Chemistry wasn't there

Randman5000

It was obvious that the problems on D were bigger than Whitehead (that is why we only have one D coach remaining on the staff). I don't know exactly what happened, but if Whitehead accosted a coach (whether verbally and or physically) to the point that he received a 4 game suspension, then he should have been kicked off of the team.

wde

No offense, but I can't see any logic whatsoever in that idea.

What part of the lack of logic did you see in my post? Explain and I will reply. I thought I was clear that if Whitehead accosted a coach verbally or physically that resulted in a 4 game suspension then he should have been kicked off of the team instead of getting only a 4 game suspension.

wde

Yes, you were clear what your thought is. Your thought is illogical.

Your if>then statement is completely invalid. "If a 4-game suspension is the correct punishment, then expulsion is the correct punishment." That's the opposite of logic. 1 does not equal 2.

Add in the fact that you're basing this on no real knowledge of what the punishment is in response to and the lack of logic becomes even more acute- and a bit galling.

You're hoping for an Auburn player to lose quite a bit more than he already has without knowing why. I find that odd behavior for an Auburn fan.

I get your point, but what I am saying, clumsily at this point, is that I do not believe the 4 game suspension was the correct punishment (being kicked off of the team was) and it ultimately hurt the team.

There were reports on other boards that this was not the 1st time Whitehead had caused problems with the coaching staff. Connecting the dots, if the incident this past season was the first and only time Whitehead had caused problems (in a verbal manner), then I doubt he would have suspended for 4 games.

I never "hope" that an AU football player does anything that causes him to get kicked off of the team, but if they earn getting kicked off, then they deserve it. In this case, based on what I have read, Whitehead deserved to get kicked off of the team. Of course I could be wrong and you can certainly disagree. I am totally OK with both.

wde

You actually couldn't be more wrong here. The reason the chemistry was off was because you on one end a player who had been a starter for the team for 4 years who received such a harm punishement vs a new comer who basically did not receieve the same or basically any type of punishmnet for similar offense. That sends a bad look to the team. To see your brother who grew with the team for four years and stuck it out through the good and the bad be punished on such a severe level while on the otherhand you have a newcomer who has had a few similar offenses only get a few slaps on the risk... that's not such "All In" or "Family" feeling.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was obvious that the problems on D were bigger than Whitehead (that is why we only have one D coach remaining on the staff). I don't know exactly what happened, but if Whitehead accosted a coach (whether verbally and or physically) to the point that he received a 4 game suspension, then he should have been kicked off of the team.

wde

What part of the lack of logic did you see in my post? Explain and I will reply. I thought I was clear that if Whitehead accosted a coach verbally or physically that resulted in a 4 game suspension then he should have been kicked off of the team instead of getting only a 4 game suspension.

wde

Your if>then statement is completely invalid. "If a 4-game suspension is the correct punishment, then expulsion is the correct punishment." That's the opposite of logic. 1 does not equal 2.

Add in the fact that you're basing this on no real knowledge of what the punishment is in response to and the lack of logic becomes even more acute- and a bit galling.

You're hoping for an Auburn player to lose quite a bit more than he already has without knowing why. I find that odd behavior for an Auburn fan.

I get your point, but what I am saying, clumsily at this point, is that I do not believe the 4 game suspension was the correct punishment (being kicked off of the team was) and it ultimately hurt the team.

There were reports on other boards that this was not the 1st time Whitehead had caused problems with the coaching staff. Connecting the dots, if the incident this past season was the first and only time Whitehead had caused problems (in a verbal manner), then I doubt he would have suspended for 4 games.

I never "hope" that an AU football player does anything that causes him to get kicked off of the team, but if they earn getting kicked off, then they deserve it. In this case, based on what I have read, Whitehead deserved to get kicked off of the team. Of course I could be wrong and you can certainly disagree. I am totally OK with both.

wde

You actually couldn't be more wrong here. The reason the chemistry was off was because you on one end a player who had been a starter for the team for 4 years who received such a harm punishement vs a new comer who basically did not receieve the same or basically any type of punishmnet for similar offense. That sends a bad look to the team. To see your brother who grew with the team for four years and stuck it out through the good and the bad be punished on such a severe level while on the otherhand you have a newcomer who has had a few similar offenses only get a few slaps on the risk... that's not such "All In" or "Family" feeling.

Who was the new comer that committed a similar offense that Whitehead did only got a slap on the wrist?

wde

wde

wde

wde

Who was the new comer that committed a similar offense that Whitehead did only got a slap on the wrist?

wde

I rather not reveal his identity but I will say he was very important to the team.

Next time I know something i'm going to tell everyone how I know it and say everything possible about it but the most important part.

Season's over, dude. You can say what the issue was and who it was with. And even if the season wasn't over, if you think you are in someway hurting the program by sharing your knowledge then...well, I guess I could choose to be a total ass here, but you're wrong. It's a freaking message board.

I think originally it was probably just for the KSU game. When he went and put it out on Twitter after being told not to that is what got him the four games. Nobody outside of those directly involved really knows and they're not going to tell anyone outside the program.

Next time I know something i'm going to tell everyone how I know it and say everything possible about it but the most important part.

Season's over, dude. You can say what the issue was and who it was with. And even if the season wasn't over, if you think you are in someway hurting the program by sharing your knowledge then...well, I guess I could choose to be a total ass here, but you're wrong. It's a freaking message board.

Does it even matter who the new comer is? That is not even the issue at hand or what is important out of the situation. Knowing who that person is only relevant to having information for the sake of wanting to know it all. At the end of the day these are still unpaid kids who I respect; I'm not here to expose them every chance I get.

If one person's actions could cause a meltdown like what we saw then there wasn't much teamwork being exhibited in the first place. Look at Ohio State. They are on their third string QB and are playing in the National Championship tonight. One player doesn't make or a break a team that is truly a team.

Does it even matter who the new comer is? That is not even the issue at hand or what is important out of the situation. Knowing who that person is only relevant to having information for the sake of wanting to know it all. At the end of the day these are still unpaid kids who I respect; I'm not here to expose them every chance I get.

I think it does matter, actually. If it was Duke Williams vs if it was Andrew Williams makes a difference, IMO.

And yes, I do want to know it "all". We are emotionally invested in the school and football team and when the wheels fall off like they did this season we certainly would like to know what attributed to it. This is why HBO's Hard Knocks is successful. But dangling the fact that you know something out there only to, figuratively, say "nevermind" is lame. Why even do that? If you don't want to share info that is perfectly fine but why even make it known that you know something without sharing? What's the point?

I think it does matter, actually. If it was Duke Williams vs if it was Andrew Williams makes a difference, IMO.

And yes, I do want to know it "all". We are emotionally invested in the school and football team and when the wheels fall off like they did this season we certainly would like to know what attributed to it. This is why HBO's Hard Knocks is successful. But dangling the fact that you know something out there only to, figuratively, say "nevermind" is lame. Why even do that? If you don't want to share info that is perfectly fine but why even make it known that you know something without sharing? What's the point?

Because I am emotionally invested in the school and football team is why I choose discretion. Also the fact that I know a few of these players on a personal level is why I choose to protect his identity. These kids nor the program "owe" it to us to know every single little detail. Do I WANT to know every little detail? Yes. Do I NEED to know every little detail? No. Don't get me wrong, I completly understand where you're coming from, but knowing a few of these guys on a personal level changes my view on certain issues.

WDE

Because I am emotionally invested in the school and football team is why I choose discretion. Also the fact that I know a few of these players on a personal level is why I choose to protect his identity. These kids nor the program "owe" it to us to know every single little detail. Do I WANT to know every little detail? Yes. Do I NEED to know every little detail? No. Don't get me wrong, I completly understand where you're coming from, but knowing a few of these guys on a personal changes my view on certain issues.

WDE

Great post.

Take away the anonymity and a lot of these folks wouldn't act anything like they do here.

The thing about that is would Gus EVER say he haven't addressed the issues? Gus is always going to say what you want to hear

Because I am emotionally invested in the school and football team is why I choose discretion. Also the fact that I know a few of these players on a personal level is why I choose to protect his identity. These kids nor the program "owe" it to us to know every single little detail. Do I WANT to know every little detail? Yes. Do I NEED to know every little detail? No. Don't get me wrong, I completly understand where you're coming from, but knowing a few of these guys on a personal level changes my view on certain issues.

WDE

That's fair. Personal relationships definitely change the dynamic.

But it sure doesn't kill my curiosity! lol

The thing about that is would Gus EVER say he haven't addressed the issues? Gus is always going to say what you want to hear

haha seriously, Gus was probably a beast at writing fluff essays in school.

Why would he say anything? He fired the entire defensive staff!!! Oh, my bad, he kept that sorry ol' DL coach.

This is the magic potion that is the difference between teams that achieve and teams that underachieve. The drug misdemeanors, the untimely deaths, players not buying in....all combine for a lack of cohesiveness and a lack of unity. No one team member ever said "this sucks, and I'm being a slacker"...but the tiny pieces of doubt and lack of team commitment combine into the kind of year we had.

Archived