Auburn Football Graduation

RunInRed

Nice to see that the "student" part of student-athlete is not a forgotten concept.

Congrats to all of those young men and women who have taken advantage of what an Auburn athletic scholarship made possible.

War Eagle. :hellyeah:

Proud of these young men. All were well spoken and appreciated the degree. They all have a future because of the hard work they put in to get their degrees.

If you ever hear anyone speak badly about the idea of a "student-athlete", you punch them right in the nose. Watching these guys - it warms my heart. I guarantee more than half the football or basketball players nationwide would never have a chance to walk across a stage like that.

I remember graduating, and will get my Masters degree in May, and they're huge deals that still punch me in the gut when I think about it. I can't imagine growing up in a situation where a college degree was completely out of reach, and a lot of these guys overcame just that situation. They are more than student-athletes, they are absolute role models, and should be commended!

War Eagle, guys! Congratulations!

Archived