This team reminds me of 2003

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire SEC was hyped based on reputation, not necessarily on how good they were. Auburn had some pretty glaring flaws dating back to the K-State game. Posters just chose to ignore them. Some actually argued Auburn should have been ranked number 1 after that game because nobody in the field looked that impressive.

Not to me. 03 to 04, AU had entire backfield and receivers back plus a ton of other players. We are losing quarterback and running back.

We'll arguably be better at RB next season. I know many on these boards would argue the same for the QB position.

There's a lot of NFL talent on this team as well. Sammie and Duke (when he leaves) will be higher draft picks than any WR on the 2003 team. Dismukes is a clear NFL guy; he's likely not alone. Nick and CAP will be drafted. Blackson and Wright likely will be as well. Frost and Cass have a chance to go higher than any LB at Auburn since Dansby and Thomas. Jones looks like an NFL CB.

It's not steeped in first rounders the way the 2003 team was (Dansby, Williams, Brown, Rogers, Campbell, and Grubbs... even though he played sparingly), but it'll probably have a similar number of NFL draft picks, especially if you include Lawson.

Not me. The 2003 three team was not 2 years removed from the garbage that was 2012, 2001 was not great and the spuat beat down was terrible, but the 2003 team had a better base than did this team. Gus performed a miracle last season based on how far our program had disintegrated under Chizik/Trooper. We DID underperform this season, but it still was not a good comparison to 2003. FWIW, it would be foolish to expect a 2004-like year next year if you believe this season was like 2003. Our D is light years away from being what the 2003 D was and what our 2004 D would be.

wde

All I know is that the coaching on both sides this year was terrible. Last year we were involved in two out of this world miracle plays that kept us from a 9-3 season. If we don't finish with at least 10 wins next season, Gus should be on the hot seat. He reminds me of Brady Hoke right now.

All I know is that the coaching on both sides this year was terrible. Last year we were involved in two out of this world miracle plays that kept us from a 9-3 season. If we don't finish with at least 10 wins next season, Gus should be on the hot seat. He reminds me of Brady Hoke right now.

You have got to be kidding. If you believe that, you're a bigger fool than I thought.

There is dumb-dumber-and THIS.

Blasphemy. to the bolded. Agree with the rest. Auburn capitalized on other team's blunders. What's even more laughable is how posters will say the Georgia game wasn't luck because Auburn should never have been in that position to begin with. Then, apply the exact opposite logic to the State and A&M games.

You have got to be kidding. If you believe that, you're a bigger fool than I thought.

I disagree with DyeHardAllTheWay right now too, but I am not going to call him/her/it a fool. At this this same point in the Chizik experience, many on this and other boards were convinced Chizik was the next Saban in terms of wins and losses. The jury is out on Gus. Next year will tell us a lot. I don't believe Gus to be another Chizik, but he must improve next season in terms of wins/losses next season. We have have had 1 very good year (2013) and 1 below what we consider) par year. Next year is a big one for Gus.

wde

I disagree with DyeHardAllTheWay right now too, but I am not going to call him/her/it a fool. At this this same point in the Chizik experience, many on this and other boards were convinced Chizik was the next Saban in terms of wins and losses. The jury is out on Gus. Next year will tell us a lot. I don't believe Gus to be another Chizik, but he must improve next season in terms of wins/losses next season. We have have had 1 very good year (2013) and 1 below what we consider) par year. Next year is a big one for Gus.

wde

Gus is not proven but he is not Brady Hoke by a long shot. Next year is a bit of a rebuilding year. I think 10 wins is achievable. You can't fix this defense completely in one year. I expect an offense much more like what we saw in 2013.

High expectations, top 10 preseason pick, but a lot of disappointment and ugly losses that should not have happened.

Inexplicable losses, I have to agree. However, unlike the '03 team, there will be major changes in the Offense. QB, starting RB, a WR or 2, four yr starter at centre, a pair of talented , experienced TE's...

you need to go to the other state teams blog. You sound just like them. By the way there were two great plays that save AU from defeats. One was vs UGA. The other was not UAT. Tell me the other. Without your I phone or computer. Red belly.

you need to go to the other state teams blog. You sound just like them. By the way there were two great plays that save AU from defeats. One was vs UGA. The other was not UAT. Tell me the other. Without your I phone or computer. Red belly.

MSU stop at the goal line?

MSU stop at the goal line?

We know that is the play. Bama fans are convinced that they lost the AU game on the kick off return. That game was over when AU tied it, thus the miracle field goal try. I bet old bama boy wouldn't have known if you hadn't told him. WDE!

That 2003 team didn't have great leadership similar to this year. However, the 2003 season is what made guys like Cadilac, Brown, Campbell, Rodgers, etc. great leaders for the 2004 team. If the 2015 team can develop the leadership and chemistry the 2004 team had, great things will happen next year.

Archived