Harvard outrage over healthcare cost increases

TheBlueVue

This is beautiful the perfect personification of liberal thinking. Many at Harvard championed the Affordable Care Act evidently assuming it would hit everyone in America BUT them. Now that they've realized it IS them that is facing the inconvenience of having to pay more for the same thing, they're not nearly as charmed with the law as they once were. LOL!

"In Harvard’s health care
enrollment guide
for 2015, the university said it “must respond to the national trend of rising health care costs, including some driven by
health care reform
,” in the form of the Affordable Care Act. The guide said that Harvard faced “added costs” because of provisions in the
health care law
that extend coverage for children up to age 26, offer free preventive services like mammograms and colonoscopies and, starting in 2018, add a tax on high-cost insurance, known as the
Cadillac tax

Richard F. Thomas, a Harvard professor of classics and one of the world’s leading authorities on Virgil, called the changes “deplorable, deeply regressive, a sign of the corporatization of the university.”

Mary D. Lewis, a professor who specializes in the history of modern France and has led opposition to the benefit changes, said they were tantamount to a pay cut. “Moreover,” she said, “this pay cut will be timed to come at precisely the moment when you are sick, stressed or facing the challenges of being a new parent.”

Read it all here and chuckle if you see the humor. I sure did.

The check is in the mail....My dog ate my homework....liberals never lie...........

Archived