The Next Powerhouse

Piketiger1990

There always seems to be a team that makes a run for 3-5 years as legitimate contenders (Miami, USC early 2000's, Florida, Alabama the past few) Who's next? Auburn, Oregon, Ohio State? I'm hoping with Muschamp coming aboard it will be AU but I would not be surprised by either of these three.

Ohio State probably. They play an easy schedule every year and Urban has recruited SEC level talent. They will at least make the playoff and dominate Harbaugh at Michigan. I think we will be contenders every year, but our schedule is going to be too tough to win every year.

Ohio State probably. They play an easy schedule every year and Urban has recruited SEC level talent. They will at least make the playoff and dominate Harbaugh at Michigan. I think we will be contenders every year, but our schedule is going to be too tough to win every year.

Harbaugh, once he gets the talent level up to par, is going to make life miserable for Urban so they better make their move over the next couple of years. I honestly don't see them being able to beat Oregon this year. The SEC had a slightly down year this year but there is still a lot of talent there. A team from the SEC will be in the playoff pretty much every year. Oregon isn't going anywhere. Michigan State isn't going anywhere either so I don't give them a pass for anything.

Yep. OSU would be my pick, too. When your 3rd-string freshman QB is Cam Newton size and can come off the bench to lead the team through the conf championship game & semi-finals of the CFB Playoffs ... ... yeah, I'd say they've recruited well!

Did Urban sign JT Barrett or Cardale Jones? I can't recall if they are Tress guys or Urban's guys. I can look it up but I was just wondering someone knew.

Did Urban sign JT Barrett or Cardale Jones? I can't recall if they are Tress guys or Urban's guys. I can look it up but I was just wondering someone knew.

Barrett is his guy. Jones is too

I say Oregon. They've been consistently good for years--even when they don't have a freak like Mariota behind center.

Dominate harbaugh, the guy who turned stanford from a doormat to a contender? Michigan will be a top contender for many years while harbaugh is their coach. It may take a year or two but you can bank it.

Harbaugh will have Michigan back in the National title hunt in no time. They will be a thorn in Ohio State's side. I also believe that USC will be a thorn in Oregon's side too with their resurgence.

Harbaugh's hiring is to Michigan what Saban's hiring is to Alabama. Not only will he turn them around quickly, but the recruiting is going to be immediately better and the days Big sparty owning of the state of Michigan are essentially done. Harbaugh may not beat sparty next season, but the day is coming. I guarantee the first 10 win season that Michigan posts, ESPN is gonna be like "crimson who?" :-\ :lmao:I would say that Oregon and Michigan are going to be the power teams in the coming seasons.

Harbaugh's hiring is to Michigan what Saban's hiring is to Alabama. Not only will he turn them around quickly, but the recruiting is going to be immediately better and the days Big sparty owning of the state of Michigan are essentially done. Harbaugh may not beat sparty next season, but the day is coming. I guarantee the first 10 win season that Michigan posts, ESPN is gonna be like "crimson who?" :-\ :lmao:I would say that Oregon and Michigan are going to be the power teams in the coming seasons.

That Michigan power shift might happen more sooner than later with MSU's former defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi bolting for the Pitt HC job.

I'll echo the sentiment of others regarding Ohio State being that next big powerhouse. They have crazy QB depth, and are continuing to bring in top talent.

For Auburn, I think it depends on how much of an improvement we see from the defense in year 1 under Muschamp. I feel the offense will be better under Johnson than Marshall (taking nothing away from Marshall) because we will finally be dangerous running and throwing the ball. Gus's full playbook on display for the first time.

Tennessee the dark horse. You heard it here first, folks.

Believe it or not....I almost posted that last night. All those talented freshmen being seasoned by tougher times. Could be another Big Orange Crush coming.

Believe it or not....I almost posted that last night. All those talented freshmen being seasoned by tougher times. Could be another Big Orange Crush coming.

If nothing else it would give the turd someone else to have to deal with. I'm tired of them missing all the tough games with east teams.

If nothing else it would give the turd someone else to have to deal with. I'm tired of them missing all the tough games with east teams.

That match-up becoming a real game for bammer would be fun to watch. Lord knows TN has the motivation to take bammer down.

Are you all looking past the munchkin and his total future dominance?.......Me too !!!

What makes anyone think that bama will not be the team to beat? Just being honest, AU is probably tied for third or fourth in the SEC west right now until something different happens on the field with the defense.

What makes anyone think that bama will not be the team to beat? Just being honest, AU is probably tied for third or fourth in the SEC west right now until something different happens on the field with the defense.

Who do they have for qb? Amari is gone. Really it is simple history. We haven't had a repeat conference champion in nearly 20 years. I don't see any reason why it changes. They go to A&M, to MSU and come to Auburn. I see 2 losses at least right there. I don't see a team having a mini dynasty anymore. They'll be good but there's too many teams elsewhere that are just as good as anybody else.

Who do they have for qb? Amari is gone. Really it is simple history. We haven't had a repeat conference champion in nearly 20 years. I don't see any reason why it changes. They go to A&M, to MSU and come to Auburn. I see 2 losses at least right there. I don't see a team having a mini dynasty anymore. They'll be good but there's too many teams elsewhere that are just as good as anybody else.

uat will take a few steps backwards...

uat will take a few steps backwards...

Even his vaunted defense just got torched for 40+ in consecutive games. One of these games he had a month to get ready.

As much as I hate bama, I just can't count them out of the top teams in the country until it actually happens. Until bama posts a 3-4 loss season they will remain the team to beat.

Archived