This Would be Great

icanthearyou

Let's find out who all of the closet racists are. Let's find out the name of every politician willing to sell his soul for a few votes from the other racists. Let's watch them all claim they "didn't know" yet, stop short of condemning the "white power" crowd.

http://www.huffingto...kusaolp00000592

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke issued a warning to Republicans who have criticized House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) for speaking to a white nationalist group in 2002, saying they "better be looking over their shoulders."

In an interview with Fusion, Duke said he has ties to politicians on both sides of the aisle, and he is ready to release names if criticism of Scalise continues:

Overall, Duke was rather flabbergasted by the new focus on Scalise. He said he has hosted both Democratic and Republican legislators at everything from conferences to his children’s birthday parties. He said he has met with Democratic legislators at least 50 times in his political life.

And he delivered a warning to both Republicans and Democrats: Treat Scalise fairly, and don’t try to make political hay out of the situation. Or he said he would be inclined to release a list of names of all the politicians — both Republicans and Democrats — with whom he has ties.

“If Scalise is going to be crucified — if Republicans want to throw Steve Scalise to the woods, then a lot of them better be looking over their shoulders,” Duke said.

Scalise has struggled to distance himself from Duke since a Louisiana blogger revealed earlier this week that the GOP leader had associated with the former KKK Grand Wizard and had spoken to a group Duke founded, the European-American Unity and Rights Organization, in 2002.

"I didn't know who all of these groups were, and I detest any kind of hate group," Scalise said on Monday.

Peter Wehner, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, said the news about Scalise's 2002 speech is "acidic for the Republican Party." But GOP leaders -- including House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) -- are standing by Scalise amid the controversy.

Sounds like Sony could have some more scandals brewing...........

Typical political shell games. I hope he releases the list of every one of his contacts. Let's air this one out.

Sounds fair to me. I agree with emt.

I skimmed over David Dukes interview with Bill O. last night and I can't help but shake my head at anything that guys says or doesn't say. He's a loon.

Kind of the usual Dem hypocrisy when they criticize Scalise and ignore long time racist Charlie Rangel.

http://video.laurain...-Black-28315970

You need to learn how to follow along. This thread isn't about Scalise.

Well, cut him some slack. It's really hard to justify associating with white supremacists.

That's the best he could do on such short notice. ;)

Kind of the usual Dem hypocrisy when they criticize Scalise and ignore long time racist Charlie Rangel.

Well, cut him some slack. It's really hard to justify associating with white supremacists.

That's the best he could do on such short notice. ;)

Really. Smacks of trying way too hard. Notice the multiple threads he has started on the subject. He's the most offensively defensive person in history.

That's the best he could do on such short notice. ;)/>

Really. Smacks of trying way too hard. Notice the multiple threads he has started on the subject. He's the most offensively defensive person in history.

I guess he got the TD off a sack fumble? ;) joking PT.

Robert Byrd, grand master of the WV Klan and Democratic Senator for 3 decades plus, would not like anyone doing a tell all...lol

Robert Byrd, grand master of the WV Klan and Democratic Senator for 3 decades plus, would not like anyone doing a tell all...lol

Somehow, I don't think he will mind.

And you would be wrong again grasshoper... ;-)

Oh please brilliant one, tell us why.

Surely a Grand Dragon in the KKK is not going to be believed by anyone with two brain cells in their head.

Surely a Grand Dragon in the KKK is not going to be believed by anyone with two brain cells in their head.

Please take this in the nicest possible way. You're not very bright.

The man is dead. He has been dead since 2010. And, if that is not enough: Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

So, I doubt he will mind. And, you are wrong, yet again.

Exalted Cyclops. Don't think he was ever a Grand Dragon.

Well, hell, if we can go back to any point in history for examples of Democratic racism, how about George Wallace standing in the "schoolhouse" door?

I thought the subject was the current GOP majority whip.

I thought it was Illustrious Wizard Salamander? Maybe that is Raptor? IDK.

Klan terminology is funny. One of those things where truth is stranger than fiction.

The man is dead. He has been dead since 2010. And, if that is not enough: Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

and you believed that hogwash? Did you vote for the ACA too?

;-)

and you believed that hogwash?

People can change. Do you disagree?

Robert Byrd was a hard core racial hater from decades ago. He got elected due to his ties to the KKK. He wasn't some namby pamby rank and filer. He was the head cheese in the WV Klan. If you are telling me you bought that POS's lies about some kind of new found acceptance of blacks, you need to study racial history. RB was connected to lynchings either implicitly leading or allowing them. There are blacks that were beaten and dis enfranchised and he allowed and directed it.

He got pretty good at talking the talk later on in life, I will give him that. But do I believe he, or George Wallace, actually changed? Hell no. Leopards cannot change their spots. These guys were hard cores that got into politics using racial hatred as their core belief.

and you believed that hogwash? Did you vote for the ACA too?

;-)

Yes, I believe he is dead and, therefore will not be concerned when the list of ignorant, hateful, racists is released. Why don't we concentrate on those who are living and, still hold office. We are talking about racism in government and you want to talk about dead people and ACA?

Archived