for the 3-4- base or 4-3 base defense.

The scheme involves in part the roles, responsibilities, and alignments in the base defense. For instance

Pete Carroll's (Seahawks) 4-3 defense is very different from Monte' Kiffin's (Tampa 2 founder) 4-3 defense. Same base 4-3, very different scheme.

As for Auburn I have had a hard time figuring out how we chose to scheme our 4-2-5 defense. To me it didn't make sense.

To me the scheme was the problem and this fail squarely on EJ and the other coaches.

Archived