How about that defensive line play?

DyeHardAllTheWay

Garner is way overrated and I've said that from the start.

Can you provide a link to one of your posts that was positive toward AU or any of it's coaches/players? I don't recall ever seeing one.

Garner is way overrated and I've said that from the start.

Can you provide a link to one of your posts that was positive toward AU or any of it's coaches/players? I don't recall ever seeing one.

This, plus garner isn't going anywhere. Moved maybe, but he's staying put at AU

In an effort not to single out any particular player, we had some DE players starting that wouldnt have seen the field for other SEC teams. If one were to go back and look at game film, AU made cruical penalties at times on third downs that extended drives when they would have been a three and out. Not saying this happened all the time, but early in games when it happened playes lose confidence and then the snowball effect takes over. Also, hate hearing about how bad defense played when the offense turns the ball over on the first play of three or four games. Fault lies in the whole team, entire coaching staff, its a team and you win and lose as a team. Enough of the blame game, fix the problems and lets hope for a great 2015.

I hope Garner is moved if he is kept on staff. We can do so much better.

Can we?

You know who is not only available out there, but wanting to come to AU?

Please let us know, thank you.

Can we?

It won't take much to improve the DL from a coaching aspect. If the UF DL coach is available and if T Rocker is willing to come back to name two. There are many others that are better on the field coaches than RG. If Garner is willing to be a TE coach and recruiting coordinator, then I am all for him remaining on the staff.

wde

The fact is that we DO NOT KNOW how good a coach Rodney Garner is. We know he is an excellent and proven recruiter. Fortunately for us, we don't have to make a decision on Coach Garner. Coach Muschamp has had a couple of weeks to observe the players and the coaches and I am confident that he will make the correct decisions on who he retains and where the coaches are assigned.

Can we?

It won't take much to improve the DL from a coaching aspect. If the UF DL coach is available and if T Rocker is willing to come back to name two. There are many others that are better on the field coaches than RG. If Garner is willing to be a TE coach and recruiting coordinator, then I am all for him remaining on the staff.

wde

As I said, do you know any that want to replace Garner?

Can we?

wde

OK, I can play simple/dumb message board games. No, I don't know who wants to replace Garner (only Muschamp may know that). But there are probably at least 20 (should Muschamp want to (or is allowed to) hire them) that would be a better on the field coach than Garner.

wde

Can we?

wde

OK, I can play simple/dumb message board games. No, I don't know who wants to replace Garner (only Muschamp may know that). But there are probably at least 20 (should Muschamp want to (or is allowed to) hire them) that would be a better on the field coach than Garner.

wde

You may be right. In fact I'm sure there at better DL coaches out there. My point was someone saying "We can do better.", like we intentionally keep a substandard coach only because his AU ties. RG is a damn fine coach. I don't know of a better one that wants to replace him.

;)

Let's not defend Garner based off playing at Auburn let's look at his work... He isn't good and never really has been. He's known as a good recruiter but how many great d lineman has he coached in his long career? (Mic dropped, close the forum)

Let's not defend Garner based off playing at Auburn let's look at his work... He isn't good and never really has been. He's known as a good recruiter but how many great d lineman has he coached in his long career? (Mic dropped, close the forum)

Do some research...1st round pick Dee Ford last season...one of sack leaders in SEC. Has had some good ones at UGA too

Do some research...1st round pick Dee Ford last season...one of sack leaders in SEC. Has had some good ones at UGA too

Dee ford I'm afraid is not a product of garner he was here for years and set back due to injuries. Do some research and bring something to the table smh. He mainly recruited thugs to Georgia who didn't make the team.

Dee ford I'm afraid is not a product of garner he was here for years and set back due to injuries. Do some research and bring something to the table smh. He mainly recruited thugs to Georgia who didn't make the team.

Does not matter Garner coached him last year....and that's a FACT, you will not accept to justify hating on a coach.

Garner is not a bad DL coach by any standard. Yes, Dee Ford was coached by RG last season. Dee Ford was definitely a better player in 2013 compared to 2012. If RG was such a bad coach, why did Mark Richt keep him on his staff for so many years? Richt is a good coach and the type of coach who is not afraid to fire assistants that do not do their job. (Todd Grantham DC)

Gus saw that the problem with his defense was not Rodney Garner, but Ellis Johnson. Gus fired CEJ and hired a super DC. Gus will let CWM put together the staff that CWM needs for our defense to be successful.

I want Garner to stay for now. He is a great recruiter. I also dont think people are out of line for criticizing him either. I live 20 mins from Athens and virtually all the people here are UGA fans. I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the pulse of UGA fandom. I'll tell you this. They were NOT upset when Garner left. It was quite the opposite. They had grown tired of all the 4 and 5 star HS players he would bring in that would underperform at UGA, then were somehow good enough to get drafted and have success in the NFL. I'm not saying this is my opinion, just UGA people around here.

I got a good feel on them too as a Ga resident ..a lot I spoke with were upset but understood him going back to his alma mater guess it depends what sample of pup fans you talk too. UGA as a team has been underwhelming with the talent they get...was not exclusive to RG.

You guys keep whining about Garner's DL play. He isn't going anywhere. He didn't forget how to coach. He will be back next year and each one of you whiners will be eating crow.

The funny thing is, MOST of these guys whining were his biggest fans last year.

Archived