This Would be Great

icanthearyou

Only David can change. No grace for anyone else.

Given comment number 24, this is now obvious to me.

Oh sure people can change but only lefties, if follow such very closely, are given the benefit of that doubt. I will say that those who are the biggest pushers of racism hail from the party of racism itself. The party of slavery, the party of the KKK, the party of Jim Crowe laws, the party of the 3/5's compromise, the party of literacy tests, the party of segregation, the party of standing in school house doors and fire hoses and dogs is the democrat party. One would think, just by virtue of listening to the MSM, that would be the republican party's history. They never mention it was a republican's who were instrumental in ending the filibuster to the Civil Rights Act of the 60s when many democrats were doing everything in their power to sustain that filibuster. Also a greater percentage of republicans voted for it than their democrat counterparts.

Nobody is perfect but it is the democrats who are the most unforgiving because it plays well in their identity politics strategy of pitting segments of the population against each other. They relentlessly seek to divide Americans on race, income, gender, sexual identity and sexual preference. it simply is what it is.

Robert Byrd was a hard core racial hater from decades ago. He got elected due to his ties to the KKK. He wasn't some namby pamby rank and filer. He was the head cheese in the WV Klan. If you are telling me you bought that POS's lies about some kind of new found acceptance of blacks, you need to study racial history. RB was connected to lynchings either implicitly leading or allowing them. There are blacks that were beaten and dis enfranchised and he allowed and directed it.

He got pretty good at talking the talk later on in life, I will give him that. But do I believe he, or George Wallace, actually changed? Hell no. Leopards cannot change their spots. These guys were hard cores that got into politics using racial hatred as their core belief.

I agree for the most part, but the discussion was about Scalise. Presumably the same holds true for him.

Robert Byrd was a hard core racial hater from decades ago. He got elected due to his ties to the KKK. He wasn't some namby pamby rank and filer. He was the head cheese in the WV Klan. If you are telling me you bought that POS's lies about some kind of new found acceptance of blacks, you need to study racial history. RB was connected to lynchings either implicitly leading or allowing them. There are blacks that were beaten and dis enfranchised and he allowed and directed it.

He got pretty good at talking the talk later on in life, I will give him that. But do I believe he, or George Wallace, actually changed? Hell no. Leopards cannot change their spots. These guys were hard cores that got into politics using racial hatred as their core belief.

I agree for the most part, but the discussion was about Scalise. Presumably the same holds true for him.

And the part I take a little issue with is that while your statement is generally true, I think successful politicians have a much larger capacity to simply do whatever works regardless of the moral implications. They aren't necessarily fully invested in racist philosophy.

Many politicians are inflicted with anti-social disorder (formerly known as sociopathy.)

Oh sure people can change but only lefties, if follow such very closely, are given the benefit of that doubt. I will say that those who are the biggest pushers of racism hail from the party of racism itself. The party of slavery, the party of the KKK, the party of Jim Crowe laws, the party of the 3/5's compromise, the party of literacy tests, the party of segregation, the party of standing in school house doors and fire hoses and dogs is the democrat party. One would think, just by virtue of listening to the MSM, that would be the republican party's history. They never mention it was a republican's who were instrumental in ending the filibuster to the Civil Rights Act of the 60s when many democrats were doing everything in their power to sustain that filibuster. Also a greater percentage of republicans voted for it than their democrat counterparts.

Nobody is perfect but it is the democrats who are the most unforgiving because it plays well in their identity politics strategy of pitting segments of the population against each other. They relentlessly seek to divide Americans on race, income, gender, sexual identity and sexual preference. it simply is what it is.

:laugh: Great stuff Blue! :rolleyes:

But you make one big mistake. Political parties aren't people. They are dynamic. Ergo, the solid Democratic South is now the solid Republican South. All those Democrats didn't change, their party did when it abandoned Jim Crow.

From your thinking on history, I am willing to bet you believe slavery had little to do with the Civil War. :-\

:laugh:/ Great stuff Blue! :rolleyes:

But you make one big mistake. Political parties aren't people. They are dynamic. Ergo, the solid Democratic South is now the solid Republican South. All those Democrats didn't change, their party did when it abandoned Jim Crow.

From your thinking on history, I am willing to bet you believe slavery had little to do with the Civil War. :\

Forgotten the REL thread from this time last year already, Homer? :laugh:

:laugh:/ Great stuff Blue! :rolleyes:

From your thinking on history, I am willing to bet you believe slavery had little to do with the Civil War. :\

Forgotten the REL thread from this time last year already, Homer? :laugh:

Yeah, I shouldn't have mentioned it. It's just that his outrageously twisted, revisionist interpretation of history made me think of it.

I am in the business of helping people change. I see it everyday, up close and personal. I do not see it in Robert Byrd. I hope he did before he died, and we do not know what he really thought about before he died. But, i and many on this forum have grown up knowing what these crazy folks are like. To hold the views of a racist is to be born into a family or culture that indoctrinates you into it. No one is born a racist. We have friends and/or family members that are bat crap crazy about this topic. We deal with the everyday nutjobs and they are extremely unlikely to change their thinking.

Now, add in the fact that Byrd was such a racist that he dedicated his life to the KKK. He became the fair headed child of the KKK leaders in WV. He chose this as his statement of life. He chose this as his cause to serve his community was to keep blacks in their place and deny them basic human rights. He pro-actively and aggressively set out to deny blacks their rights. He didnt give a speech in front of a group or two. He organized the damn groups! He organized campaigns. He lead campaigns. he spoke in front of hundreds of groups and probably thousands of people. He wasnt a two bit pol from Louisiana. He was a nationally recognized, KKK Leader that somehow got elected to the Senate.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Robert_Byrd

In 1946, (almost 30 years old) Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."[20] However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist.[12] But Byrd's friend and fellow Klansman Democratic Senator Theodore G. Bilbo told Meet the Press, "No man can leave the Klan. He takes an oath not to do that. Once a Ku Klux, always a Ku Klux."[21] Byrd never provided any corroboration for his claim to have quit.

If you do the math. Byrd is lying in the statement he made when running in 1952. He says he was out of the KKK for 9 years. The letter to Bilbo was written in 1946. He also states that he was only a member of the KKK for one year. He was an active member far longer than that. So, what we have here is Byrd lying about his connection to the KKK starting back in 1952. He lied for the rest of his life.

Same as , sadly, many in the current WH administration.......

And the part I take a little issue with is that while your statement is generally true, I think successful politicians have a much larger capacity to simply do whatever works regardless of the moral implications. They aren't necessarily fully invested in racist philosophy.

Many politicians are inflicted with anti-social disorder (formerly known as sociopathy.)

Great to know you have realized the current status of the dem party.

Archived