2015 4* ATH Tim Irvin commits to AU!

Dixie1860

4_3335892.jpg

Tim Irvin, WR/RB/S

Miami, FL

5'8.5 / 194

- Committed to Texas Flipped from Texas to AU (1/18/15)

- OV'd to Auburn 1/17/15

- Nephew of Michael Irvin

- Plans to enroll this week

"I felt like it was comfortable," Irvin hours after his commitment. "It was a nice place when I first came on the campus. I felt like the coaches and players brought me in like I was their child. I just felt like I was at home."

"It was just Coach Muschamp an T-Rob and the relationship I had with those guys," Irvin said. "They were like a dad to me. During my recruiting process I talked to them almost every day. They've been with me since Day 1 and that's why I want to play for those guys.

"(Muschamp) reached out to me probably the second day. Coach (Gus) Malzahn was telling me he asked (Muschamp) 'Who do you want?' and he said 'I've got to get Tim Irvin.' When he told me that, I felt like I can be an impact in the defense."

"It was very important when I committed," he said. "I talked to (the uncommitted players) about rebuilding the program with the 2015 class, and it will be a great day if all those guys come, and hopefully we'll get a ring.

"I think it can be real special."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/auburns_will_muschamp_travaris.html

New Auburn commit Tim Irvin will fly back to Auburn on Tuesday and begin class Wednesday.

@Keith247Sports

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Clemson, FIU, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Indiana, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Miami (FL), Michigan State, Mississippi State, NC State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Texas, UCF, UCLA, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 4*

Some Chatter out there that we stand a chance here. Anyone know anything?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you started this thread right before I did. As far as Tim goes, haven't you heard the word...

I know he commits in the third quarter of the Army high school bowl today. Would be a shocker if we got him.

Auburn has picked up interest from him just recently. We need more time. He was scheduled to announce during the U.S. Army Game today. If he does, it will probably be Texas. Like John Burt though, he was not happy when the WR coach at Texas was fired.

Auburn has picked up interest from him just recently. We need more time. He was scheduled to announce during the U.S. Army Game today. If he does, it will probably be Texas. Like John Burt though, he was not happy when the WR coach at Texas was fired.

He is an early enrollee, he will probably commit today.

Hope we weren't counting on getting any of his buds... Said he and his friends all decided to "stick together". I guess that means going to the same school - Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, heard if the staff can get him to visit this weekend he could flip to the good guys.

Gee. I wonder where you heard that? link ;D

Tim Irvin who the staff is feverishly working on to try to get him to visit this weekend. If they get him to visit the chances are very good we flip Irvin from Texas as a safety/nickel recruit.

Bump, heard if the staff can get him to visit this weekend he could flip to the good guys.

Gee. I wonder where you heard that? link ;D/>

Tim Irvin who the staff is feverishly working on to try to get him to visit this weekend. If they get him to visit the chances are very good we flip Irvin from Texas as a safety/nickel recruit.

Read from KN the other day and also from you today!

Archived