Kris Frost returning ...

RunInRed

After much praying and thinking I will be returning for my senior season I love the Auburn family and I look forward to next year! WAR EAGLE

@Frost4Life

10899248_372594932919907_1953843790_n.jpg

Kris Frost said he and his dad had been up two days, maybe three, thinking about and talking about whether he should return to Auburn or turn pro.

Then the decision hit him. At 3 in the morning.

He was coming back for his senior season to play linebacker for Auburn.

"I woke up and told my dad while he was about half asleep, so I had to tell him about three times for him to really acknowledge what I was trying to say," Frost said.

That was just the beginning.

"Then I called my mom at 3 in the morning, and I texted Coach Williams, Coach Muschamp and Coach Malzahn. It was a big thing for me."

Frost had to tell Travis Williams, who coached the linebackers in the Outback Bowl, and new defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and, of course, head coach Gus Malzahn.

"I'm excited to come back and I feel like we have some unfinished business and I feel like we can win a championship," Frost said.

It's been a good week for Auburn. Fellow linebacker Cassanova McKinzy, who has been Auburn's leading tackler the last two years, announced Tuesday he's returning for his senior season. Offensive lineman Avery Young also said he's returning for another season. Earlier, receiver Duke Williams said he'll return for his senior season. Receiver Sammie Coates said he's leaving after his 2014 junior season to turn pro.

Frost had 87 tackles in 2014, the third most on the team. McKinzy was second with 91, two behind defensive back Rudy Ford.

"I think this was the best decision for me and everyone," Frost said. "The biggest part of my decision is my love for Auburn, and what I feel I can accomplish at Auburn.

"We got really close to winning a championship, and we've had a whole lot of success. I feel like I can come back and be a captain and be a leader of the defense and the whole team.

"I see this as a great opportunity."

Frost said he and McKinzy made their decisions independently of each other.

"It's cool that both of us have chosen to come back," Frost said. "We kind of compete with each other, and it's going to be a great thing. I feel like we make this defense a top defense in our league. We have an opportunity to do some great things."

Frost said the arrival of Muschamp played into his decision.

"Being able to be coached by Coach Muschamp was definitely one of the biggest factors playing into this," he said. "It just seemed like all the stars were in line for me. I'm on track to graduate this summer, and talking to Coach Muschamp, and talking to him pretty much every day since he's been back Auburn, he went to great lengths to really help me get all the feedback from NFL scouts. He's showed me how much he knows and his knowledge about previous guys who have left, it seemed like he really cared. You can tell he cares about his guys. He's been only around for 2½ weeks in Auburn, and he's already showing how much he cares about the guys, and how much he cares about me. That went a long way for me."

http://www.auburntig.../010815aaa.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ICYMI McKinzy too ...

After much praying and thinking I will be returning for my senior season I love the Auburn family and I look forward to next year! WAR EAGLE

I've came second my whole life. I will not come second at anything else in life if I can control it. And you all can take that one to the bank

The auburn family means to much to me to not take advantage of the time I have here. I'm looking forward to helping us build the best

Defense in college football. Can't forget my brothers an that grind we embrace. I love you all. Couldn't ask for a better back bone.

@McKinzy30

I was a little surprised either was considering leaving ... regardless, excited to see what Muschamp and Co. can do with them some experienced returning talent.

I was a little surprised either was considering leaving ... regardless, excited to see what Muschamp and Co. can do with them some experienced returning talent.

i was a lot surprised. Good to hear wm is meshing with players.

Some people criticize the LB play this year, but I thought McKinzy and Frost were two of our few bright spots on defense overall.

Very glad to have them back. Senior leadership often makes or breaks potential championship teams. Without those two, we were going to be very short on Senior starters on the defensive side of the ball.

Kris has a chance to hit his ceiling, which is really high. Consistency and aggression. That's what Will has to get him to understand. Kris has already shown an ability to really dominate a football game against high level competition. Now, he needs to do it week-in, week-out and be more aggressive on the field. Take the fight to the offense. Don't just get him on the ground. Make a statement. Very happy to have a guy with this much ability back on the team.

Some people criticize the LB play this year, but I thought McKinzy and Frost were two of our few bright spots on defense overall.

frost made some plays but needs to be more consistent.

It is going to be a huge advantage having 2 senior LBs on the field. Anybody know what out 20-15-10 (I can't remember the actual numbers Stat uses) figures are going to look like heading into next season? And how that compares to this year?

I think it's safe to say if coaching changes hadn't been made they both would have bolted

maybe. It has also been said (or speculated) they didn't want to learn another scheme.

Yeah I saw that I was going off what they said (or at least Frost) in their statements. Seems like they REALLY believe Boom can make them better players

Yeah I saw that I was going off what they said (or at least Frost) in their statements. Seems like they REALLY believe Boom can make them better players

One thing is certain..they both can be a lot better players.

I love that BV took the opportunity to take a dig at Frost and McKinzy in a thread celebrating their decisions to return. Way to keep it classy, big fella.

I love that BV took the opportunity to take a dig at Frost and McKinzy in a thread celebrating their decisions to return. Way to keep it classy, big fella.

is it a dig to tell the truth? The simple fact is they can be better. They have to get better if they expect to play in the NFL. I would say making the decision to stay is reason to be happy and hopefully they'll become better and go on to have great NFL careers.

is it a dig to tell the truth?

It's redundant, it's completely unnecessary and irrelevant, and whether or not it's the truth is debatable.

It's interesting that you jump to the aid of a total and complete troll who was getting called out as such in one thread and then defend the right to denigrate our players in another.

Archived