Georgia hires Brian Shottenheiner as OC

CameronCrazy

“@nfldraftscout: If Georgia wanted a sub-par offensive coordinator, they could have called me.”

NFL scout Matt Miller is not impressed. This sounds like Georgia just made a Scott Leofler hire!

Georgia has its next offensive coordinator.

The school announced on Wednesday that it has hired Brian Schottenheimer, the long-time NFL assistant, as the Bulldogs’ offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Schottenheimer was the offensive coordinator for the St. Louis Rams for the past three seasons and hasn’t coached in college since 2000, when he was USC’s tight ends coach.

Schottenheimer will replace Mike Bobo, who had been with the program since 2001 but accepted the head-coaching job at Colorado State in December.

“This is a great opportunity to become a Georgia Bulldog for both my career and my family,” Schottenheimer said in a statement. “I'm thrilled to be part of an elite program with such national tradition and a great staff already in place. I look forward to working with young men and being a positive and significant influence on their lives as we develop them athletically, academically, and socially.”

http://sports.yahoo....q1UFsAAreJXNyoA

“@nfldraftscout: If Georgia wanted a sub-par offensive coordinator, they could have called me.”

NFL scout Matt Miller is not impressed. This sounds like Georgia just made a Scott Leofler hire!

Outstanding!!

"@nfldraftscout: If Georgia wanted a sub-par offensive coordinator, they could have called me."

Hopefully this bodes well for the long overdue beatdown they have coming in November.

The hire might turn out better than most expect for UGA, but at the moment, it wreaks of 'meh'

The Rams haven't been an offensive juggernaut since Mike Martz roamed the sidelines in the early to mid 00's back from "The Greatest Show on Turf" era.

With the onset of the "Spread" formation with HUNH, pro coaches seem to be unable to effectively coach against, or for a team that runs the offense. (Van Gorder & Loeffler)

With the onset of the "Spread" formation with HUNH, pro coaches seem to be unable to effectively coach against, or for a team that runs the offense. (Van Gorder & Loeffler)

Pro coaches have caught up to it in the past couple of years. The read option was set to take the league by storm but it lasted all of about one season.

Archived