The Next Powerhouse

Piketiger1990

Tennessee the dark horse. You heard it here first, folks.

Agree with you. He's been doing it the "old fashioned" way.... building the program. As much as I hate Cryer, I do believe tOSU is probably on the way because he doesn't have to compete with saban, year in and year out... As much as I live the idean of Harbaugh....the dude only came back to UM because nobody in the NFL wants him. His heart is not in it....but he loves that NCAA record paycheck. BSPN raves about his introductory speech.... I've seen programmed robots give more heartfelt speeches....

I HOPE that he starts to "feel it" as time goes, but I will have see it before I'm convinced. Another NFL job comes open and they actually WANT him? He's gone...

Agree with you. He's been doing it the "old fashioned" way.... building the program. As much as I hate Cryer, I do believe tOSU is probably on the way because he doesn't have to compete with saban, year in and year out... As much as I live the idean of Harbaugh....the dude only came back to UM because nobody in the NFL wants him. His heart is not in it....but he loves that NCAA record paycheck. BSPN raves about his introductory speech.... I've seen programmed robots give more heartfelt speeches....

I HOPE that he starts to "feel it" as time goes, but I will have see it before I'm convinced. Another NFL job comes open and they actually WANT him? He's gone...

Maybe he wasn't "feeling it" because the entire organization wasn't "feeling" him. Coaching for your alma mater should light a fire under anyone.

Maybe he wasn't "feeling it" because the entire organization wasn't "feeling" him. Coaching for your alma mater should light a fire under anyone.

That's my point. I would have thought his intro speech would have said "LET'S GO GET 'EM!" but it didn't. Plus, look how long it took him to hem and haw around even making a decision (knowing the niners wanted nothing to do with him). He was looking for another NFL op. It didn't come up...his ego was bruised....he "settled" for coaching his alma mater. As a guy who's heard a few coach's speeches, his would have made me go "uh oh".

That's my point. I would have thought his intro speech would have said "LET'S GO GET 'EM!" but it didn't. Plus, look how long it took him to hem and haw around even making a decision (knowing the niners wanted nothing to do with him). He was looking for another NFL op. It didn't come up...his ego was bruised....he "settled" for coaching his alma mater. As a guy who's heard a few coach's speeches, his would have made me go "uh oh".

Hopefully your right. You won't see me shedding any tears over a continued struggling Michigan program.

I think Oakland would have broken the bank and given him full control over personnel to get him there. I don't worry too much about speeches. The guy knows how to coach. That's what matters.

Archived