Sold His Country Out For Prostitutes

Texan4Auburn

A U.S. Navy commander pleaded guilty Tuesday in a massive bribery scheme involving a longtime military contractor in Asia who allegedly offered luxury travel, prostitutes and other bribes to Navy officers in exchange for confidential information.
Prosecutors say he bought information that allowed his company to overbill the Navy for port services in Asia by at least $20 million since 2009.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/us-navy-commander-pleads-guilty-in-massive-bribery-case/ar-BBhBpIs

That is pretty sad.

Over billing the military is a business model in itself. Heck, even Boeing has been caught doing it. The relatively minor penalties perpetuate it.

I am guessing that there are many people within DoD, who are "helping themselves".

Over billing the military is a business model in itself. Heck, even Boeing has been caught doing it. The relatively minor penalties perpetuate it.

I am guessing that there are many people within DoD, who are "helping themselves".

When you allow people to get away with things it escalates. Hell....the example is within the leadership of a nation. Sickening.

When you allow people to get away with things it escalates. Hell....the example is within the leadership of a nation. Sickening.

It is only one story. From personal experience, how about a Korean national who lives in a $20 million ocean front home on the west coast, gets caught inflating his costs on a cost plus contract. He doesn't lose the contract, he doesn't lose his ability to work for the government, nothing. $70K fine/restitution and back to business as usual. The guy (subcontractor) who turned him in, loses his company because, in the words of the USAF investigator, "the primary contractors don't trust you anymore". The lesson, don't make waves, don't turn anyone in, mind your own business.

Archived