Outback Bowl experience

auburnpride99

I just wanted to say how much fun I had at the game despite the loss. I think it was easily 2-1 Auburn fans if not more. Even after the loss as we all filed out of the stadium the chant of " It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" broke out. It was so loud, it was incredible. Long after I got out of the stadium I could still hear the chant from our fans. That's one of the many reasons I believe in Auburn and love it.

I wasn't able to go this time, but I went to the Outback Bowl after the '09 season and liked it. It's not very far away as bowls go, the stadium is good with easy access and plenty of parking. All-in-all the only thing I don't like about the Outback is that if we're there we are not at one of the bigger bowls.

I thought the experience was nice. It didn't get too hot and around Tampa you could see lots of AU fans

I think Auburn Alumni from Tampa are jerks.....

;) Just kidding, it was great to see my fellow AU people in my backyard! So much fun - looking forward to the 2015 season already!

I wasn't able to go this time, but I went to the Outback Bowl after the '09 season and liked it. It's not very far away as bowls go, the stadium is good with easy access and plenty of parking. All-in-all the only thing I don't like about the Outback is that if we're there we are not at one of the bigger bowls.

I was there in '09 also. What.A.Game.

I was able to go in 2009 and this year. Honestly, Tampa is a great bowl destination. Lots to do with beaches, Busch Gardens, etc. It seems to me that they don't market this bowl as much as others do (i.e. Chick-fil-A) and the locals don't turn out very much either. Great experience though. Maybe it's the early kickoff?

I was able to go in 2009 and this year. Honestly, Tampa is a great bowl destination. Lots to do with beaches, Busch Gardens, etc. It seems to me that they don't market this bowl as much as others do (i.e. Chick-fil-A) and the locals don't turn out very much either. Great experience though. Maybe it's the early kickoff?

You hit the nail on the head. beaches, Busch Gardens, New Years Day, locals are very sports fickle here in Tampa. And that was the best game to be played in that stadium all year. Seriously.

You hit the nail on the head. beaches, Busch Gardens, New Years Day, locals are very sports fickle here in Tampa. And that was the best game to be played in that stadium all year. Seriously.

Agreed, Tampa is not known for great turnout at sporting events.

We had a great time. Had Club level seats and all the amenities were first class. It is a great stadium to see a game My only negative would be the jumbotrons They have big ones at each end but the lower half are devoted to ads so on replays you only see half a picture. Then one end is partially blocked by the full size pirate ship used as for concessions. But overall it's very nice. Everything is 10 times better than the Rose Bowl.

^^ also the jumbotrons had to have been installed in the pre-HD era. I felt like I was watching old highlights on VHS!

It's a great bowl and a great bowl destination city. We ate seafood for lunch and dinner every day. My only complaint is that the secondary ticket market was completely screwed up. About half the tickets were sold, so half were available at the ticket window just minutes before kickoff. At face value. There were very few really good seats available on the street before the game (we were looking for 8 together). Once inside it was obvious that some eBay and Craigslist buyers got hosed.

As for the tourist attractions, Busch Gardens kicked my a$$. I seriously think I have a broken vertebrae from riding Kumba.

Archived