Lol, Urban Wants to Make it Sting For Bama

Texan4Auburn

"I'll tell you when I think the tide turned a little bit - when Wisconsin beat Auburn. Everybody on our team knew that. I made sure they knew that."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/01/urban_meyer_wisconsin_beating.html

We get some credit for Ohio State winning. See, Gus did know what he was doing :Sing:

Yeah I saw that. He does have a point. I'm sure that was a sweet win for him after his last game against Alabama. All that talk of Saban making him quit had to grate on him just a bit.

"I'll tell you when I think the tide turned a little bit - when Wisconsin beat Auburn. Everybody on our team knew that. I made sure they knew that."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/01/urban_meyer_wisconsin_beating.html

We get some credit for Ohio State winning. See, Gus did know what he was doing :Sing:/>

Expect we helped some....when AU lit up bama's secondary for 400+ yards and 600 overall, OSU had to be encouraged...evenhaving to play their #3 QB...who by the way, looked pretty darned good.

And per Cool...the bammer media probably gave them some pretty bulletin board material. Urban can send his thanks to Scarb and his buddies.

http://www.al.com/sp...in_beating.html

We get some credit for Ohio State winning. See, Gus did know what he was doing :Sing:/>

Expect we helped some....when AU lit up bama's secondary for 400+ yards and 600 overall, OSU had to be encouraged...evenhaving to play their #3 QB...who by the way, looked pretty darned good.

And per Cool...the bammer media probably gave them some pretty bulletin board material. Urban can send his thanks to Scarb and his buddies.

Talk about the potential of having a QB controversy in the Spring. Imagine if this kid leads Ohio State past Oregon.

Guessing someone will probably end up transferring.

Talk about the potential of having a QB controversy in the Spring. Imagine if this kid leads Ohio State past Oregon.

I think I saw somewhere that Braxton Miller was going to come back. That's a heck of a problem to have. I honestly never expected OSU to win with a third string QB. I certainly never expected them to win a high scoring game like that.

Doubtful...that's Braxton Miller's team without question

Well they have 3 QB's, don't forget the kid last night was number 3. Still another guy out there that finished in the top 5 in Heisman voting named Barrett.

Doubtful...that's Braxton Miller's team without question

They were talking about how Braxton has graduated and can transfer anywhere he wants. I'm not sure what will happen, but IMO it's a nice predicament to be in.

Much as I dislike Urban, gotta admit that he can recruit ...and he can coach. Made a believer out of me last night though I had some doubts about bama.

What impressed me was that after bama stalled them twice at the goal line and OSU settled for FGs, they were able to come back and put up some TDs too and move the ball pretty well throughout the game.

It was somewhat satisfying seeing bama get beat but, its hard to be too pleased when you have one of THE biggest d-bags in the business making stupid comments about an unrelated game. Hell, Auburn beat LSU 41- 9, how'd the fact that LSU beat Wisconsin impact our game? Urban makes it real easy to dislike him.

It was somewhat satisfying seeing bama get beat but, its hard to be too pleased when you have one of THE biggest d-bags in the business making stupid comments about an unrelated game. Hell, Auburn beat LSU 41- 9, how'd the fact that LSU beat Wisconsin impact our game? Urban makes it real easy to dislike him.

I'll grant you that but whatever it is that makes him easy to dislike, pales in comparison to Sabear and the turds.

I'll grant you that but whatever it is that makes him easy to dislike, pales in comparison to Sabear and the turds.

In cases like that my take is....pick one. 2 peas in a pod and the only advantage Urban has over Saban is we don't have to listen to the media sniff his jock 24/7 - 12 months non-stop..

Is the SEC West just not that good this year?

Auburn, uat, LSU, ole miss, and miss st all lose?

Only A&M and Arky from the west won bowl games.

Missouri USCe and Georgia won in the east with Tenn and Florida still to play their games.

Missouri USCe and Georgia won in the east with Tenn and Florida still to play their games.

It's not as good as it was made out to be. Everyone was living off of past reputation. Bowl games are hard to judge sometimes. You never can tell about motivation. I know the opponents each SECW team faced was highly motivated to win those games and prove something.

Thats a good question but if I had to guess, i'd say the outcome this year overall was an anomaly. At one point or another, every one of those teams except LSU thought they were n the mix for the final four. No excuses here but its hard to get up for these meaningless games the way the opposition does for their SEC opponents because a win in those games means a lot to those kids who have to hear about SEC superiority all year long..

I think you gotta look at those matchups though, yes those lost, in AU's case we were matched up against #2 from Big10 and almost won, MSU was matched up against #2 from ACC and almost won, LSU shouldn't have lost to ND, but it was a good game and probably one of worst LSU teams in past 7-8 years, Ole Miss arguable got the worst matchup by playing Big 12 co-champ. Arky got a good matchup, A&M did also.

AU, MSU, and Ole Miss played up, uat played even (conference champ vs. conference champ)

I think you gotta look at those matchups though, yes those lost, in AU's case we were matched up against #2 from Big10 and almost won, MSU was matched up against #2 from ACC and almost won, LSU shouldn't have lost to ND, but it was a good game and probably one of worst LSU teams in past 7-8 years, Ole Miss arguable got the worst matchup by playing Big 12 co-champ. Arky got a good matchup, A&M did also.

AU, MSU, and Ole Miss played up, uat played even (conference champ vs. conference champ)

Everybody else has improved and closed the gap between themselves and the SEC.

I can see from a coaches point of view how difficult it would be to get a team ready for a meaningless bowl game when your goal all season had been to win a CS..

Archived